News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

CDU 747 that works with PMDG

Started by markpodbery, Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:14

markpodbery

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the hardware side of things in FS. However I am wanting to buy a CDU that will work with the PMDG 747. I have searched the forum and see a chap called LUXpilot got it to work. I use the VC in the pmdg so to undock the window and place it on the unit I would be happy with this.

If someone could stear me in the right direction as I am a complete novice!!?

Thanks

Mark

Holger Wende

Hi Mark,

Are you talking about Jeroens MCDU?

On his homepage you will also find a   FAQ section with links to the topics:
Can ACARS be displayed on the PMDG CDU
Can your MCDU work together with PMDG software?

Regards, Holger

markpodbery

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No I mean a physical hardware CDU that intergrates with the PMDG 747?

Thanks

Mark

Holger Wende

Hi Mark,

If you follow the link to Engravity CDU you will see that it (should) work also with PMDG747 for FSX.

I have no idea how well it works because I fly only the Aerowinx 744 :)

Regards, Holger

markpodbery

Well I didn't want to spend that kind of money really!!

I was looking at the Vrinsight CDU??

Can anyone help me out with that and the PMDG 747?

It does seem to work I am told?

Thanks

Mark

markpodbery

Also maybe the opencockpits one but I cannot see or find if this works with the pmdg 747...

Advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Mark

cavaricooper

I personally have decided to go the touch screen route- accurate depiction, actual fonts and then you can populate the overhead and "touch" that as well.
Still waiting for a couple of parts so I can't report fully yet......but theoretically looks promising.  I also like the idea of using it to show the center pedestal (touch to swap frequencies, set autobrakes etc)............. just a thought.

That way you are NOT restricted to one aircraft (ironic for me to say as the 747-436 is about all I fly) :)

Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

luxpilot

HI Mark,

I tried contacting you over Skype a few times, even though this proved unsuccesful due to our individual time frames. But here's the answer to your question:
Yes, the VR Insight CDU II (Be careful: the 1st version is worthless compared to II) does work perfectly under PMDG 744. My situation is the other way around: I want to get it to work under 747IPC (PS 1.3a under Windows XP). If you need assistance in making it work under PMDG, feel free to contact me. I can be of assistance. If you have precise hints on how to get it to work under 747IPC, please contact me too, because I am much more interested in this simulation and its coming version in 2010 than just playing around with it in PMDG... :shock:

Also, unfortunately, as Jeroen pointed out the VR Insight has high-quality screen allowing to present a real-life screen on CDU by just undocking it. However, its keyboard doesn't look anywhere close to a real CDU keyboard, even though its keys area 100% the same, apart from the annunciator lights that are missing here and the Brightness button which is replaced by a FUNC-button use to activate the CDU in PMDG. :|

Best regards,
Steve

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Michel Vandaele

Hello ,
The Engravity CDU is working perfectly with the PMDG744 after you buy an extra driver for PMDG.
B. Rgds
Michel
Michel VANDAELE
Board member  FSCB
EBOS Scenery Designteam
My B744 project
http://users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele/sim1.htm