News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2015

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Sat, 21 Feb 2015 01:13

Hardy Heinlin

Note: This is an outdated thread; here is the 2019 thread:
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=5157.0

Good morning,

PSX's data supplier is Navtech, Inc. -- Precision Simulator has been, and will be, used by professional customers like universities, schools, airlines etc. For this reason, Navigraph and Aerosoft cannot provide data to PSX as they are not authorized by their suppliers to sell data to professional customers, especially not at entertainment mass market prices. Therefore this service here is independent of the others, and the plan is to provide a database update to PSX users once per year (using the March cycle) to keep the costs as low as possible.

Here's the latest update. It can be downloaded only, and is available at these international retailers:

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Hyway Australia

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Aviation Megastore

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Aerosoft USA

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Aerosoft Germany

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2018 at Simware Belgium

The database is used by the following components in Precision Simulator:
- Flight Management System
- EGPWS landing-short-of-runway alert (TCF)
- Navaid stations and receivers
- Airport communication radios and receivers
- Voice-ATC and CPDLC simulation
- Voice-ATIS and D-ATIS
- METAR management
- Instructor maps
- Instructor Analysis pages
- Instructor aircraft repositioning tools
- Scenery generator (runways, gates, airport beacons)

System requirement:
Precision Simulator update patch 10.0.2 or higher: the latest patch can be downloaded free of charge.

Database installation:
Don't unzip the downloaded file. Just copy the zip file to the (empty) subfolder Aerowinx/Navigation/-New and restart Precision Simulator. That's all.
The AIRAC cycle number is displayed under About/Quit (refer to page 93 of the manual). If you use multiple computers in a local Precision Simulator network, install the file in the same way also on those computers. With one purchased download you are allowed to use up to four database copies within your local network.

Note: The selectable dates on the IDENT page of the FMS vary with the situational, simulated time of the year (refer to page 346); the date selection is intended for FMS training only, and doesn't refer to the physically installed cycle.

Thank you for your interest!

Regards,

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just as you think it's quiet.

400guy

Unless I'm missing something (which is not unlikely >) the links, except for the top one lead to the purchases of the full simulator and not the nav update !

Robert Staudinger

Downloaded, very neat install.

Thank you Hardy,

Robert

tango4

Same question as 400guy here !
And another question, could you confirm it is cycle 1503 (which will be current on March 5th) ?

Charles

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

The Dutch one points at the actual database download; the others not (yet?).

Robert Staudinger

Hi Charles,

it is cycle 1503.

Robert

tango4

Keith Maton

Ordered and now waiting for the download link.  Thanks Hardy.

/edit - Received two minutes later (it dropped into my Junk folder).

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Jeroen HoppenbrouwersThe Dutch one points at the actual database download; the others not (yet?).
Probably on Monday.

brian747

I just ordered at Aviation Megastore: the reply included this sentence —

"Mind that payments on Sundays and public holidays will be processed on the following day."

I reluctantly resolved to wait until tomorrow, but I happened to open my emails again ten minutes later and discovered the link to the download. Presumably, downloads get processed automatically, in spite of the warning.

The download link also included this information, which is demonstrably incorrect —

"There is also the product key to be found, necessary to unlock the programme."

Following Hardy's instructions results in a very brief pause whilst starting PSX during which the splash screen announces that it is installing the new data, and that's it: surely one of the easiest updates ever (with no product key needed). Thank you, Hardy!    :D

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Grebleem

Great News!!!

It works great, also the new Oceanic entry/exit points (like EMBOK and CLAVY) are now included.

Cheers,
Bastiaan

nobody

A question concerning the new and (old) database: There are no gates in the old and new database for KORD. Does anyone know the reason for that?

cdpohl

I've been told by Aerosoft Germany that they do not offer the Nav Database update by Navtech.

Phil Bunch

Quote from: cdpohlI've been told by Aerosoft Germany that they do not offer the Nav Database update by Navtech.
I couldn't find it at Aerosoft USA...perhaps they are delayed with respect to selling the new release?
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: nobodyA question concerning the new and (old) database: There are no gates in the old and new database for KORD. Does anyone know the reason for that?
For most US airports the database has no gates. It might have something to do with the introduction of GPS some years ago, i.e. using GPS coords instead of gate coords for IRS alignment position init. Although the gate database is actually intended for use on the FMC POS INIT page, it is used in PSX also for some visual tricks in the "scenery".

QuoteI've been told by Aerosoft Germany that they do not offer the Nav Database update by Navtech.
The person you asked was probably misunderstanding you, and not completely informed yet. This product does not belong to Aerosoft's nav data which, in fact, does not use Navtech. This product is called Aerowinx Nav Database Update.

I don't know why it's delayed. Just give them a few more days. It's cycle 1503 anyway.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

744kid

Apologies for what may be a dumb question but should the AIRAC cycle number displayed under About/Quit say "cycle 1503"? I've followed the installation instructions but it still shows "cycle 1403".

744kid

Hardy Heinlin

It should show "1503". What have you done?

744kid

Something wrong, I guess!

I downloaded the file on my Mac, though it appeared in my download folder as a folder, not a zip file. I first dropped that into Navigation/-New but that did nothing.

I removed the folder and compressed the folder into a zip file called nav1503.zip and dropped it back into Navigation/-New. On running PSX, I got the installing files message and the file then moves to Navigation/-Old. However, when I check About/Quit it still says cycle 1403.

744kid

I should add that it doesn't download as nav1503.zip. It arrives as a folder called "Navigation"