News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Training videos

Started by Britjet, Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:23

Britjet

New video uploaded - Non-Normal 2 - the QRH.

Enjoy!

Peter

B747-400

One more time: thanks a lot for your excellent videos!
I enjoy all of them and the way you are presenting!   :D

BR Hans

Britjet

Thank you, Hans!

Peter

Michel Vandaele

Hi Britjet ;)   Great video's,  really very interesting tutorials.
Will be great to see your video about the North Atlantic Crossings .
Thank you so much for helping the PSX'ers to operate their Queens as it should be done.
B. Rgds
Michel
Michel VANDAELE
Board member  FSCB
EBOS Scenery Designteam
My B744 project
http://users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele/sim1.htm

Kabbers

Hi Peter, cheers very much for the latest QRH training video. You're opening out new dimensions to PSX and the simulation experience, I really am grateful to you for sharing so much Peter, dear flight friend :)

I laughed out loud in recognition when you started out in the latest training, and advised that nobody panic when a failure arrives... : ) the urge to do something instantly, or hit the Pause button so I can try to work out for 20 minutes what to do (!) is  humongous! (Nothing wrong with Pausing in my virtual flying experiences of course, but practising instead to deal with things in real time is my next goal.)

Ta Peter also for sharing the time to travel through each section of that QRH. It's a bit of a beast for the uninitiated like me, so having each section demystified and contextualised like you do, totally helps me build familiarity and a working relationship with the QRH.

I'm still sometimes having trouble deciphering some of the non-normal procedures. I'm guessing that's what more practising will bring... I think simply that there's some part of my psyche that would like to see a "well done, everything's fine now" message appearing on the EICAS or something at the end of a procedure, which is a nonsense of course... kinda strange feeling though wondering if the steps taken have done the job without some reassuring green light. It's not a game in that way of course.

Looking forward to the next lesson... cheers. Been enjoying going back and learning more from earlier lessons as well - I seem to learn more every time I watch every video,

cheeeeeers Peter!

with great 2016 wishes,
Kabbers X

Britjet

Thanks Kabbers!

I will get the human factors video out soon - I promise!

Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: 744 on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 20:17
|-|ardy

Thanks for the quick reply. It's an item in my next company check. It's a popular sim scenario failure as minima below CAT IIIA is not approved, auto brake system inoperative etc...and would require a G/A to check the Inflight Performance section of the QRH.

Personally (IMO) it would be a great addition to the Instructors malfunction page.

Thank you for the program, its very much appreciated every 6 months!

Regards

Steve.

Antiskid faults can now be programmed on the malfunctions page in PSX 10.0.7-beta12:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=3388.0

(Item 0.7.0055.)

Regards,

|-|ardy

Britjet

New video uploaded. Go to page 1 of this thread for the link.
"Non-Normal 3 - Human Factors"

I hope to have some specific multi-crew videos for you using Gary Oliver's incredible 747 sim in the near future
We are working on it!

Enjoy..

Peter

cavaricooper

Peter-

Thanks, as ever. The advice to "sit on hands" is well taken, as all too often haste early on, makes waste. I learn something from every one of your videos, every time I re-watch them :).

Eagerly awaiting insight into Gary's sim and the multi-crew CRM videos.  Please remember to focus on BACARS and PSXNET...  if time allows....

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

evaamo

Thank you, Peter. Great addition. Looking forward to your videos using Gary's sim. Just please don't include Benny in them ;-).

Also, please don't forget to work on the "Oceanic Procedures" video when you get a chance!

cheers from MMMX!
-E   

Enrique Vaamonde

lentik

Many thanks Peter ! 😀

emerydc8

Excellent video, Peter! The ending reminded me of one of the videos they showed us back in the '90's when CRM was all the rage. https://vimeo.com/33088456

Jon D.

Britjet

Thanks guys,

@Carl. BAACARS is still evolving so I think I will try and get Gary to run a specific video when he is happy with it. He keeps tinkering!

@Evaamo - to be honest I don't know now if the Oceanic video will happen. Procedures and datalink techniques change quite rapidly in this field and anything I produce would be superseded quickly, but I haven't forgotten. I am now 2 years out of date already!

In the meantime I have some other ideas for videos which might prove attractive. They are listed on page 1.

And where would we be without Benny?

Peter

asboyd

I guess for those of us in places like Australia and New Zealand the Oceanic procedures would be a great addition to realism in using PSX for intercontinental flights. I am always flying to Singapore then UK or France from YSSY...
Thx Peter great tutorials....

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Flex

Peter,

Many thanks for these amazing videos, I'm learning a lot! Looking forward to the next lot of topics as you've mentioned. Are there plans to replicate some of this material in Gary's sim, much like the pre-flight vids?
Again many thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Cheers,

Felix.

JP59

Hello Peter,

I practice training according with your videos but I use PW engines. I noticed my EPR is always less than given in your videos for the RB211's (same weight, same flaps setting). My question is : is there an easy way to calculate the PW's EPR required for the same "effect" as the RB211 given EPR ?

Cheers,

Hardy Heinlin

Hi JP,

I can answer this question promptly :-)

There is no easy way.

It's like trying to translate Chinese language to Swahili by 100 lines of C++ code. No way.

Regards,

|-|ardy

JP59

Thanks Hardy. I'll adapt and modify Peter's EPR values according with my own PW settings.

Cheers,

torrence

Hi JP

I think that ought to work with out too much trouble.

Just a tip from what I understand from Peter's course of instruction - the key point is probably not having a complete EPR translation from one engine type to the other, but identifying the key points in flight for which you want to have what Peter terms "a datum" - e.g. the segments of the Circuits video - and recording what EPR gives the same result for your selected engine type.  As noted in the videos you have to modify these somewhat for the particular set of parameters for any given flight anyway. 

Note that as far as I can see after trying different engine types, the technique of using the FPV for visual landings works fine for any engine as long as approach/landing power is set correctly.

Cheers,
Torrence

Cheers
Torrence

Avi

JP,

For the Circuit videos you may want to read my replay (#204) in page 9. You may find it helpful.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG