News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Banded Circuit Breakers

Started by Will, Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:07

Will

Hi Hardy,

Can we decide on our own which circuit breakers will be banded?   ;)
Will /Chicago /USA

Qavion

Yes. However, you're restricted to certain colours.

Red is reserved for CB lockout.
Blue and Yellow caps are for making certain CB's easier to identify.

Cheers.
Q>

Will

Will /Chicago /USA

Hardy Heinlin

The mouse cursor changes when it's near a CB. By clicking you can cycle through the colors.

The red one can be applied only when the CB is pulled.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Will

My thoughts: Unbelievable.  I'm very impressed.  (Soon people will be asking to check the pressure on the portable fire extinguisher, or the level of coffee in the aft galley, and you'll post a screenshot saying you've not only already considered that, but it's implemented and running at 150 fps.)

But more importantly, the flight simulation world has been stagnant for almost 15 years.  (Is that an exaggeration?)  When Microsoft FS got big, even though it wasn't the only game in town, it still seemed to dominate the way people thought about simming.  This, Hardy, looks like you and the team aren't just building a good simulator, you're providing the community with an entirely new way to thing about simulations.  To which I say, bravo.
Will /Chicago /USA

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you! :-)

I just hope the whole thing won't break apart when it's finished ...

It's still a very risky project.

Peter Lang

Quote from: Will CronenwettBut more importantly, the flight simulation world has been stagnant for almost 15 years.  (Is that an exaggeration?)  When Microsoft FS got big, even though it wasn't the only game in town, it still seemed to dominate the way people thought about simming.  This, Hardy, looks like you and the team aren't just building a good simulator, you're providing the community with an entirely new way to thing about simulations.  To which I say, bravo.

normally there is nothing more to say. But...

@ Hardy

I can imagine your consideration about eventualities.

From my own experience - and therefore I quote myself from a former post - I only can repeat  that PS1 is and was the one and only flight simulation programm which helped me to improve my real flying skills, that only cover single props. And this a long time with only one computer on my desk, with DOS resolution and no peripheral equipment except a joystick. I mention it because I always had the feeling, when flying the MS cessna this was not good for my real skills. It is a toy, nothing more.

Even my home cockpit setup which still only consits of the MIP and the throttles with MS and PM software cannot bring the feeling of the right thing. PMDG 744 does it a little bit. But due to the known limitations it also cannot reach PS1.

The tons of details included in your software which are noticed unconcious make the difference.

Therefore I believe, that a lot of people will highly appreciate PSX, as they can see and feel the value of whats inside, the quality, the precision and the passion for implementing this. This is rare nowadays. For many of us (hobby pilots and professionals) a dream will come true. Its incredible.

Keep up your outstanding work and be proud of it.

Peter
(still looking at your latest screenshot and biting in my desk)

Mariano

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinI just hope the whole thing won't break apart when it's finished ...

It's still a very risky project.

I would buy the broken project without a second thought. As simple as that.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

The higher the expectation, the bigger the frustration potential :-)

Walter Kranl

Just wonderful, Hardy!

Can't imagine, how this will look on a 30" monitor.

Walter

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Three 30" monitors   :mrgreen:

Walter Kranl

Three 30" monitors =  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I assume the lower part of the ND is for the EGPWS, right?

Walter

Shiv Mathur

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinThe higher the expectation, the bigger the frustration potential :-)

Yes, we must be putting unbearable pressure on you, Hardy.

Take it easy, and hey ... no rush !!

Shiv

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Walter KranlI assume the lower part of the ND is for the EGPWS, right?
The EGPWS terrain display uses the same ND area as the WXR radar. Both cannot be used at the same time on one ND, but one pilot can use the TERR mode, the other pilot the WXR mode. In fact, EGPWS uses the same databus as the WXR images, it's being redrawn sweep by sweep. (The sweep cannot be seen on a static screenshot).

Ciao,

|-|ardy

Hardy Heinlin

"Fresh from the workbench" means: high probability of fresh mistakes :-) On that EGPWS shot you see a classical error: I confused feet with meters. There should be much more red on that ND.

!-i

Walter Kranl

Thanks Hardy. I think I confused it with a terrain profile display (I don't know, if this is the exact name for it and if newer 744s are equipped with that).

Walter

Hardy Heinlin

Error corrected: Color separation now in feet instead of meters :-)

Here's Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Warning mechanism is not implemented yet, just color separation according to relative altitude. The EGPWS uses color dot patterns with certain dot densities. In PSX the dot density is a bit coarser than the real thing in order to avoid Moiré patterns and to save graphic power.

Aloha,

|-|ardy

Hardy Heinlin

I'm still thinking about using solid colors in different brightness levels instead of dot patterns in different dot densities. In either case it's a compromise.

James Lacey

Hardy - pardon me if the question has been asked before but what are the yellow and green icons in the top left of the screen?

It looks magnificent - at WF09 I was almost tempted to attach electrodes to various parts of Matt's anatomy in an effort to obtain further top secret information about PSX  ;)

Hardy Heinlin

It has not been asked before, Tele man.

MOTION: Motion frozen, systems running
PAUSED: All paused

The other one indicates pedal and yoke positions.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

OK, Rickenbacker man. You change your avatars quickly :-)