News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Training videos

Started by Britjet, Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:23

lentik

Yes, for me this will be fully ok :)!

Britjet

Ok - the main problem is that there are many different SOPs for these phases, but I will try to do some with basic Boeing procedures.

Peter

lentik

:) thx alot Britjet, you are the best^^!!! This will be very helpful for me!

Sebastian

cagarini

That would be great Britjet, even more if including the use of COMMS, that is still tricky to many ...

Thank you!

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: jcomm... including the use of COMMS, that is still tricky to many ...
It's also tricky to find out what some users don't understand. Actually, the system is trivial. But maybe some former experience from a different simulation is blocking the user's mind making the whole thing now much more complicated than necessary?

I think when a user doesn't understand the usage of the ACP and RCP, the user should explain what effect he expects when a certain switch is moved. What is in his mind? One could write a whole book about ACP and RCP and then check if the user finds an answer on a specfic question. -- Or, vice versa, the user tells exactly what in his mind disagrees with his expectation, and then one could explain the actual problem much better because this way one gets an idea of what "way of thinking" is blocking the user's understanding.

So, in my opinion, a simple "I still don't understand this" cannot be solved by a "Wait, I'll write you a book" :-)

|-|ardy

cagarini

True HH, and I think Britjet has already given a very good description of how it all works, as a complement to the PSX Manual pages... But seeing it in action can further help ....

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Britjet(I don't want to show myself up by actually flying!)
I, for one, do like actual flying in videos -- but I don't like my voice! :-)

Perhaps we can combine our preferences in an additional video series:
You talk, I fly? :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Britjet

Great idea, Hardy!

Actually I have one in mind - It's a 2-engined approach into Quito on Cat1 limits with a 40-kt crosswind and a failed Wing Gear.

Off you go - just getting my mic adjusted :-)

Peter

Hardy Heinlin

I hope your suggestion is not ironically meant :-)

I'll try it!

Just tell me ...

Which engines fail?
Wing gear left or right?
Crosswind left or right?

!-iardy

Britjet

Actually - I think I'll do a specific one on the ACP etc - just babbling on while using it should clear a few misunderstandings..

Peter

cavaricooper

Peter-

Now you've got me scratching my head... you mean there are procedures OTHER than the ones in the BA FCOM?  Can't be mate- there's something inherently not quite right with that train of thought ;)  Surely BA will suffice for the masses... phuleeeeeezzzzzz!

C

Quote from: BritjetOk - the main problem is that there are many different SOPs for these phases, but I will try to do some with basic Boeing procedures.

Peter
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Britjet

New video uploaded - Audio Control Panels
(Just a quick "rough" one for those who are a little confused, and a couple of extra tips..)

I forgot to mention SELCAL - sorry..

Peter

JP59

Thanks for this new video Peter.

Hardy Heinlin

Peter, your good timing at the end shows you're a good actor too, hehe :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

[size=8](The frequency transfer on the RCP takes 1 second, or 3 seconds when DATA is displayed; you need to push the transfer button just once.)[/size]

jtsjc1

:mrgreen:  Thanks for the vid Peter nice ending! Sounds like you're getting more than drinks! Glad you take the time to make these I watch them often.
Joe

Britjet

For any of you practising engine out take-offs - a misleading instruction in the video - you don't need to have the rudder in trim to engage the autopilot on the engine-out climb. (I was having a "brain shrink"..)

So the procedure is:-

250 ft MIN - engage an autopilot
Then trim the rudder...
etc

Sorry about that - I will endeavour to amend the video soon..

Cheers,

Peter

Tord Hoppe

"Is that Maria, the upper deck stewardess with the --- ------?"
Any anecdotes of trying to get flight crew to lose their cool while chatting on the intercom? :)

Britjet

I think it may be considered unprofessional now but lots of flight crew would answer the cabin call with 'Hello, Staff Travel?"

Peter

Britjet

New video uploaded...

"Single Engine Failure on Take-off DEMO"
(This is using the new 10.0.5 BETA 6...)

Cheers,

Peter

Britjet

On the video, the inference is that the rudder trim should be completed before actioning the memory items. This is me reverting to multi-crew habits, I'm afraid.
In a multi-crew environment the HP would call for the appropriate memory items as soon as possible after 400 feet, and then trim the rudder while they were being done by the other pilot, so in the video I got things slightly in the wrong order from the single-crew perspective.

For single-crew operation it would be better to keep the rudder pressure applied manually while shutting down the engine, and then trimming the rudder..

Sorry about any confusion..

Peter