News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Wind on Take Off

Started by Skybird, Fri, 20 Feb 2015 13:25

cagarini

Peter, in the Weather Screen make sure you set Microburst Random prob to 0% and in the Dir var use 000 too.

I've set mine for LPPT 03 to Dir: 310, Speed 38 Gusting 42

Raj Hoonjan

Quote from: BritjetHi Hardy

Sorry but I can't get a crosswind on take-off.
I have the airport (EINN 24) focussed in green, wind 330/25 but can't get the crosswind to come in on the take-off roll or just after airborne - it gradually changes to 330/25 by the time I get to 1000ft.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here? It's got me foxed..

Peter

Hi Peter,

That is strange.

I roll down the runway with a crosswind and get a noticeable roll, which I counter with the appropriate aeilron input.

I will experiment further with crosswinds tomorrow.

Kind regards
Raj

What jcomm has suggested sounds plausible.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: BritjetI have the airport (EINN 24) focussed in green, wind 330/25 but can't get the crosswind to come in on the take-off roll or just after airborne - it gradually changes to 330/25 by the time I get to 1000ft.
Hi Peter,

do you expect to see the numbers "330/25" on the ND and PROG2/3 before you lift off from runway 24?

How should the avionics know that the wind is coming from the right when aircraft track and heading are nearly the same?

You should notice the crosswind in the aerodynamical aircraft behaviour. You need rudder and aileron inputs to keep the aircraft on the runway.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Britjet

Hi guys,

Yes, I know there won't be a readout until you get airborne.
I seem to have everything else in place as you suggest.
Will try again if I get time today (I have a plane to catch).

Peter

Skybird

Hello Hardy,
I did try the 10.0.3 today.
For me, it looks definitely more realistic during the T.O. roll (with x-wind)
At lift off, we must be in a sideslip with crossed controls: ideally, just after lift off, by gently neutralizing the control wheel and rudder, the aircraft should take the "drift' almost by himself...
Even if it's not easy to achieve this goal here (my control wheel/rudder are not as precise as the onboard ones), I think that PSX is now closer to the real aircraft.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: SkybirdHello Hardy,
I did try the 10.0.3 today.
For me, it looks definitely more realistic during the T.O. roll (with x-wind)
At lift off, we must be in a sideslip with crossed controls: ideally, just after lift off, by gently neutralizing the control wheel and rudder, the aircraft should take the "drift' almost by himself...
Even if it's not easy to achieve this goal here (my control wheel/rudder are not as precise as the onboard ones), I think that PSX is now closer to the real aircraft.
Hi,

glad to hear.

Do you guys think there is too much inertia after lift-off regarding the drift angle? Should the aircraft reach the target drift angle faster? I think, if it was faster, it would feel like Cessna 172.

By the way, I just modified the ground effect:
http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2637

Cheers,

|-|ardy