News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

"Fifty above" call

Started by Christo van der Loo, Tue, 2 Sep 2014 08:59

Christo van der Loo

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I have the "Plus hundred" box ticked under Model > Programming but the call that comes through is "Fifty above" and that box is not checked. Also the "Minimums"
box is checked but that also doesn't get called.

Am I missing something obvious?

Then on another topic.

The RNAV (RNP) 13L at JFK is not in the box. Is there a way to get it or program it as it requires a 2.1 Arc R with a 3.00 path between WIRKO and JEVNI...so not sure if it can be done.

Cheers
Chris

John Golin

Is it the copilot calling it or the automatics?
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Christo van der Loo

John Golin

Aha!

The copilot settings are not related to the model - they are visible in Situation, Human, Pilot.

You can find a more relevant copilot, or edit the .pilot files to remove the callout you don't want. :). If you do that, maybe copy the file and folder to a new Pilot and edit that one.
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Hardy Heinlin

Hello,

the "Minimums" call is triggered in PSX only for radio minima, not for baro minima.

FMC procedures cannot be added to the database. One could design a procedure in the route that is stored in a situ file or route file, using a text editor, but this would require some programming skills and ARINC 424 knowledge.

Maybe the missing procedure will be included in the next database update (March 2015).

Regards,

|-|ardy

IefCooreman

Quote from: Chris VDLThe RNAV (RNP) 13L at JFK is not in the box. Is there a way to get it or program it as it requires a 2.1 Arc R with a 3.00 path between WIRKO and JEVNI...so not sure if it can be done.

Is this the special procedure that requires authorisation? That might be the reason why it's not in the FMC (we don't have it...)

Christo van der Loo

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes it is authorisation required, but don't know why it shouldn't be in the database just because of that. The RNAV (RNP) AR RWY 13 for the Seychelles is in the database and works fine.    

As Hardy says it might be there with the next update.

John I will play around a bit with the .pilot files and see!