News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Training videos

Started by Britjet, Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:23

nawarren

Hi Peter,

Many thanks, great to see how the pro's do it! Really looking forward to seeing more of your work. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing it with us. Will have a go myself when i get the time.

Cheers

Neil

Jeroen D

Hi Peter,
Great tutorial! Much appreciated!
Jeroen

Pierre Theillere

Hi Britjet!

Quite a nice video, with X-Plane's visuals! I'm not a real B744 driver, but the workload seems quite a lot for that, doesn't it?
I have another way of dealing with that: just switch everything off, and go on fully by hand... of course, if weather permits!
Here it is: http://perso.numericable.com/pierre.theillere/EDDF-Sidestep.mp4
Pierre, LFPG

Britjet

Nicely done Pierre!
Of course you can do it manually! (How were you going to fly the instrument missed approach for the new runway by the way? )

it's not X-Plane visuals, by the way - it's P3D.

Cheers,

Peter

cagarini

Quote from: Britjetit's not X-Plane visuals, by the way - it's P3D.

I was thinking about that myself yesterday, as I was driving home :-)

It looked as XP10, and I did use XP10 initially but have moved 100% ( again ) to FSX, now SE.

But I thought to myself that it might be FSX with ORBX FTX Global, but the scenery and autogen sliders turned practically all the way down ( the airport appears to be a freeware or payware version ? ). This is indeed the best option. We can't expect to have it all, at least me running it all in an i5 with a 1GB GTX 650 Ti...

JP59

Great video, very professional. I like it ! Congratulations.

Britjet

Another video just posted on the subject of the THRUST LIM page, with an insight into a new add-on under development by GAZUK called BACARS.
This will have a number of very useful functions which I will leave for GAZUK to explain when it is finally released. Please note that the take-off performance calculation section will require you to have a copy of TOPCAT for it to function.

More videos coming soon ( what else would I do with my retirement? It's too cold here for golf!).

"Enjoy"

Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Thanks again, Peter.

If you don't mind, I'll link this thread here with the page below under "Tutorials":

http://aerowinx.com/html/misc.html

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Britjet

Thanks Hardy..

Peter

Hessel Oosten

[size=8]
QuoteMore videos coming soon ( what else would I do with my retirement? It's too cold here for golf!).
[/size]

Hmmm..., hoping for a looooong and cooooold  winter... :D.

Thanks !

Hessel

Britjet

New video on "Take Off Ref" uploaded.

The next will be on Go-Arounds - should be a little more exciting!

Peter

Frans Spruit

Hi Peter,

Super, thank you.

Regards,

Frans

J D ADAM

Hi Peter,  I cannot thank you enough for these videos. I had always felt that I desperately needed actual tuition to really understand the true workings of the "Queen"

[size=8]
QuoteMore videos coming soon ( what else would I do with my retirement? It's too cold here for golf!).
[/size]

Last week I collapsed on the golf course. Temp 30 degrees, high humidity, low BP and lack of food. My playing partners thought I had gone, and had called for a defibrallator . Had only fainted because I was losing money at that stage and thought it was one way to save cash :roll:

Cheers and many many thanks to you and of course Hardy for great productions.

Derek

Britjet

Kind words Derek, thanks for that. Hopefully no more fainting. I am envious about the golf...

Peter.

Britjet

Incidentally, it has been pointed out that my BA "model" was selected for an ""ER" type.
Not correct - sorry about that - it should have been a "Normal"..

Cheers,

Peter

Hessel Oosten

Peter,

In your "Derate video"  the EPR before the procedure is 1,70.

With TO 10 % it shows 1,63; 10 % would be 1.53.
With TO 20 % it shows 1.56; 20 % would be 1.36.

Does this imply a non-linear relationship between EPR and thrust
and is the percentage here so real thrust reduction and -not- EPR reduction,
or is there a totally different interpretation ?

Hessel

p.s.
Learned new pronounciations, I wasn't aware off. Did it years wrong !
FLCH not als Flight Level Change, but phonetic as "Fletch".
EPR not as E.P.R. but as "Eper".

Gary Oliver

Hessel,

I am becoming even more British watching these and shall be trying to fit "Seriously Soggy" in to every day conversation :mrgreen:

Cheers
Gary

Britjet

Hi Hessel.

Well spotted on the ATM derate! I deliberately glossed over that as I know it doesn't tie in.
Hardy is aware and we are looking at a possible resolution, which may or may not be possible, or even appropriate.. He has used other airline's data and they differ on the derate for some reason.

If you would like to achieve the full 25% reduction (which is a very comfortable and realistic climbout at most weights) you can do the "double-derate" method, using a fixed derate of 20% and then adding a small temperature increment until you get the mathematical 25% off the max EPR.

The percentage reduction is take off the figure after the decimal in this case "70" so 10% would give you 1.63, 20% would give 1.56.

"FLITCH" - or Flight level Change - FLITCH is quicker!

and yes, - "soggy" LOL

Peter

DavidP

Peter,

Just another big thanks for your videos, great information for us "wannabe" B747 pilots!

Rgds
David

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: BritjetHi Hessel.

Well spotted on the ATM derate! I deliberately glossed over that as I know it doesn't tie in.
Hardy is aware and we are looking at a possible resolution, ...
Hi Peter,

last time we emailed, -20% from 1.56 doesn't make 1.36 as Hessel suggests, but 1.45 :-)

The results in PSX should be correct now since beta 8.

If Hessel's formula was right, 100% reduced from 1.56 would be 0.56, but that's reverse thrust actually, and not zero thrust. Zero thrust at zero Mach is 1.00 EPR.

I'm sure you agree: When 1.00 EPR produces zero thrust, the value after the decimal ist the actual thrust value. E.g. when we have 1.43, the % factor needs to be applied to the value 43. E.g. 10% of 43 is 4.3. E.g. 1.43 - 10% = 1.43 - 0.043 = 1.387 EPR.

:-) OK, I see you agree:
Quote from: BritjetThe percentage reduction is take off the figure after the decimal in this case "70" so 10% would give you 1.63, 20% would give 1.56.
But that's how it works in PSX. Why are you saying it needs to be "resolved"?

The only point left over is the assumed temp in PSX being limited at 63°C (as observed on some real aircraft), while at BA it goes to 70°C.

Regards,

|-|ardy

P.S.: A tip on the takeoff CG entry in the FMC: If a weight & balance computer is not installed, you can look up the true CG on Instructor > Situation > Aerodynamics.