News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

1503 Nav Data

Started by United744, Fri, 13 Mar 2015 05:20

United744

This is bugging me now...

NTAA - official SID/STAR are not in the database
SCEL - some official SID/STAR are not in the database (SABLA1, TILKO1)

Anyone else with the latest nav data finding this?

United744

EDIT: I have the RNAV part of the approach (the approach itself) but not the STAR - TILKO1.

http://www.aipchile.cl/dasa/aip_chile_con_contenido/aipmap/SCEL/SCEL%20STAR14.pdf

Any ideas??? Does the nav data update include latest SIDs/STARs?

double-alpha

Hello' I haven't updated the AIRAC (I still use the old one in PSX), but I confirm I have all SID/STAR (RNAV 22, VOR, ILS 04x, y, z...) for NTAA.

United744

Thanks.

Do you specifically have the STARs SABLA1 and TILKO1?

I think all the runway approaches are present. It's the STARs (and SIDs in the case of NTAA) that were the problem.

andrej

Hello,

I am using the original database that came with PSX. Using quick DEP/ARR selection (6L and 6R keys on DEP/ARR page), NTAA has departure procedures (even RWYs), but there are no options for arrivals.

Departures

Arrivals

Cheers,
Andrej

United744

Strange... What if you enter NTAA as arrival airport on the RTE page first? Does the "normal" ARR page show anything?

andrej

Hello,

so it seems that I was typing faster than CDU could handle. :) User error (I swear that I used the above mentioned procedure correctly, however the title states 'ARRIVALS' not 'NTAA ARRIVALS' as it should).

So corrected (and double checked):

ARRIVALS

[EDIT]

I am using latest version 10.0.3 - Beta 15 (on Win7).

Cheers,
Andrej

Will

Looking at NTAA and comparing a set of paper charts from 9 February 2012 to the arrivals in the PSX FMC (cycle 1503), it looks like everything's there. I don't have any paper charts newer than that for NTAA.
Will /Chicago /USA

United744

@andrej: what about SCEL? The charts there were from March 5th 2015.

@Will: interesting. The official AIP (as far as I could tell) were dated 2009!!! I'll get a link to the charts I used.

andrej

Hello,

running PSX 10.0.3 - Beta 15 (OSX), original NAV database.

for SCEL

DEP

ARR

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Andrej

United744

Intertesting...it wouild seem the SIDs/STARs did get updated then.

The problem is the arrivals as shown in the chart don't exist in the database.  :?

SCEL ARRIVALS:

double-alpha

I have the same DEP/ARR data than andrej for NTAA and SCEL, running PSX 10.0.3 , original NAV database

torrence

For what it's worth:  Getting up to date, legal world-wide charts for PS1/PSX database comparisons has always been tricky (see other posts).  Following site has Jepp charts for SCEL valid thru 23 Jan 2015 which seem to match the SCEL ARRIVALS in Peter's post OK (and my PSX 10.0.3 1503 DEP/ARR SCEL info).

http://www.pentekesti.com/sites/default/files/charts/scel.pdf

For a community flying (virtually) everywhere in the world, the yearly updates for PSX seem to look ok - use paper/pdf charts of other vintages at your discretion  :) .

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

United744

Most, if not all AIP are publicly available from official sources for free.

I linked what appears to be the official chart from the Chilean authorities (dated March 5th 2015, so should match the NAV data). The STAR is not present in the NAV DB, whilst the approach is.

DougSnow

One thing I noticed is that there are RNP AR Approaches in this navdata. I didn't think the 744 was capable of conducting RNP AR.  

For example, the navdata has the RNAV (RNP) Z Rwy 17R at KCOS - encoded as RNZ17R. But when you display the procedure in PLN Mode - the RF arc isn't a perfect arc - like it is when displayed on an ND for an aircraft capable of flying the procedure.

Hardy Heinlin

Please ignore the RNP procedures in the database. Also the piston engine procedures etc. There is no database filter re 744 type capability.

United744

Strange - the FMC appears to be RNAV capable. Is it not???

Hardy Heinlin

It can fly all RNAV legs except for RF legs. Most RNAV legs are not RF legs, so you can fly most RNAV legs anyway.