News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.77

Started by vito, Sun, 4 Jan 2015 19:22

Will

Will /Chicago /USA

vito

Hi Will,

Thanks to Alex B also for his quote from my tutorial ! First steps are to press Connect to PSX button on FiFLi panel.  Recommended is that this is done as in tutorial is said but I got habit (and it works also) to press Connect button as soon as PSX is loaded, no matter if power is connected (message in the FIFLi window should be: Parked at the ground). Second status change is initiated when you rotate  FLT DK DOOR selector in any direction - that is when boarding / FO preparation starts. Form here, you just follow standard flow, exceptionally you can shorten boarding simulation by rotating FLT DK DOOR selector in any direction - again (but bear in mind that FO preflight procedures will go on until they are finished - this is due programming - still on to do list is that FO actions also stop with stopping boarding actions).

best regards

vito

Will

Thanks for the information about the status changes; that's what I was looking for. It's a good way to see if FiFLi is on track. I started cold and dark, powered up the aircraft, and then I think the status was immediately "Preflight checklist." What is the trigger for getting to that phase of FiFLi?
Thanks again.
Will /Chicago /USA

vito

Hi Will,

First message after you check "Connect me to PSX!" should be "Parked at the gate". After that you will usually start preflight procedures by rotating FLT DK DOOR selector. If you change Beacon switch either side (or you have it on) FiFLi will initiate "Before start procedure" and FO will do various tasks in preparing plane for starting engines. Message will change to "Before start checklist" when FO is done.

I must review my tutorial because it is not updated recently, sorry for that.

best regards

vito

Will

Okay, seems to be working well! Thanks for all your time and energy on this add-on.
Will /Chicago /USA

Pierre Dousset

Hi Vito,
FiFli is very realist and works fine. I've just a problem vhen arriving at holding point. I stop taxi, then obtain clearance to enter the RWY, Flt dk door is turned on DENY and release and there nothing happens ?
Current Fifli phase stay at Before start checklist. To obtain the next Fifli phase i have to quit Fifli, and then restart it, and wait
Can you help me ? What is wrong ?
Pierre.

vito

Hi Pierre,

here is answer from previous post:

Quote... Second status change is initiated when you rotate  FLT DK DOOR selector in any direction - that is when boarding / FO preparation starts. Form here, you just follow standard flow, exceptionally you can shorten boarding simulation by rotating FLT DK DOOR selector in any direction - again (but bear in mind that FO preflight procedures will go on until they are finished - this is due programming - still on to do list is that FO actions also stop with stopping boarding actions).

Also to tell FiFLi that takeoff is imminent or to enter "runway entry mode", few items have to be set first, from what I can remember for is that flaps must be in takeofff configuration, beacon and strobes must be on ...

best regards

vito

Pierre Dousset

vito

Here is the newest beta 0.71:

beta 0.71
- Simulation of boarding (starts when you rotate FLT DK DOOR selector) now also reflects in ZFW value being changed (increased), ZFW will automatically increase towards inserted Planned ZFW value (you can check this on CDU by selecting PERF INIT page) , also value entered in - Planned fuel will automatically trigger fuel loading - if values in respective fields stays "0" ZFW and Fuel will not be automatically updated / loaded
- Climb and cruize Flight attendant message is now played only when you are higher than minimum altitude (cca 10000 ft) and seat belts switch is tuned to auto or off

Complete package is available at (recommended because some new sounds added):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dft2carzrwiozcw/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

and just "jar" file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

best regards

vito

Black4956

Hi Vito,
first of all thank you very much for your awesome addon. But - it's a pity it does not work in connection with my system I suppose. Although I followed everything according to your description it didn't work the last three times.
First I thought maybe my antivirus software was the reason. But after deactivating it there are still problems.
Sometimes Phase 3 works, sometimes it doesn't!  :-(
After I finished my Taxi I rotated FLT DK DOOR selector to deny. ...nothing happens.
During Phase 6 - Climb - Cruise there is no FA briefing heard etc. etc.
It's a shame. Nevertheless this addon is great stuff - if it's working. In my case there is no success!  :-(
Maybe you have an idea what the reason is.
with regards
Bernd Schwarz

PS: I exactly followed your procedure guide!!!!!

vito

Hi Bernd !

You are probably missing condition, let's see ...
First, just for safety, be sure that FiFLi status message says "Connected!" when you check "Connect to PSX !".

Quote from: Black4956 on Sun, 21 Jan 2018 13:41
Sometimes Phase 3 works, sometimes it doesn't!  :-(

For Phase 3 (Before start procedure) to work you must have next items checked:
1. Flaps must be UP
2. Doors must be CLOSED
3. Beacon must be ON (this is the trigger for telling FO to start Before start procedure)
4. Engines must be COLD (not running - start switches OFF)

After I finished my Taxi I rotated FLT DK DOOR selector to deny. ...nothing happens.

