News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX BACARS - V4.0.9

Started by Gary Oliver, Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:44

Captain_Crow

Same here no weather print with version 6.0, Imentioned it also in Tthe 6.0 folder...
Steff

Gary Oliver

Ah Ha! Fixed It!

A while back I put some stuff into BACARS for my own use which allows me to hook into BA Virtual to post my flights instead of using their own client.

As part of this I forced the connection to use TLS1.2.

This then means that any further connections are TLS1.2 made by the program.

It seems that the weather service now only accept TLS1.2 connections and this bit of the code wasn't called for anyone else.

I have now moved this to the correct area and uploaded V6.0.1 to fix it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gynsqmqe4wnmjf0/PSX%20BACARS-V6.0.1.msi?dl=1

Give that a go.

Cheers
G

Captain_Crow

Hi Gary, can we expect a 744Cargo setup in the planning tool ?
best
Steff

Gary Oliver

Steff,

Let me know what you're thinking and sure no worries I can add next time I am doing some dev work.

Cheers
G

Captain_Crow

Hi Gary,
I just tried out to set in the preferences B744 max Pax to 6 and max Cargo to a number of 120 tons to fake the cargo aircraft. Doesn´t work. Seems the cargo setup stopps at 99 (two numbers) tons. It doesn´t work up from three numbers like 100.
May be I am wrong, so I need help to set up a Cargo-744.
Thanks for your help.
But, if this brings you away from programming a Standalone Vatsim client, disregard all my questions... :-)
Is the balkony already painted btw.? :-)
Steff

Gary Oliver

Steff,

I have added the B744CARGO aircraft type for you and fixed a few more issues.

Balcony still not painted :-)

Cheers
G

Captain_Crow

A big THANK YOU, dear Gary!

Steff

Captain_Crow

Hi Gary,
it´s me again.
Planning with your wonderfull tool for a cargo flight results in a max ZFW of about 251 tons. Planning only in Simbrief it is about 276969 tons, which is the MZFW of our fleet.
I can not change this value by myself.
So, I need your kind help again...
Sorry...
Steff

Gary Oliver

Steff,

Updated for you just now.

Thanks
Gary

Captain_Crow

andrej

Hello Gary,

where could one download the updated Cargo version for the PSX software?

Thank You kindly!
Andrej

Gary Oliver

Andre,

There is no update needed for BACARS I have just updated the planning portal at https://planning.simfest.co.uk to support cargo.

If there's anything you think we need in BACARS to support this then let me know and I can make the required changes.

Cheers
G

andrej

Gary,

thanks for your clarification. I am sorry as I got confused between BACARS and PSX.NET. I hope it is OK to ask for PSX.NET help here as well. :)

I would like to ask, how I can activate Cargo version in the PSX.NET.

I am using following versions:
PSX.NET: 1.0.0
Doors: 1.1.0
Ground Services: 1.0.0

It is such an amazing add-on!

Thank you!

I just realized that was using older PSX.NET version. This morning I downloaded correct version and it has now cargo versions as well. I am sorry about this confusion. Now, all is good.

Thanks again for your commitmnet to this community!
Sincerely,
Andrej

Gary Oliver

Andrej,

Ah good news!  Was going to take a look tonight for you.

Cheers
G

glubbfreund

Quote from: Martin Baker on Wed,  9 Jan 2019 19:58
Quick question: a few weeks ago I tried BACARS briefly, connecting it from a windows machine (with PSX.Net) over the network to a mac running PSX. It aoounced the connection OK from the windows side but I wasn't able to use it in PSX - the ACARS CDU basically just froze. I'll try it again soon when I get PSX running on the windows machine too - was this what caused the problem (PSX and BACARS on diffferent machines) or could there have been something else getting in the way?

Hello Gary,

I have the identical issue but I use Linux instead of OSX. The Client is windows of course. Any Idea?

Take your time, I enjoy simfest for now :)