News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Newer OSs

Started by Zinger, Fri, 5 Jun 2009 17:41

Zinger

Hi all,
will PS1 and add-ons run under Vista 64bit and Windows7 64bit?
Regards, Zinger

syoonsh

I have tried installing PS1.3 over Vista on 64bit version,

and PS1 got failed when starting the program.  Thus, PS1 addon will not

work as either.

Phil Bunch

Have you tried running PS1.3 using DOSBox or a similar program under Vista-64?
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

syoonsh

Quote from: Phil BunchHave you tried running PS1.3 using DOSBox or a similar program under Vista-64?

yeap..the simulator went really slow using dosbox and couldn't play at all........

Phil Bunch

Quote from: syoonsh
Quote from: Phil BunchHave you tried running PS1.3 using DOSBox or a similar program under Vista-64?

yeap..the simulator went really slow using dosbox and couldn't play at all........

---------------

I'm sorry that DOSBox doesn't work for you with 64-bit Vista - I have no major issues with 32-bit Vista and PS1.3.  My PC is about 18 months old but was at the high end of performance when new, being a gaming PC. It has water-cooled quad CPUs and water-cooled dual video cards.

I am planning to switch to 64-bit Windows 7 within about a year, to gain access to more RAM and better Photoshop performance with big digital photos, so I hope PS1 and PSX will be happy with this path.  

Perhaps using a virtual XP machine would be a useful option for getting PS1.3 to work on your PC?  Just a thought - at least you'd (hopefully) get out from under your problems with PS1.3 under 64-bit Vista without losing your existing Vista setup.

It works even better in XP Pro, with no need for DOSBox, on my aging HP laptop, including all sounds being provided properly.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch