News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Leo Bodnar Joystick interface

Started by Michel Vandaele, Mon, 2 Mar 2015 17:23

Michel Vandaele

Hello
I'm wondering if the Leo Bodnar Joystick interface boards, needs additional calibration in PSX itself for the 7 detents, as I see nothing more than 'Flaps' in the PSX USB dropdown assignment menu

Many thanks
Michel Vandaele
Michel VANDAELE
Board member  FSCB
EBOS Scenery Designteam
My B744 project
http://users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele/sim1.htm

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

you should enter 50 in the neutral zone for the USB axis that is assigned to "Flaps" from the menu.

50 is used as an hysterisis (flicker-free zone) between the 7 slots.

The axis should provide a range of -1000 to +1000.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Michel Vandaele

Thanks Hardy for the quick info
Michel VANDAELE
Board member  FSCB
EBOS Scenery Designteam
My B744 project
http://users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele/sim1.htm

cavaricooper

Michael:

Did this solve your Flap issue? I too use a Leo Bodnar board and have not had success mapping the Flap axis- resorting to button pushing.

Even when using 50 (in my case -50) in the neutral zone, I still end up with uncommanded flap extensions/retractions.  Puzzling, because Throttles, Reversers and Spoilers work reliably on the same Leo Bodnar card.  Also, because no Flap axis issues are noted with P3D/FSX and FSUIPC.

Let me know how you solved your problem please!

Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

dodiano

I recommend 10 that is what I use on the throttletek throttles.

Hardy Heinlin

Carl,

do you see stable values on the indicator that indicates the raw USB input values from -1000 to +1000?

Or do they fluctuate at random? If so you might try better potentiometers and cables. Or try it on another PSX client.

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Hardy-

Only the flap axis has this issue.... And no fluctuations- I put in fairly decent pots from Digikey.  Will try plugging the console into the MacBook Pro and mapping the flap lever there.... Stumped ATM.

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA