News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.77

Started by vito, Sun, 4 Jan 2015 19:22

vito

Here are two new versions -  first is FiFLi_test_1 without pauses between actions, first second and third announcement will play simuntaneosly because pauses between briefings are removed :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9jif4ttyf9lu69/FiFLi_test_1.jar?dl=0

second one is FiFLi_test_2 without write actions but with pause actions as Hardy suggested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43nmmwshipcadof/FiFLi_test_2.jar?dl=0

best regards

edit:

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinAre you using any country specific characters?

as far as I know I don't ..

here is latest beta slightly :-) reworked, you can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u42lbwia726p7dq/FiFLi_beta_0_3.jar?dl=0

now use FiFli_beta_0.3.jar for testing

vito

GodAtum

thanks for this , i will test it on my flight tommorrow :)

how do i disable the FO actions?

vito

Quote from: GodAtumthanks for this , i will test it on my flight tommorrow :)

how do i disable the FO actions?

de facto FO actions are disabled in second version FiFLi_test_2 because all write actions are disabled. I was planning to add this option separately in one of the future betas ....

best regards

vito

HercMighty

Had the same freezing problems as others with the first version. With V3 though I get the briefing it locks up PSX while the briefing plays and doesn't release until the flight attendant is unchecked. The last key pressed seems to then be done and I have control back.

For instance I was trying to move the view to a different view and couldn't until I unchecked it. Also the mouse cursor disappeared within PSX.

vito

Quote from: HercMightyHad the same freezing problems as others with the first version. With V3 though I get the briefing it locks up PSX while the briefing plays and doesn't release until the flight attendant is unchecked. The last key pressed seems to then be done and I have control back.

For instance I was trying to move the view to a different view and couldn't until I unchecked it. Also the mouse cursor disappeared within PSX.

Did you try FiFLi_test_1 and FiFLi_test_2 ?

thanks

vito

HercMighty

Not yet, just tried the latest...I'll give them a go later tonight...

HercMighty

Ok, tried all of them...

Two notes:

1. Original, v2,v3 first briefing plays but PSX is locked until FiFLi is closed.
2. v1 works, other than the fact that all briefings play at once :)

Hope this helps

vito

Quote from: HercMightyOk, tried all of them...

Two notes:

1. Original, v2,v3 first briefing plays but PSX is locked until FiFLi is closed.

Hope this helps

Yes, it helps, it played all at once because pause was removed from program.
Did you try FiFLi_test_1 after it played first briefings ? Did you get "Cabin ready" message ?

best regards

vito

Hardy Heinlin

Vito, what sound system are you using? Java Sound? OpenAL?

Maybe it's not a network problem, but a sound problem on certain computer systems.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

HercMighty

Quote from: vito
Quote from: HercMightyOk, tried all of them...

Two notes:

Hope this helps

Yes, it helps, it played all at once because pause was removed from program.
Did you try FiFLi_test_1 after it played first briefings ? Did you get "Cabin ready" message ?

best regards

vito

I did get Cabin Ready....

vito

Try this one, just overwrite original:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

this is latest beta, I am suspicious on the "pause" method ...  :shock:

thanks

vito

vito

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinVito, what sound system are you using? Java Sound? OpenAL?

Maybe it's not a network problem, but a sound problem on certain computer systems.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

I am using javax.sound.sampled.*  8) Is that ok ?

best regards

vito

Hardy Heinlin

Should be OK.

Could it be that under certain conditions your add-on is flooding the server with data? Is there an infinite loop somewhere?

|-|

vito

As I can see it no, but will check again ....

thanks

vito

HercMighty

Latest file...locked up PSX until FiFli was closed....

vito

Quote from: HercMightyLatest file...locked up PSX until FiFli was closed....

Ok, thanks, I'll try something else  8)

best regards

vito

JP59

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinCould it be that under certain conditions your add-on is flooding the server with data? Is there an infinite loop somewhere?

I remember when I was developing my Arduino C++ based interface. I had an if statement before my incoming data processing loop, making PSX server flooding like this. Changing my loop with a do...while solved the problem. Maybe it can help. Don't give up Vito, your add-on is a very good idea  ;)

vito

Quote from: JP744
Quote from: Hardy HeinlinCould it be that under certain conditions your add-on is flooding the server with data? Is there an infinite loop somewhere?

I remember when I was developing my Arduino C++ based interface. I had an if statement before my incoming data processing loop, making PSX server flooding like this. Changing my loop with a do...while solved the problem. Maybe it can help. Don't give up Vito, your add-on is a very good idea  ;)

Thanks for support, we will find where the problem is  8). I'll look for similar symptoms :-)

best regards

vito

vito

Ok, here is the latest  8)  version FiFLi beta 0.32 :
FiFLi.jar - just copy over the old one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

or complete package:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khy0ds3z3dzxzu/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

best regards

vito

edit: typo

HercMighty

Sorry didn't seem to help  :(

PSX becomes unresponsive until your application is closed....

Any help I can give shout....be a great application if we can get it running :)