News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Layout screen Next/Previous keypress?

Started by Tord Hoppe, Sat, 14 Mar 2015 13:11

Tord Hoppe

Hey all,
just to be sure, there are no keyboard shortcuts for next/previous layout screen? I know I can set joystick buttons via the USB assignment view, but for me the USB assignments sometimes go pear shaped when plugging in/out the joystick so I´d prefer to program the stick with the keyboard shortcuts as much as possible.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi.

Quote from: Tord Hoppethere are no keyboard shortcuts for next/previous layout screen?
Correct. Using the keyboard you can select each layout directly with a numerical key.

Tord Hoppe

Yeah, I´m mapping the Layout screen + and - that are found in the USB menu to a hat switch in order to step between the screens, like in Wills tutorial. Since they do not have keyboard equivalents, that I know of, I need to use the USB mapping in PSX. That is no biggie, just that I sometimes need to disconnect the stick and when I reconnect it the mappings are sometimes lost. By programming the stick software with keyboard keys, such as BckSpc for reversers, that doesn´t happen. Again, no big deal, just wanted to be sure I didn´t miss something. :)

cavaricooper

HH-

Is there any capacity to assign a keystroke to at least Cycle Layouts + and Cycle Layouts - ?  When traveling with my MBP, I do not have a Numeric Keypad or joystick, and would love to be able to cycle through the layouts without having to mouse select each.

If possible, would you please consider adding to your workflow?

Thanks!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hardy Heinlin

The keyboard has no more capacity. This is a very special request and would require a lot of fiddle work. How much would you pay for this extra?

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

I was hoping there was capacity, I understand there isn't.  I don't believe I could afford any fiddle work :)

Thanks!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

andmiz

Hi Hardy

Rehashing this thread as it would be useful to have the unused (?) + and - keys to be assigned to cycling layouts.  As someone who uses PSX as a procedural trainer, I don't often use a USB device with it and when on the road, only have my laptop with me without a number pad. 

Hardy Heinlin

The numpad + and - keys are for alternate trim (aisle stand), and the others are all assigned too.

You can also select layouts by clicking the top left corner of the PSX frame to pop up a menu on which you can click layouts directly. You can also do this on Instructor > Layout > Settings. The Instructor can quickly be shown & hidden by the ESC key.

Hope this helps.

|-|ardy

Toga

Hi guys,

There's a simple solution to this if using a mac without a num pad.

https://karabiner-elements.pqrs.org/

Simply download that and it allows you to change what keys do what. I set up two profiles and you can easily switch between them on the menu bar. I have PSX & normal profiles. On the PSX profile i just change the 12345567890 keys to num pad keys 0-9. Works perfectly.

T

JohnH

My keyboard does not have the num keys so I always just selected layout pages from the top left corner drop down. Recently I discovered a program called Touch Portal which I run on my olde iPad 3. You can create buttons and assign all sorts of functions for key presses or logic functions to name a few.

I have created buttons for Will's layout addon and also AP buttons, arm spoiler, flaps, gear to name a few.

You can even assign a button to start an application such as PSX, Bacars, WidePSX.

The base program is free with limits to number of buttons and pages. However for I think it was $12.00 you get more features. Pretty cool program.

John

andmiz

Thanks guys.  That's a huge help 😀