News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VisualPSX issues with P3d v2.5

Started by RB211G, Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:31

RB211G

Hi...I'm having lots of trouble with the latest P3d V2.5. I have posted on a couple of other posts but have had no replies. It is all following a re-install onto a new hard disk of Win7 x64. New P3d V2.5, Latest PSX and VisualPSX. All have worked independently, however on running RunwaysPSX and locating the P3d folder it fails to locate any airpot data.

Actual Status field reads.

Runway data file has not been created.
FSX airport files were not found.
Check that the path is correct and accessible.

I'm stumped... Any ideas?

Garry Richards

Hi,

This query was raised in several posts and replied to in one of them. I do not have P3D but am told that from v 2.5 some folders are in different places from before. RunwaysPSX expects to find them in the same places as in FSX so it fails.

I am working on a fix to overcome this problem.  :)

Cheers,
Garry

JRBarrett

Quote from: Garry RichardsHi,

This query was raised in several posts and replied to in one of them. I do not have P3D but am told that from v 2.5 some folders are in different places from before. RunwaysPSX expects to find them in the same places as in FSX so it fails.

I am working on a fix to overcome this problem.  :)

Cheers,

Interestingly, I just installed the latest version of VisualPSX on my new P3D 2.5 system, and when I pointed RunwaysPSX at the P3D root directory, it ran just fine and compiled the database as it does on FSX. There is NO scenery.cfg in the P3D main directory (as per design) - only in the ProgramData\\LockheedMartin etc. folder, and yet RunwaysPSX did find all my airports.

In fact, I found find the the VisualPSX/TrafficPSX combo works even better running with P3D 2.5 than it did with FSX - the aircraft motion is smoother, and I see no adverse effect on PSX, even running everything on one computer. I found in FSX, when flying into areas of highly detailed scenery, the the PSX refresh rate would suffer. This is probably due to the fact that P3D offloads a lot of its graphics processing from the CPU to the GPU.

Garry Richards

That's good news. I shall have to obtain a copy of P3D to find out exactly what I do and don't need to do to optimise the performance of VisualPSX with it. Looks like that may be less work than I expected. Yippee!

There is still a problem with RunwaysPSX not finding some addon airports, even with FSX. That's the fix I am working on currently.
Garry

JRBarrett

Quote from: Garry RichardsThat's good news. I shall have to obtain a copy of P3D to find out exactly what I do and don't need to do to optimise the performance of VisualPSX with it. Looks like that may be less work than I expected. Yippee!

There is still a problem with RunwaysPSX not finding some addon airports, even with FSX. That's the fix I am working on currently.

The other thing I noted is that VisualPSX IS using the latest version of the P3D simconnect, (2.5)  accoding to the status screen within VisualPSX after it establishes a connection to P3D.