News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RealTraffic 1.0 beta and updated Foreflight 2.0 beta

Started by Balt, Sun, 18 Jan 2015 15:39

ScudRunner

Hi Balt,

thanks for considering that filter. Much appreciated!

chrs
Scud.   8)

Martin Baker

I've just started using Real Traffic, connected to PSX and no external visuals. When I'm near an airport planes keep flying at me and turning away at the last minute. They're not showing up on the RT display. Have I set something incorrectly within PSX? M

Pierre Theillere

Hi Garry and Balt!

Aaaah, yep, I had thought about the "slot" problem: an aircraft shouldn't jump from slot to slot! RealTraffic is amazing, but, of course, when moving, the other "closest aircraft" seems to always become slot #1... leading to (sometimes) traffic rushing through the windshield at an incredible speed (!), as #1 isn't the same (real) aircraft, as (maybe) #1 and #2 have been swapped...
Hope you can sort it out, Balt! Looks like Garry's logic to "stick" an aircraft to its slot will be fine...
Pierre, LFPG

Balt

Hi guys,

indeed, that's been on the todo list for a while... I'll get to that soon I hope!

Cheers

- Balt

Balt

Hello chaps,

I've implemented a traffic filter allowing you to either select to show air, ground or both traffic, or to automatically select based on TAS. If TAS > 30 kts, air traffic will be displayed, else ground traffic.

I hope that scratches most of your itchings in the interim... still working on maintaining the same slot for the same traffic for the PSX injection.

Cheers

- Balt

Frans Spruit

Hi Balt,

Choices, choices, thank you very much.

Regards,

Frans

ScudRunner

Great stuff mate.

Thanks again for implementing.

Scud.

Keith Maton

This is a fantastic addon.  It may seem like something simple but I'm getting a real kick out of seeing those blips on my screen and knowing that they're real aircraft!  Thank you :)

mikeindevon

Hi Balt,

I have come rather late to this party.

I have downloaded RealTraffic.jar but when I run it I get a msg saying it is not connected to the internet and bombs out.  Are there some installation instructions somewhere for setting ip addresses etc?

Mike

Balt

Well, you do require an active internet connection, otherwise it can't fetch traffic. By bombing out, do you mean it crashes? Or does it tell you it doesn't have anything useful to contribute as you appear to be not connected?

In other news, I just tried connecting from here as well and received the same error. Looks like perhaps the data servers are having a problem. Let me know if it persists.

Cheers

- Balt

mikeindevon

Says it doesn't have anything to contribute.  Yes, I have an active internet connection.  I will try again later.

Thanks,

Mike

Keith Maton

Same here when I started the next phase of my fight earlier this evening.

Mind you, I was excited to be flying within twenty miles of the real G-CIVR a couple of days ago.

mikeindevon

Still getting the message:

Unable to obtain real world traffic. Are you connected to the internet? Sorry, no option but to terminate.

To launch it I have just double clicked on the .jar in Windows explorer.  Am I missing some configuration file or can your software detect my router automatically and assumes PSX is on 127.0.0.1:10747 etc?

Just a thought:
Would it be possible to send the data directly to XView?  I could make the interface look just like the PSX main server or I could just take a data stream in some agreed format.  It would need an option to alter the ip addresses.  The reason for this is that smoothing of the data is required to get planes moving realistically in the scenery world and it would be easier if this was done in one place rather than PSX do some, then I smooth the PSX data before pumping it into X-Plane.

Cheers,

Mike

Balt

Ok chaps, problem solved. Download the updated jar and it'll work again, at least for now.

Cheers

- Balt

Balt

Quote from: mikeindevonJust a thought:
Would it be possible to send the data directly to XView?  I could make the interface look just like the PSX main server or I could just take a data stream in some agreed format.  It would need an option to alter the ip addresses.  The reason for this is that smoothing of the data is required to get planes moving realistically in the scenery world and it would be easier if this was done in one place rather than PSX do some, then I smooth the PSX data before pumping it into X-Plane.

You can do that by reading the foreflight broadcast output sent by the RealTraffic plugin. Just listen for the UDP packets as described here: https://www.foreflight.com/support/network-gps/

Once you have that implemented, I'm happy to rename the checkbox "Broadcast Foreflight/Visual PSX data" :-)

Cheers

- Balt

GodAtum

Balt

continued support and your much appreciated contribution to a couple of beers at Sydney prices each year... ;-)

Cheers

- Balt

kiek

Hi Balt,
Since a day I do not see any traffic in Real Traffic 3.0.2 (Total traffic in area: 0). Before it was good.
I've re-installed and checked my firewall but no luck.
Could there be a server problem, or what do you think?

Regards,
Nico

Balt

Hi Nico

I'm currently travelling, might get a chance to look at it later today. I'm not aware of any server issues.

Cheers

Balt

Balt

Hi Nico,

as promised back at the hotel, just did a quick check and ran the current version, 3.0.2 just now, works fine, all over the world. Traffic is shown. Can you try again please, and make sure you are running v 3.0.2 please.

I'm back at work in two days, I can give you better support from home. Can you please email me at balt at inside dot net if it still doesn't work.

Cheers

- Balt