News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerosoft australia MCP and psx running on a mac

Started by Zuurbekje, Sat, 10 Jan 2015 12:25

Zuurbekje

Hi all,

I'm using PSX on a Imac (Yosemite). Tried to connect my old aerosoft MCP via Adaptpsx using a serial to usb cable and the Prolific PL2303 mac OSX driver.

The connection is recognized as tty.usbserial under com-port selection in AdaptPSX.
Adaptpsx connects with psx but I can't get the mcp to work, adaptpsx disconnects within seconds.

Then I tried to connect via an old windows XP PC running adaptpsx over the network in combination with PSX on the mac. The serial-usb is recognized in windows on com8 but selecting this in adaptpsx doesn't do the trick.

Any mac-users who succeeded in connecting the aerosoft mcp directly to PSX??
Any suggestions about the second configuration, the connection via a separate XP PC?

Please help me?!

Jeroen op den Akker, Netherlands
http://home.hccnet.nl/jwopdenakker/flightsimpagina.html

EmilB

Tried searching the forum... Anyone successful in getting the Aerosoft MCP to work with their Mac?

I plugged the MCP's USB port into my iMac's USB port and also running AdaptPSX. The MCP is recognized by the Mac by looking in the About This Mac/System Report/USB

EmilB

I finally got the Aerosoft EFIS / MCP / and EICAS panels to work with my iMac.

Thanks in part and to no small measure to John Golin's AdaptPSX.

1. The RS232 - USB converter I used was from StarTech.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Serial-Adapter-Retention-ICUSB2321F/dp/B004ZMYTYC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

2. Download the latest Mac OS drivers from the FTDI from their site and install.

3. Configure AdaptPSX (select the USB port from the drop down menu and check Aerosoft MCP), click Start

4. Launch PSX

To be honest it was a 50/50 chance that I would get it to work but the converter was cheap so I decided to give it a try. Too bad the USB port of the MCP didnt work.