News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX Perf Calculator

Started by Michael Benson, Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:33

Michael Benson

Hi,

The next addon from the Simfest Technology Centre is a performance calculator.  As always these programs are written for use in our sim and therefore cater for our particular needs so may not quite match what you're after.

Version 1.1 is available here

Notes

- Performance model is using RB211G Engines
- Performance is currently based on Flap 20 only
- V speeds are currently dry only
- THR is based on assumed temperature only (no TO1/TO2)

Changes V1.1

- Fixed error if OAT entered was a negative

Changes V1.0

- Complete rewrite to facilitate more accurate linear interpolation of data.
- Removal of Hardy Temp/EPR Data inline with PSX update Update 10.0.4 Beta6.
- TOPL calculation further fine tuned.
- V1 now calculated to MAX rather than MIN figure.
- Further error catching.

Changes V0.4

- You can now calculate TOPL - note this can exceed MTOW which are two different things. MTOW for BAW is GCIVF->GCIVI (381) and GBNLA->GCIVE and GCIVJ-GCIVZ (396.8 )
- Option to calculate in kgs or lbs
- Pressure altitude data a little more accurate - still only to 5000ft.
- Weight information correct up to 460T.
- Various fixes to crashes when you went outside the scope of the CSV files.

Changes V0.3

- You can now enter TOWs with decimal places.

- Fixed pressure altitude calculation error.  This should stop crashes if the pressure altitude was been rounded to 500 in error.  This will also make sure the Hardy figures work more regularly.

Changes V0.2

-It's now possible to compute MAX TOW from ambient conditions.  Pressing MAX TOW will calculate the highest possible TOW and the performance for that weight.

-Fixed issue with entering TOW which wasn't a multiple of 10.

United744

This is great! Thank you!

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Triple7,
just want to inform you that PSXPerf does not work when the decimal setting in windows is set to ,
I run a Dutch windows 8.1 version and have set my local settings to English/ UK  
with a .
it works ok then.
thank you for your contribution to this  already perfect simulation.
ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Michael Benson

Thanks Ivo.  I'll get the fix from Gary and incorporate it.

Michael Benson

V3 up - Still waiting for Gary to fix your issue Ivo - sorry!

Ivo de Colfmaker

No problem,
I use the point as decimal now
 It was just to inform you  for potential other people who might have the  komma as  decimal sign
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

brian747

Many thanks indeed for v0.3!   :D

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Michael Benson

0.4 is up.

Hopefully working on pressure altitudes greater than 6000ft next and interpolating other data to make it a little more accurate.

Michael Benson

Hardy Heinlin

One of these days I'm going to cut this forum software's sunglass smilie into little pieces 8)

brian747

Many thanks for v1.0, which is splendid!     :D

Could I please ask about TOPL?

>"You can now calculate TOPL - note this can exceed MTOW which are two different things. MTOW for BAW is GCIVF->GCIVI (381) and GBNLA->GCIVE and GCIVJ-GCIVZ (396.?)"

:shock:  Er....

OK, I get that it's something to do with weights, but my brain is crumbling: could someone please, as the saying goes, "unpack that a little"?

With thanks,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: brian747"... (396.?)"
Sunglasses smilies mean "8)"

8)

brian747

Thank you, Hardy — I couldn't recall the figure (hence the question mark), but should have guessed!

Cheers,

Brian

Michael Benson

Fixed the 8.) - I'm all for the killing of the smiley!

TOPL is the Maximum Performance Limit, or the highest weight you could takeoff with in the ambient / runway conditions.

This can exceed the MTOW which is the structural maximum weight of the aircraft which varies between configurations.

So for the registrations I outlined at BA if you were flying GCIVF out of a long runway on an ISA day your TOPL may be as high as 460tonnes, but you'd be structurally limited by the MTOW of 381 tonnes.

However on a short runway your TOPL maybe 280 tonnes, so even though the aircraft could lift 380, performance wise the max weight you could takeoff at would be 280tonnes.

Make sense?

brian747

Perfect sense: much appreciated — many thanks indeed!     :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Brian

Michael Benson

Fixed an error if user entered a negative OAT.  Version 1.01 at the top.

kindly123

Can you reup the performance tool the link is dead

Gary Oliver