News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Remember the position and size of the Instructor window

Started by Simicro, Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:41

Simicro

Hi,

In my experience, the Instructor window always displays at the top right corner of the screen and everytime I use it, I have to drag it to the center of the screen. That's my user preference indeed.

So I would like to make a small suggestion: PSX remembers the position and size of the Instructor Window.
- Tony -

* Aerowinx PSX, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 777 (FSX)
* i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz 4 Core - MSI Z87-G43 Gaming - 8 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 770 2 Gb
* SSD 256 Gb - iiyama 1920 x 1080 - Win 7 64 bits

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

... as long as it never ends up outside the visible screen area due to hardware configuration changes after saving the setting.     :oops:

In general it is a nice feature of any program (IMHO) if it returns to the same size, position, and mode, window-wise, it was in/at when it was cleanly shut down.  I can get irritated to no end by modern Windows that does not even remember the position of folder windows @$#%$@#@ (it remembers the last two... go figure).  Luckily there are several free small programs that read the title of windows when they first appear and then kick them into where/what YOU want them to be.  These work today, also with PSX.

Hoppie

Simicro

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers... as long as it never ends up outside the visible screen area due to hardware configuration changes after saving the setting.

Oh yes! I am on a single monitor so I was not aware of that possibility.

Quote from: Jeroen HoppenbrouwersLuckily there are several free small programs that read the title of windows when they first appear and then kick them into where/what YOU want them to be.  These work today, also with PSX.

Can you recommend one of these small programs otherwise I will Google?
- Tony -

* i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz 4 Core - MSI Z87-G43 Gaming - 8 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 770 2 Gb

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Simicro

- Tony -