News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FMC Printer

Started by nobody, Sun, 15 Feb 2015 16:07

nobody

It would be nice to link the PSX printer to a real world printer, so when hitting PRINT on the FMC you get a real peace of paper instead of the virtual one. IsnĀ“t that a nice idea for the next update?

JP59

Hello,

If you have good luck, Adapt PSX is doing the job you ask. In my case and some other people here, it isn't working. It will be a good idea to add the functionality direct into PSX. +1 !

Hardy Heinlin

That's not on my plan. Sorry!

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Printer support still is very platform-dependent. A Java program that really supports Windows, Linux, and Mac printers would be quite a thing. Remember that my ACARS never really supported a printer... and that was just on Windows. That was for a reason...

Hoppie

nobody

OK, so it is a Java issue... still, it would be a neat Feature :-)

Pierre Theillere

Hi nobody and Hoppie!

Yep, that printing issue is one of the 2 reasons why my flight deck will (forever) need a Windows system:
- my (serial) ticketing printer only has drivers for Windows.
- my (serial) Safeline jet console only has Windows keyboard emulating software.
On old computer under Windows XP handles all those fully fine...
For now, I sometimes also use another Windows PC for handling X-Plane visuals... but it will be replaced by a Mac OSX computer, as soon as XView get ported there. Mike (aka "mikeindevon") is working hard for that!
Pierre, LFPG

JP59

Salut Pierre,

Do you use a Windows computer for printing with Adapt PSX ? What version of windows is it ? You only use serial printers ? Never try USB printers with Adapt ? I cannot make it working neither with 7 nor Vista. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pierre Theillere

Hi Jean-Philippe,

The computer running AdaptPSX is under Windows XP SP3, and I use a "USB to serial" adapter, as the computer doesn't have any serial port. There's a driver for that adapter, that creates a virtual COM port.
Yep, it's the only printer I have (I got it more than 10 years ago, specially for ACARS... but in fact I didn't really use it with the good old PS13) and at that time it only existed in serial port. It's a TM88-II (something like that, I'm not at home) from EPSON, that "prints" (on paper rolls) using a heating process, like the cash printers at the supermarket: it's super-fast, and even able to cut the paper at the end of the page automagically, but with AdaptPSX I have to tear it off manually.
Of course, I have to install a driver for that printer, so that it's handled fully fine by Windows, and enables the printer to appear into VisualPSx' dropdown printer selection list.
Pierre, LFPG

JP59

Thanks for the informations Pierre. I'll give it a try with an XP computer. Maybe Adapt PSX doesn't like 7 or Vista...

Hessel Oosten

Is it worth a trial, to run AdaptPSX in WIN XP compatibility mode ?

H.

JP59

I tried yesterday with an XP computer, still not printing.