News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX BACARS - V4.0.9

Started by Gary Oliver, Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:44

JohnH

Hi Gary,

I am running windows 10 with the latest update to PSX. I have installed BACARS and it seems to be connecting and running perfect. I managed to follow Britjets tutorial and everything went well. I do get a Acars failed message on the main menu of the BACARS connection screen. I went to Hopies site and got a logon code which I entered along with my email on the connection screen, is their something else I need to do?

Thanks, John

Gary Oliver

Markus,

At present all flight repotrs are sent to a SQL server running in AWS.  I was planning on writing a web front end so people can view their own data, although other tasks have got in the way.

I will add an app.config setting to choose the ground station in the next update.

JohnH,

That is odd, it should just work.  I wonder if any of my previous changes around the flight number have caused a reported failure here.  Have you tried making sure there is a Flight Number entered in the RTE page?

Cheers
Gary

JohnH

JohnH,

That is odd, it should just work.  I wonder if any of my previous changes around the flight number have caused a reported failure here.  Have you tried making sure there is a Flight Number entered in the RTE page?

Cheers
Gary
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I checked and I do have a 'Flight Number' entered on the RTE page.

Gary Oliver

v3.0.5 is available at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uuzbsdu2kkuw6u/PSX%20BACARS%20V3.0.5.zip?dl=0

V3.0.5
======
-Updated PERF REQ pages to match latest photos of BA 744s CDUs sent via twitter
-Fuel Remaining on ACARS Report No Longer Blank

V3.0.4
======
-Now Uses FMC FltNumber for any communication with Hoppies ACARS which is your ATC callsign and not the actual BA flight number
-PDC should now work properly when online

V3.0.3
======
-Updated In Time to Come From Engine Shutdown not doors opening
-Updates to Flight Board for World Flight

G-CIVA

Steve Bell
aka The CC

Gary Oliver

Latest version is now available from

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgryfh2w97xiq0j/PSX%20BACARS%20V3.1.0.zip?dl=0

Fixes....

V3.1.0
======
-Now received ACARS messages whether destined for ACARS FLT NO or FMC FLT NO
-Crew Data Init Request Works again
-If ACARS message is not on page one and you try to go to the next page it no longer shows a blank screen
-When removing ACARS messages if the page is cleared then you are no longer left on an empty page of acars messages
-Selecting < stored downlinks shows an invalid entry rather than not doing anything
-Defect Reporting Pages Added, These save off to Cloudcars
-Added simulation of 'PA IN USE' when seatbelt signs turned off for first time (Cabin service announcement), and when turned on (please fasten seatbelts etc)
-Added debug output of how many messages sent to PSX a sec
-debug.txt now logging any exceptions which occur
-OOOI times now work even when spanning across midnight
-Fuel Remaining now displays LBS correctly if LB selected in Config File
-PDC Request via Hoppie Telex proved to be working correctly
-ACARS messages which are received with more than 24 characters a line are now chopped up by BACARS to ensure they display.  This was seen when testing
Clearences as above, as they get put on one long line.  The message interestingly could still be printed
-Clearences issued by the euroscope plugin are now received and parsed correctly with success/standby/not avail too
-Automatic PDC message now uses FMC flight number/vatsim callsign to maintain consistency
-Defect Rep Menu now returns to acars menu when ACARS prompt selected.

cavaricooper

Gary-

Just downloaded and flighting... thrilled with BACARS already- this is even better!

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

jb747

G-CIVA

Steve Bell
aka The CC

tango4

Hi Gary,
Three very quick questions for you.
Apologies if they've already been answered.

1) Could you confirm that performance data sent by BACARS are for RB211-524G only ?
2) do you plan to add landing performance some day ?
3)do you plan to add take off EPR ?

Thanks a lot for your hard work on that software.

Charles

Gary Oliver

Charles,

Yes for G engines

Landing data and EPR are not part of the ba acars system as far as I am aware ?

Cheers Gary

tango4

Thanks for your answer Gary.
Would you mind confirming that with Peter, especially regarding EPR setting ?
In all performance software that I know of, it always gives you the V Speeds associated with a power setting, especially for reduced power take off. The reason I think is to avoid any gross mistake when inputting the temp.
For example if one day the output of the takeoff perf calculation is 36 degrees and you input 63, you are going to have a much lower thrust setting. If you cross check thrust against a known reference, there is a chance you realise your mistake before it is too late.
Regarding landing data, I just have no idea, but it does seem possible the function was not available in the real one as those computations are less complex than the takeoff ones.

Charlee

DougSnow

I have a BA Perf Manual for the 747, their landing data is table-based and published in the manual for those regular airports the 747 would go to, and no EPR setting in here (2013 manual).

tango4

Thanks for the info, Doug.

By any chance, is there any BA manuals that you would be able to share via PM ?

Don't worry if you can't I know this can be sensitive info.

Charles

Britjet

The latest BA manuals refer to the Next Gen FMC which is now uniform across the fleet, so there will be significant differences between these and PSX.
Peter.

tango4

Thanks for chiming in, Peter.
If you followed my initial question above, do you remember that:

In the Takeoff performance that you received via ACARS, along with the V-Speeds and assumed temp, did it include an EPR setting too ?
And if yes, is this mandatory information to perform a reduced thrust takeoff or is it optional ?

Charles

DougSnow

NextGen FMC??

Does that mean that the BAW 74s may be able to do RNP-AR at some point?

Britjet

Quote from: tango4 on Sat, 25 Feb 2017 13:30
In the Takeoff performance that you received via ACARS, along with the V-Speeds and assumed temp, did it include an EPR setting too ?
And if yes, is this mandatory information to perform a reduced thrust takeoff or is it optional ?
Charles

No - it didn't, and why would it need to?
The EPR is established by the FMC once you put in the assumed temperature or fixed derate as appropriate.
Peter.

tango4

Well, I know that some airlines do provide thrust setting in their take off report and assumed that it was mandatory (obviously I was wrong).
The reason I was given by other pilots is that it was used as a cross-check to avoid big entry mistakes. For example if you are supposed to type 30 assumed temp and you mistakenly type 60, (possibly because you misread on the paper) you might not notice it. But if you have an associated thrust setting you have an additional safety layer. (The probability that you misread BOTH numbers is quite low).

Anyway, thanks for the clarification, much appreciated,  as always !

Charles

tango4

I forgot to mention (although it is probably obvious) that the thrust setting was "for reference" and usually not an exact value, as opposed to assumed temp.
Meaning you are inputting the exact assumed temp as provided in the takeoff perf calculations, then you look at the thrust setting computed by the FMC, and compare it with the figure on your paper. It will probably not be exactly the same but it should be roughly the same. Meaning at this point if there is a big discrepancy you probably made a mistake.

Charles