News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Hello Guys! Few Questions

Started by rptech, Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:58

rptech

Hey Guys,

My name is Ross and i'm looking to build a virtual 747 cockpit utilising the X-Plane 10 for graphics.

Now last year i was looking to build a full 737 sim but due a small wage decrease and careful consideration id think it would be better for me to build a virtual sim around PSX because i feel the novelty of a real sim would diminish over time and in the processes it would not involve spending over £35,000.

Now my intent is to run PSX on two 23.5" 1920x1080 (Asus VS239H) Displays and a 48" 1080P TV mounted on the wall above monitors for x-plane visuals.

Can you tell me if PSX will display the vatsim / ivao  traffic & weather fully work on the ND within PSX.

And what is the best way to run things. Should i run x-plane and PSX on the same computer or should i build a smallish computer for PSX Suite?

New Computer as of August 2014
CPU: i7 4790K 4.0GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 2100MHz
Mobo: MSI z97M Gaming
GFX: 2GB GTX 660 FTW ACX.

Looking to run things similar to this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWDC9H_jzzw

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ross

raex-flight

Hey,

i am running psx on 3x 1920x1200 screen together with xplane on one machine and it works quite nicely. This is powered by a 4.6 ghz overlocked i5 of the ivy generation. so your setup will work well too.

even my old x60 tablet with a core duo @ 1.83 ghz (build '07 i think) can handle psx alone well and is used as a fmc - or is it cdu? i am always confused.

If you have a laptop, old desktop running psx on this together with the tfts and on the seperate machine only xplane will be quite sutnning i suppose - because you can run xplane on higher settings.

john

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

:-)

The (Multipurpose) Control and Display Units are, well, that: control and display units. They are dumb terminal heads, combinations of keyboard and monitor. In normal ops they don't do anything else.

The Flight Management Computers are, well, that: headless computers that sit somewhere below deck and buzz around adding numbers and sequencing waypoints. One of these two drives the terminal heads in the cockpit so that pilots can see the buzzing and number crunching, and can actually input new data.

PSX contains both the FMCs and the MCDUs. However you will never see an FMC -- PSX does not contain a visual representation of the main equipment center below deck. You see the MCDUs, and if you select the

Hoppie

OmniAtlas

Quote from: rptechHey Guys,

Can you tell me if PSX will display the vatsim / ivao  traffic & weather fully work on the ND within PSX.

Looking to run things similar to this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWDC9H_jzzw

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ross

Hi Ross,

I have trouble displaying XP10 traffic on the ND with PSX -- others don't seem to have this issue, so it might be an isolated case. Please see this thread -- http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2614

You have a beefy computer -- in that video I am running a 2500k processor on a Nvidia 970.

I have 3 instances of PSX running at the same time (center MIP, F/O side MIP, and OVH/Throttle). PSX runs on the same computer as XP10.

raex-flight

Thanks Hoppie :)

I have to spend some more time with the great manual.

john ;)

rptech

Hey Guys,

Going to buy a cheap 50" full hd display for xplane graphics.

Thanks for the info guys. Very mucb appreciated.

Cheers

Ross