News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

"Eighty Knots... CRASH!!!... Eighty Knots... Syndrome with XView

Started by cagarini, Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:14

cagarini

I am suing XView with PSX and XP10.30 rc2, on the same PC. Main and Boost servers started at PSX start.

Whenever I change situations, and the new situation is supposed to start with the aircraft seating on the rw ready for takeoff, it crashes after the "eighty knots" announcement is issued, and this repeats until I quit the sim, or load a situation where the aircraft is already airborne.

The only way it works is starting XP10.30 and PSX with a given situation, and never change from that situation, or then commute between airborne situations - no problem with those.

Any hints?

martin

Quote from: jcommAny hints?
Not really, I'm afraid -- I don't even have X-Plane/XView...  ;)

But I notice that in the situation you describe, the "80 knots" call is the very first voice file played. (Or?)
If true, it might be something to do with the sound rather than the aircraft systems; might even be an OS issue, not PSX.

So, just some things I would perhaps try...

¤ Does it happen with all PNF persons/voices?
If not, which ones crash?

¤ Does it also happen if the PNF call-outs are disabled?
(This may rule out that it is a sound issue; unless the sound is still played, but at volume 0.)

¤ What happens if you start at the gate, so that another voice file is played as the first one?

¤ You report that these crashes do not happen when the situation begins with the plane already  airborne.
Does this happy state persist also if the PNF makes a call-out then, e.g. for flaps on approach?

Perhaps it helps...  :?

Cheers,
Martin

funkyhut

Hi jcomm,
Same here but it's intermittent. Sometimes the change goes without incident and sometimes I get what you have described.
In addition, if I'm at EGLL and then load Brian' situ file from EGKK, the planes loads but the INS alignment is gone and it goes through the alignment process again.
My solution is to quit X-Plane, set PSX and then restart X-Plane.
For me the XView is great and this is something I'm happy to live with
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

cagarini

Martin and Chris,

thanks for your replies.

Yes, XView is too good for this to be a showstopper :-)

I have actually re-started using some of my long time downloaded sceneries for XP10, which are simply gorgeous, am using SkyMaxxPro v2, which makes the clouds look wonderful too, and even enjoyed using some of my preferred GA aircraft for XP10 ( Mitsubishi MU-2J, C90, Baron 58...)

funkyhut

Hi jcomm,
I'd pretty much parked X-Plane due to the lack of good heavy jets but XView brought it out of retirement. I note you use SkyMaxx 2 and based on what you say, I'm inclined to get that.
If I find a solution to the 80 knot issue, I'll post it here.
Thanks.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

CarlBB

Hi All,

Appreciate an old thread, but wondering if you do not experience this by setting motion to off, then loading x-plane. When x-plane has loaded, set motion back to on?

Regards

Carl

Stephane LI

José,

do you mean PSX is crashing at 80KT or do you mean XPX is crashing at 80 KT ?
For me, I didn't have any XPX crash when loading any situation on ground.
I had some crashes when loading several situations or changing locations too many times in one session of PSX, like when doing some different training and reloading situations again and again and again...
Sometimes what I am doing is loading a situation or position the aircraft in PSX, stop the motion, I let XPX loading the scenery, then "unstop" the motion.

Stephane

CarlBB

Hi...
It's actually when sometimes loading a situation where the aircraft is stationary.
As xplane loads I have noticed the same as reported here.
So I was wondering if setting motion off would help. Sounds like from what your saying that it would help when repositionin or loading saved flights.
Regards
Carl

cagarini

Oops, sorry guys, I missed the new posts in this old thread :-/

Well, it never happened again to me but I am no longer using X-plane 10 as a visual platform for PSX. Changed to Visual PSX with FSX SE.

I haven't got this problem so far with FSX SE and Visual PSX.

I believe Carl's suggestion might work - freezing the movement while XP10 loads with scenery because it can take it's time and that's probably what caused that situation...

CarlBB

Hi,

Just reporting back - stopping motion when loading new situations with X-plane running is helping a lot.

For me - having XP with PSX - now with 90 odd GB of mesh is really enjoyable.

Thanks!

Carl

cagarini

Quote from: CarlBBHi,

Just reporting back - stopping motion when loading new situations with X-plane running is helping a lot.

For me - having XP with PSX - now with 90 odd GB of mesh is really enjoyable.

Thanks!

Carl

Yes, unfortunately I could never accept the fact that the daylight is out of sync with reality during a good part of the time of the year, the Moon position and phase is also completely out of sync... there aren't yet even an hint of seasonal textures, and the blurred horizon kills me too, specially when in cruise... It could be used just for taxiing, taking off and landing though, where the night scenery really shines in XP10...