News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RealTraffic 1.0 beta and updated Foreflight 2.0 beta

Started by Balt, Sun, 18 Jan 2015 15:39

Frans Spruit

Hi Balt,

Thank you for the traffic addon.
It's working fine the US but it can't see any traffic in Europe. There is just no connection??? I have all the latest versions, Java 1.8_25 RealTraffic 1.03, Windows7, ect.
Can you please shine your light on this.

Regards

Frans Spruit EHAM

andrej

Dear Balt,

thanks the your reply. Yes, OS X 10.6 is old. :) Well, at least now I have a real reason to update to OS X 10.10.

Cheers,
Andrej

kiek

Hi,

Would be a nice combination with a LifeAtc channel!
Queing up for take-off, hearing the Tower controller control the aircraft(s) in front of you.  :D  
The only problem for bigger airports is that it will be difficult to find a free spot in the queue for your PSX aircraft. ;)

Nico

Balt

Ok everyone, download the latest version 1.0.4. There was a locale issue, apparently some countries use commas as decimal points. What's the world coming to. :)

Cheers

- Balt

Balt

...and 1.0.5 is out. More problems with localized Strings. By golly, Java is trying much too hard for its own good to be smart!

Now also an update for Foreflight, same issue there with comma vs. decimal point string operations.

Cheers

- Balt

Frans Spruit

Hi Balt,

It's working! Only the refresh on the ND is not working as it should, as Hardy said the traffic  disappears after a while. if you turn traffic off in the instuctor and then turn it on,  the ND shows traffic again. Commas and decimal points go back to the PS1 days developers had the same problem then.

Regards

Frans Spruit EHAM

CarlBB

Hi Balt,

Another fantastic addon for the PSX community - thanks!

Carl

falconeye

Hi,

I just tested Version 2.0.3
I seems the connection is ok.
I can see the XATTPSX and the XGPSPSX.
This variables are changing steadily . But when I compare your screenshot with my display, it seems I have no Traffic List  :'( . I can see some planes on the ND, but I don't think they come from Real Traffic but are generated from PSX.
Any hints what could be wrong?
Thank you

falconeye

Sorry, forget my last post.
I downloaded foreflight and not Realtraffic.

Cheers

Phil Bunch

Incredible!

How does PSX attract so many exceptionally skilled software developers?!?!
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

kiek

Hi,

I tried 1.0.5 beta but it is using the AEROWINX MCDU fonts that I have recently installed at my PC for MCDU development ? ... See this screenshot while I'm at EHAM.
Not readable at all while this font is not complete in the lower case letter range ...

Do you choose a font in your program?  Recommended...

There is also nothing to be seen at the ND...

Regards,
Nico

Hardy Heinlin

The CDU fonts have no lower case at all. There are two CDU fonts: large and small. The small one has just upper case as well.

|-|

kiek

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinThe CDU fonts have no lower case at all. There are two CDU fonts: large and small. The small one has just upper case as well.
I know, but that's not my point... The point is that RealTraffic uses a strange font, it does not seem to Select a font.

andrej

So OS X 10.10 is up and running. PSX took frame rate hit (will have to work on that) but RealTraffic works! :)

Just a quick question, why does it expire on 31.01.2015?

Cheers,

Andrej
Andrej

Balt

Nico
Can you send me / post a screenshot please? I don't see a problem with fonts. The interface should be using your standard system font, the "radar" display uses the CDU font, however, it comes as a resource in the jar, so does not depend on any installed fonts.

Andrej; it expires because I don't want ancient pre release versions in the wild.

Cheers

Balt

kiek

Hi Balt
Quote from: BaltCan you send me / post a screenshot please?
I did in my post #31, see the link over there. The Traffic List uses the AEROWINX MCDU font
Regards,
Nico

Balt

Thanks. Yes that's entirely useless isn't it. Must be a leftover from font experiments.

Cheers

B

Balt

1.0.6 is uploaded:
- Font for update window is now the system font.
- Font for injected traffic list is system font, small.

Cheers

- Balt

andrej

Hello Balt,

thanks for the feedback. You really think of everything! :)

Cheers,
Andrej

J D ADAM

Hi Balt  
  Simple question from a frustrated user of your fine program. Everything works fine except the aircraft are not showing up in FSX or on Garry's Traffic PSX. Spent 3 hours try all types of perambulations with no success

Thank you
Derek.

P.S Interestingly on the first occasion I used the program it worked perfectly in all respects,but something I have done (or not done!) has messed something up