News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

USB issues (solved)

Started by Speedbird 9, Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:40

Speedbird 9

Dear Aerowinx,

I purchased PS 10 on 6 August, but it has been unusable more or less in practice since then.

The problem is that it forgets my controller and keyboard/mouse assignments between sessions. It then re-assigns these randomly on start-up to the Logitech G15 keyboard (a wired, USB keyboard) or to the Logitech M705 mouse (wireless USB). It also re-assigns them around various elements of my Saitek yoke/rudder/throttles system.

It works as expected with a basic keyboard and mouse, but this is not a proper solution since the modern keyboard and mouse are needed for other PC apps.

So my question is, will this be corrected in the near future please? It has been over 2 months since purchase, but I have spent most of that time trying to get it working properly on my very modern PC.

Thank you and best wishes.

Michael

hoppie edited the title for clarity and reference

Hardy Heinlin

Dear Michael,

do you change your USB cable connections between sessions?

If so, do you have several specific USB cable configurations that you frequently use, e.g. configuration A on Monday, configuration B on Tuesday? If so, you can save specific PSX preferences files, one file for each USB configuration.

If you have just one USB configuration and you don't change it at all, PSX should actually not change your selected USB preferences.

If there is a problem with USB devices that are detected as "unknown", please download the current Alpha test version:

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=1951

QuoteA pref file, e.g. Default.pref, now contains a text line called "UsbUnknownIncl=0" which can be edited with a text editor. When set to "UsbUnknownIncl=1", all unknown USB devices (wireless keyboard etc.) will appear on the USB page. The text line "UsbUnknownIncl=0" is generated when Alpha12 is loaded and exited. The standard setting is "UsbUnknownIncl=0", i.e. wireless keyboards etc. will not appear on the USB page.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Speedbird 9

Dear Hardy,

I do not change the USB cables between sessions, in fact I try to standardise the set-up so that it's the same for all applications on the PC.

The PS 10 USB selector recognises the G15 keyboard (which is USB wired) and provides 7 options for it, although none seem to respond to actual key presses. It shows a USB Receiver with 32 options. It shows another USB receiver with 3 options. It then shows Programmable Hotkeys with 32 options.

This is not a complicated set-up in real life. Just a Saitek yoke, pedals and two throttles  for the flight controls, etc. Also a wired USB keyboard and wireless mouse to run the PC, without use of fancy hotkeys, etc. So it would be nice if PS 10 could be made to remember the very simple system I adopt.

Best wishes,

Michael

jlpilot

Hi Michael,

I had a similar issue to begin with and although I'm not quite sure what caused the problem, I found that not using the default.pref file and creating a totally new and renamed one solved my problem.

Hope that helps.
Regards,

Jermaine.

Hardy Heinlin

I guess the wireless mouse is the problem.

This problem should be solved if you use the latest Alpha of version 10.0.1. Download it, install it, start it, exit it, then check that the file "Default.pref" in the folder "Preferences" includes this new line:

UsbUnknownIncl=0

Regards,

|-|ardy

Speedbird 9

Yes, this works better, only shows the Saitek and so far remembers the settings. Thanks.

Michael

Speedbird 9

Thanks Jermaine, but that approach did not work for me.

Michael