To enter "Runway entry procedure" you must have next items checked:

1. Flaps must be in TAKE OFF position
2. Beacon must be ON
3. Autobrakes must be set to RTO
4. Pair of Landing light must be switched to on (left or right pair - it doesn't matter which pair) - this is trigger for "telling" FO to prepare aircraft

During Phase 6 - Climb - Cruise there is no FA briefing heard etc. etc.

To enter "cruise" phase next items must be checked:

1. Doors must be closed
2. Gear must be in UP position
3. Altitude must be higher than 10000 ft
4. Descent phase must not be active (you can't be closer than 250 nm from destination)
5. And final:  FLT DK DOOR selector must be in AUTO of OFF position.

In general, I don't recommend jumping between various phases, it is better to close FiFLi and start it again (load desired situ and then start FiFLi).

Best regards
vito

Black4956

Hi Vito,
thank you very much for your fast reply. I will follow exactly your advice. As soon as I have positive results I will inform you.
Have a good time. Greetings to Zagreb!   :-)
cheers
Bernd

Black4956

Hi Vito,

now everthing is working! Do you know why:    My procedures were based on your first procedure guide which was different in some case:

Phase 5 - Take off
Conditions: When you are near runway and you have your clearance to enter it you can execute Runway
entry procedure
5.1 >>> Rotate FLT DK DOOR selector to DENY and release it - This will signal to the First officer that you
are ready to enter the runway and so you are giving First officer order to execute so called runway entry
procedure. First officer will: call flight attendants to take seats for take off, turn on landing lights, turn off taxi
lights, turn on strobe, and put XPDR to RA/TA position.
5.2 >>> Do Takeoff checklist

I always tried to rotate FLT DK DOOR selector in order to start the runway entry procedure.

The "before-start-engine" problem (Phase 3) always happened when I already changed the flaps in takeoff position.  :-)

As you see there were some changes made during the update period I suppose. I would really appreciate if you have an actual procedure guide with all the changes in comparison to the procedure guide V. 1.0.

By the way the briefing during climbing/cruising still does not work!  :-(

with regards
Bernd

vito

Quote from: Black4956 on Sun, 21 Jan 2018 17:53

As you see there were some changes made during the update period I suppose. I would really appreciate if you have an actual procedure guide with all the changes in comparison to the procedure guide V. 1.0.

By the way the briefing during climbing/cruising still does not work!  :-(

with regards
Bernd

There were changes since first release of the procedure guide, if I can remember, but full update will be done as soon as I am finished with beta :-)

I am sorry that flight attendant still not working.  I see that I made typo here mentioning FLT DK DOOR selector instead SEAT BELTS selector, so here are correct conditions for FA:

1. Doors must be closed
2. Gear must be in UP position
3. Altitude must be higher than 10000 ft
4. Descent phase must not be active (you can't be closer than 250 nm from destination)
5. And final:  SEAT BELTS selector must be in AUTO or OFF position.

Best regards!

vito

Black4956

Hi Vito,

thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much!  :-)
Yesterday evening I made a new flight.
Everything was working except the FA briefing on cruise and descent/approach.
I'm absolutely convinced that your great addon will be working 100 per cent after
the final release. I wish you the very best! Continue the good work.
with kind regards
Bernd

PS: My Java:     Version 8 update 161 (Build 1.8.0_161-b12)       Maybe this helps! :-)

vito

Quote from: Black4956 on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 07:43

Everything was working except the FA briefing on cruise and descent/approach.

Java version doesn't mater. One last thing I can think off: do you have selected PA volume selector on Captain's panel: if the PA volume selector is ON (green light) you will hear PA announcements (briefings) - so be sure that is selected.

best regards

vito

Black4956

Hi Vito,
of course the FLT, CAB and PA was on (green lights) during the whole flight. There is only one briefing audible shortly after takeoff. There are no further briefings audible - Neither on cruise nor on descent/approach!   :-(

cheers
Bernd

vito

Quote from: Black4956 on Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:48
Hi Vito,
of course the FLT, CAB and PA was on (green lights) during the whole flight. There is only one briefing audible shortly after takeoff. There are no further briefings audible - Neither on cruise nor on descent/approach!   :-(

cheers
Bernd

I presume that you have files (wav sound files should installed using the same directory structure as in ZIP file) installed correctly ? It is weird that one briefing is played and others are not. I would download whole package again and extract it in new folder just to be sure. FiFLi doesn't  change windows registry file so you can safely delete old folder just to be sure.

best regards
vito

Black4956

Hi Vito,
thank you for your idea!  I downloaded the whole package  again and reinstalled everything......still the same problem!

with regards
Bernd

Black4956

Hi Vito,

would like to know if there is already some progress in case of final version of your awesome FiFLi.
I don't want to bother you!   .... it's just a little information!   ;-)

with kind regards
Bernd