News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Best joystick for PSX ?

Started by ndumbane, Wed, 29 Oct 2014 22:43

Sylle

Quote from: Ivo de ColfmakerAnd how about left handed people, like me?
Almost all of this sticks are ergonomically build for right handed people.
It would be nice that developers would realize the group of left handed people is not all that small.
Hello Ivo,
If it can make you feel better... It's not that unrealistic when compared to the real world aviation ergonomics to be honest.

Most aircraft do not give you any choice either when it comes to how to operate their controls.
- All military aircraft equipped with HOTAS require to steer with the right hand regardless of being left or right handed.
- most GA aircraft (Cessna, Piper) will have the PIC steer with the left hand although some stick equipped aircraft have a second throttle allowing you to choose (eg Robin aircraft)
- On most airliners the F/O steers with the right hand, the captain with the left hand regardless of the fact if they are left or right handed.
- Instructors or either seat qualified pilots need to be proficient in flying from the left and from the right side.

Regards,
Sylvain

Guy13

Thank you,Will. I will not hesitate then.

United744

If you weren't ambidextrous before you were a pilot, you will be afterwards! :D

Another vote here for the Warthog. An excellent stick.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hy Sylvain,
I understand what you are saying, I mean , a yoke on an airliner is always modeled for its purpose.
The  FO yoke has the trim and autopilot switches on the right side, and ergonomicaly designed so they can be pushed with your thumb.
The captain side is the same, only mirrored.
On an airbus the right stick is also designed to push the buttons with the right  thumb, I don't think that placing the left stick on the right handside would be appreciated.
So here both captain and FO learn to fly with the left or right stick, but the shape of this stick is modeled according to the hand that uses it.

In my case using the mouse with the left hand is something  I never done,let alone left clicking with my middle finger.
So either I learn to use it like that, or forget about 95% of the joysticks on the market.
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Sylle

Hi Ivo,

Interesting to read that you use the mouse in your right hand as a left-handed person. I would have expected the opposite... but then again, it's probably logic as most mice are shaped to be used with your right hand.

Hope you find something that works for you!

Regards,
Sylvain