News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

747 TQ & Other Supported Hardware

Started by jlpilot, Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:55

jlpilot

Hi Hardy,

I am still waiting for my copy of PSX but that hasn't stopped me from planning way ahead! I've been doing a bit of research on all the hardware options available for the 747 and thought it might be a good idea to create a sticky "hardware" thread with a supported, not supported or pending status. That might prevent multiple posts asking the same questions while making it easier to see what works and doesn't work at the moment.

I've found most of what I'm looking for but I'm stuck on the 747 Throttle Quadrant. I'm looking for a replica quadrant and as far as I know, only two companies can produce it at the moment, Flight Deck Solutions and maybe Throttletek. I've sent emails to both companies and I'm awaiting a response. Anyone know of any other options?

So far I've found the following companies for other hardware components...

747 Yoke (Both single and dual linked versions)
www.737yoke.com

747 Throttle Quadrant, MIP, Yokes, Rudders and many other components
www.flightdecksolutions.com

Boeing Stye Rudder Pedals
www.flypfc.com

747 MCP, DSP & EFIS Controls
www.cpflight.com

Hispapanels - Various panels (Radios, Transponder, Custom Panels, etc)
www.hispapanels.com

Maybe you guys can add a few more?

Kind regards,

Jermaine Lindsay
Regards,

Jermaine.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Jermaine,

yes, good idea to open such a thread.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

GodAtum

My 2$

PFC are very well made but the wrong colour.

737yoke.com had a very bad reputation (just look in mycockpit forums).

rockejun

Good Morning,
any news about support of PFC Cirrus II console (serial port)?
Anybody able to integrate at least minimums (yoke and throttles) via USB/serial adapter or card?

Kind regards,
Carsten

OmniAtlas

Hi Jermaine,

Aerosim solutions (Australia) makes authentic rudder pedals. I have one and they are great.

Does CP Flight MCP/EFIS work with Aerowinx? I had their 737 MCP+EFIS and can vouch for their quality.

Does the CDU from FDS work without any issues?

Thank you.

GodAtum

Anyone used FDS for small builds? Even though a lot of people have praise for their customer support, I get the impression that is only if you spend big bucks. It seems like if you only have money to buy small things they dont want to know.

garys

I don't believe that is true. FDS setup the Jetmax series specifically for the low budget hobbyist. Great company with excellent support.

David Palmer

I'm still waiting for my reply from pcos(at)jetmax.ca regarding my inquiry if there will be a B744 Jetmax product given the popularity of the newly released PSX to drive it.
Regards,
David.
a.k.a. 'The Commodore'

OmniAtlas

Just my humble opinion, I find it strange why people go for the jet max size when the the full mip and glareshield is almost equivalently priced. I guess if real estate would be an issue the the jet max would be the way to go.

I wish there was an 'expansion' side for those that wish to upgrade.

On a side note, I have tried a jet max system and also FDS fully decked out A320 sim at FlightsimKL.

GodAtum

Quote from: OmniAtlasJust my humble opinion, I find it strange why people go for the jet max size when the the full mip and glareshield is almost equivalently priced. I guess if real estate would be an issue the the jet max would be the way to go.

On a side note, I have tried a jet max system and also FDS fully decked out A320 sim at FlightsimKL.

Same, the 747 DSTD is around $12k CAD. Of course, you still have the battle of trying to get one ordered.

OmniAtlas

AFAIK the Jetmax contains the 2/3MIP, 2/3 Glareshield, a SYS3 I/O card, and landing gear. The price you quoted for the DSTD GodAtrum also includes their MCP, among other items (and outdated? 2010 price list) http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/assets/pdf/B747ER-DSTD-Jan1010.pdf

Here is a breakdown of the Dual trainer if you buy the parts individually--

Full MIP main - $1600.00
CDU bay - $500.00
Landing gear - $279.00
Glareshield - $1300.00
SYS3 I/O card - $229.00

Total -- 3908 CAD

I am not too sure if backlighting is included with the full MIP or it is an additional cost.

GodAtum

For me the DSTD is great place to start. I am concerned about making the payment, I guess the safest way is to use an escrow service?

jlpilot

Hi Omni,

Just one more thing to add to that list and that would be the optional hardware (buttons and switches etc)

MIP Hardware Switches - $461

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/assets/pdf/B747-MainHW-march2510.pdf

I did get a reply from both Flight Deck Solutions and Throttletek. Peter from FDS kindly explained that his B747 TQ is a very high end product designed to go into a $100K+ sim and has a price tag to reflect that. They may be working on an enthusiast version but that would only be at a slightly reduced price.

Roberto over at Throttletek however, said he could make a B747 TQ replica as a custom project so that's another option.

I did send an email to Aerosim about a custom 747 TQ but got a reply saying that there were no plans for TQ's any more and they would be closed for all trading until early 2015, while they work on their two commercial sims. Not sure if that also means no rudder pedals but would be worth checking it out.

