News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Training videos

Started by Britjet, Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:23

nghtflght

Hi Peter,
First of all, thanks so much for all your incredibly helpful training sessions! 

I notice that you have mentioned in the past that you have upcoming time in the sims and will verify how the aircraft behaves/performs on the back of a forum question.  I was assuming you were talking about the BA sims (apologies if I am wrong here) but I had a question for your if that was indeed the case.  I am planning on doing 2 hours in a BA 747-400 sim as part of the Sim Experience they offer and wanted to make the best use of my time.  Is it possible that you could provide your direct contact details and I could ask you a couple quick questions on how best to utilize my time? 

Thanks in advance for your help.  Regards,
n.

Britjet

Hi n,
Thanks for the kind comments.
You are correct. It is the BA sims and I am one of the Sim Experience instructors - in fact the only one who has flown the 747, I think.
You can contact me on p dot ward3 at btinternet.com.
See if you can arrange a slot with me?

Peter

Britjet

New video uploaded..
"Low Visibility Operations".

Please go to page 1 of this thread for the full listing...

I hope you find it informative..:-)

Peter

Phil Bunch

I'm finding that the current list of videos now consists of "Preflight 1" and "Preflight 2", when I click on the link you just provided.

If I go back to the first post on Page 1 of this thread, the links to all of your training videos are listed and work normally, including the Preflight videos from 2 years ago that I describe in the previous paragraph.

I am Subscribed to your videos through Youtube, if that is of any help.

I am using the Chrome browser, fully updated to the latest release.  I don't have addons or extensions for Chrome other than a few ad blockers.  I get the same result when using Internet Explorer as the web browser, and my installation of IE does not have any add-ons, extensions, plugins, etc.

I don't know enough about how Youtube works to be able to help.  If you would like me to post some screen copies of the Youtube listings, just let me know.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Britjet

Thanks Phil,
I'm not sure what happened there.
I have amended my post to direct folks to the original page.
Peter

andrej

Phil,

if you are referring to the YouTube list, then Peter only made two videos public. Other videos will not link in the suggested playlist on the right side. These are private.

Is that what you mean?

EDIT:

Peter, thanks again for once more excellent video! I have missed your production. :)

Cheers,
Andrej

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you, Peter, for another very informative video. It's also interesting what you said about BA's round RA dial. I have always wondered how BA pilots set the RA minimum when the dial replaces the digits below 1000. -- OK, so they just don't change it in such a case. (If I were in the designer team I would suggest to have the EFIS redisplay the normal digits for 2 seconds whenever the "minimums" knob is turned.)

Regards,

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Peter-

Nice to have you back, ta!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Phil Bunch

Quote from: andrej on Fri, 20 Oct 2017 18:50
Phil,

if you are referring to the YouTube list, then Peter only made two videos public. Other videos will not link in the suggested playlist on the right side. These are private.

Is that what you mean?

EDIT:

Peter, thanks again for once more excellent video! I have missed your production. :)

Cheers,

Thanks for your comments and reply.

My concern was that the *newest* video was not shown when using the new link initially provided today.  Only the 2-year-old "Preflight 1" and "Preflight 2" videos were shown after the new link was clicked. 

I believe that I understand the need to make these videos "non-public" and "unlisted", and this does not cause any issues for me. 

Peter now continues to make all of his videos visible in one very convenient list (see page 1 of this thread) as we are familiar with.  With Peter's established system, the newest video is always linked at the bottom of the list on Page 1.  I personally find this system to be very easy to use. 

My guess/suspicion is that there are bugs in Youtube's software, but I have no evidence to convert my guess into a theory.

----------------

Peter - thank you so much for these very informative and most interesting training videos.  They are invaluable for the PSX community.  We are deeply indebted to you for these training masterpieces!

Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Britjet

Thanks, guys!
The golf clubs are back in the garage now for the Winter so I hope to produce more videos in due course..
Peter

double-alpha

Britjet

It is now only 2 weeks to WorldFlight around the world in 7 days for charity and we are busy at Simfest preparing..
My job is to ensure that our team operates as safely and professionally as we can - but the route will throw up some challenges!
Here is one example that I have been "testing".
Flying a 747 into Paro in Bhutan was never going to be easy..
Enjoy...;-)

https://youtu.be/7LBNu_iaR88

Peter

emerydc8

Nice landing, Peter. Looks like the departure out of there would be equally difficult if you have any significant load, especially an E/O departure.

Jon

Jeroen D

Nice one Peter. I had the pleasure of doing this one for real, admittedly as a passenger. Still very spectacular!.
Love your scenery.

Jeroen

Will

Will /Chicago /USA

martin

Niiice! Also proves that monasteries do have a place in the modern world...   ???

Cheers,
Martin

cagarini

Wow!

Tempts me to actually add that scenery to my recent P3Dv4.1 1 month test install ...

Thx for sharing Peter!

Britjet

Here is a companion video for the other runway 33 at Paro CQPR, with some PSX overlay.
It is intended for the WorldFlight crews next month - not very professional but I hope you find it fun!

Peter
https://youtu.be/Wv913D0ryF4

Hardy Heinlin

jtsjc1

That was a great video Peter thank you! Looks like you were going to do some tree trimming.
Joe