Quote from: OmniAtlasAFAIK the Jetmax contains the 2/3MIP, 2/3 Glareshield, a SYS3 I/O card, and landing gear. The price you quoted for the DSTD GodAtrum also includes their MCP, among other items (and outdated? 2010 price list) http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/assets/pdf/B747ER-DSTD-Jan1010.pdf

Here is a breakdown of the Dual trainer if you buy the parts individually--

Full MIP main - $1600.00
CDU bay - $500.00
Landing gear - $279.00
Glareshield - $1300.00
SYS3 I/O card - $229.00

Total -- 3908 CAD

I am not too sure if backlighting is included with the full MIP or it is an additional cost.
Regards,

Jermaine.

fdspcos

Quote from: GodAtum
Quote from: OmniAtlasJust my humble opinion, I find it strange why people go for the jet max size when the the full mip and glareshield is almost equivalently priced. I guess if real estate would be an issue the the jet max would be the way to go.

Same, the 747 DSTD is around $12k CAD. Of course, you still have the battle of trying to get one ordered.

I dont want to "litter" Hardy's home but I have to say that I see many emails from you my friend and all replied to quite quickly... not sure where the non-response feeling comes from.
You may not like our pricing or our business approach but we do reply and communicate with people that are kind enough to send email....

Also.. Mr. Omni.. Hard to keep up with all the forums you post in but I will corner you here to say your misinformation is not understandable to me here...
You compare JetMax to a product twice the price then ignore half the items..
Both of you are more than welcome to conect with me and I can call to clarify all of this with you personally...
Please do think about what you post though guys... Misinformation is very damaging and "Everything you read on the internet is true" after all...
Apologies to Hardy and friends..
Felt compelled to comment here...
Peter Cos
FDS

fdspcos

Quote from: GodAtumFor me the DSTD is great place to start. I am concerned about making the payment, I guess the safest way is to use an escrow service?

This is beyond me Chris.
12 years we have been out here and I cannot think of a single example where we abused anyones trust.. When you make that comment you suggest otherwise and that is not fair at all. Quite damaging to a reputation we have worked very hard to build to where I believe it is today.
Where is the basis for this comment?
If it is a "Generalization" about buying on line perhaps you could rephrase that. I found it to be a highly questionable comment.
Peter Cos
FDS

OmniAtlas

Quote from: fdspcosAlso.. Mr. Omni.. Hard to keep up with all the forums you post in but I will corner you here to say your misinformation is not understandable to me here...
You compare JetMax to a product twice the price then ignore half the items..
Both of you are more than welcome to conect with me and I can call to clarify all of this with you personally...

Hi Peter,

If you read my forum post again I stated the jetmax does indeed have 2/3 the parts of the dual trainer.

I am trying to emphasise if you have the space to go for the dual trainer because of the better value.

Dual trainer, Subtracting out the cost of the FDS MCP, 2x EFIS, 3x LCD stands, and the more expensive switches (K2?), as well as the 2x CDU, and I believe you should come to the $4000-5000 range as I posted above.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule Peter and posting here to connect to your customers. I am not negatively criticising your products (I bought your 737 jetmax throttle remember, and only have good things to say).

Regards,

Ben

OmniAtlas

Quote from: jlpilotHi Omni,

Just one more thing to add to that list and that would be the optional hardware (buttons and switches etc)

MIP Hardware Switches - $461

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/assets/pdf/B747-MainHW-march2510.pdf

I did get a reply from both Flight Deck Solutions and Throttletek. Peter from FDS kindly explained that his B747 TQ is a very high end product designed to go into a $100K+ sim and has a price tag to reflect that. They may be working on an enthusiast version but that would only be at a slightly reduced price.

Roberto over at Throttletek however, said he could make a B747 TQ replica as a custom project so that's another option.

I did send an email to Aerosim about a custom 747 TQ but got a reply saying that there were no plans for TQ's any more and they would be closed for all trading until early 2015, while they work on their two commercial sims. Not sure if that also means no rudder pedals but would be worth checking it out.

Yes thank you for correcting me. I believe you have the choice between the E1 or K1 switches.

I have tried out their commercial quality quadrants and I would expect them to be priced accordingly as they are extremely durable and meant for hardcore use.

Yes, Gwyn is extremely busy but he has a company partner up in Queensland who I believe can still make rudder pedals. I would enquire if anyone was still interested.

I will try and follow up with Roberto at some stage, he also sells great Airbus parts :)

Regards,

Ben

OmniAtlas

Quote from: fdspcos
Quote from: GodAtumFor me the DSTD is great place to start. I am concerned about making the payment, I guess the safest way is to use an escrow service?

This is beyond me Chris.
12 years we have been out here and I cannot think of a single example where we abused anyones trust.. When you make that comment you suggest otherwise and that is not fair at all.
FDS

Hi GodAtrum, FDS also accepts Paypal (not too sure if this applies to their larger order items) so you have buyers guarantee.

GodAtum

Hi Pete, thank you for taking time to come and reply. FDS is certainly one of the main suppliers of hardware that is trustworthy and I completely agree they are one of the best in the business. As a very broad generalization, I would never sent $10,000s to people on Ebay for example.

I am absolutely no expert but looking at the website i think one could get a DSTD and be up and flying with the addition of a yoke, rudder pedals and throttle.

Thank you again for reply Pete and please accept my apology if my comments have been unconstructive. I do hope we can do business in the future and certainly do not want to get off to a bad start.

I really admire this guys build, just want I am hoping to re-create: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJw0UG1rXy0