News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Live - Shared flight deck now?

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:29

falconeye

And I am not in boost modus.

Pierre Theillere

Hi falconeye and Flygenring!

Welcome in Bogota: hope you enjoyed the approach and landing (233 fpm touchdown sinkrate) and very fast groundspeed due to altitude, it was really impressive in short final.
Sorry for the long taxi-in, the airport is quite huge and I had to vacated rwy 13L via A, as I had (but short) missed J high-speed exit! We're parked gate 29, enjoy your stay in Colombia, thanks for riding with us, and cya!
Pierre, LFPG

falconeye

Hi Pierre,
yes I saw, was a very fast approach! Thanks for taking me to Bogota.
But when can I leave? To dangerous country for my taste.
Cya

John Golin

Quote from: FlygenringOn my screen Pieere is cruising at FL360 with all engines idle, - Left CDU screen off or blacked out... Perhaps something wrong with connection, - too many clients perhaps ?  :shock:
Hmmm. This concerns me...

I think though it's a result of deliberate design... Note that although Pierre is in read only mode, the current iteration of SimSwitch wont stop you changing things in your ship, it just doesn't pass the changes to Pierre. Your ship changes will only get overwritten when it changes again on Pierres end.

This was deliberate to ensure 'bad' clients don't interact in any way with the DataStream, or require any resources to service them.

I am thinking about implementing an additional option in SimSwitch that will force the client back in sync when in read mode... but say you constantly send 'throttle at zero'... SimSwitch has to constantly send back the actual position. Spamarama!
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Kurt

Morning John.

Yes that was in my mind also. I tried to restart every thing to get a "fresh" set of complete variables from Pierre but as you said its a oneway comm in read only mode :)

PS: There is a fresh mail in your inbox :)
Best regards
Kurt

falconeye

Hello John,

do you have an idea why the chatfunction seems to not work?

Cheers

John Golin

If Pierre set SimSwitch to read only chat will not work either :)  It really is read only  :)

You can do the following as a test locally.  

- Run SimSwitch, PSX and AdaptPSX.
- Connect AdaptPSX->SimSwitch->PSX
- Launch Chat in SimSwitch and launc another Chat via Adapt
- experiment talking to yourself :)

Down the track I might look at an option to allow chat messages to get around the read only restriction ...

Cheers
John Golin.

falconeye

So at least it is clear now why the chat function didn't work.
We were a little confused. Everybody seems to be "alone" in the chat.

Cheers

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Next thing, people will ask to make the flight interphone come to life over the internet...

Pierre Theillere

Hi folks!

To celebrate the new SimSwitch release (and hard-test it...), today's flight is SKBO - SAEZ, ETD 0930z. Chat (and boarding as "don't touch" pax, i.e. "read-only") is already available using John's (hosted by Garry's website) embedded chat within SimSwitch. This time, chatting should work even with monitoring passengers: don't forget to put you name in the lower-right small empty line in the ChatPSX tool (above the "Exit" button) for the NSA... rather for me, hey!
I'll be available for chatting of course, excepted during the "cockpit sterile" phases of flight, usually <10000ft, but for SKBO let's say FL200, as some terrain are all over around here, it seems, they call it The Andes. Enjoy!
Pierre, LFPG

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Pierre,

some of us have been on your chat channel for hours. Where are you? :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

dts

Quote from: Jeroen HoppenbrouwersNext thing, people will ask to make the flight interphone come to life over the internet...

is that the same as Teamspeak :)

Hardy Heinlin

Kurt, I can't see you.

I'm off now :-)

Pierre Theillere

Hi Hardy!

Before departure, I had some chatting with Kurt and John... then I saw nobody else coming on the chat, although I had up to 9 clients connected to SimSwitch! So maybe there's a glich somwhere.
Hope you enjoyed the arrival: it became slightly messy (around FL150) as my (hardware) MCP and MCDU had suddenly stopped working (Murphy's Law, always at the worst moment, as in real), so I had to handle those by mouseclicks whilst trying to get them back alive and handflying the Queen. Same for my steerig tillers that had also quit... taxiing with the mouse, it reminded me long time ago with PS1, prior to the tiller utility!
Anyway, nothing serious, they were back fine after resetting (power off and back to power up) once on the ground... grrr! And for once, visibility was quite good at Buenos Aires, and taxi time was very short. So, welcome in the land of Tango guys...
Pierre, LFPG

Kurt

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinKurt, I can't see you.

I'm off now :-)

Hi Hardy, - strange - I got your ATC messages but could not press any buttons or switches, - I did have the flight controls though.

Then the server disconnected which made simswich stopping and then PSX hang also  :shock:  That is the first time I had to ctrl alt delete to get out of PSX. (It said JAVA SE stopped working)

May have been due to AdaptPSX also in the loop...

Sorry for the mess :)

Cheers
Best regards
Kurt

Avi

Pierre,

Did you see me in (for a short time between 1040z and 1100z and after landing)?
I even spoke with Kurt.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Kurt

Quote from: Pierre Theillereas my (hardware) MCP and MCDU had suddenly stopped working (Murphy's Law, always at the worst moment, as in real)

Hi Pierre.

Yes happened to as I was about to have a 1-1 shared cockpit with the man himself  :mrgreen: . I tried to connect AdaptPSX to Hardys server which I think made the system unstable in my end. I did have the yoke, rudder and thrust levers  but no response on the rest of the cockpit.

Bad timing I suppose  :shock:

Cheers
Best regards
Kurt

John Golin

Hmm that's not very inspiring... :(

Kurt something sounds seriously wrong there... can you let me know how you had things connected? Were you clicking in the window and nothing was happening? Or keypresses, or both?

Pierre - depending on how people connect, you can have 2 or 3 connections per person... but I will have a look...
John Golin.

Kurt

Quote from: John GolinHmm that's not very inspiring... :(

Kurt something sounds seriously wrong there... can you let me know how you had things connected?

Pierre - depending on how people connect, you can have 2 or 3 connections Person.

Morning John :)

Ok here's my setup that I used with Hardy today:

First attempt was via SimSwitch that had HH's server as upstream server. I ran Sim Switch on annother PC but could not see the left CDU like earlier today with Pierre where you also was online. At that point i had AdaptPSX pointing to Simswitch which recognised the connection - cant remeber if the MCP worked as I had more interest in the CDU :)

After CDU not showing up correctly I disconnected PSX client from Simswitch and pointed PSX client to HH's server directly. Aerosoft MCP needed a connection to be usefull so I pointed AdaptPSX to HH's server also. Adapt PSX showed connection ok and all up and running but there was no response either way between PSX MCP and my HW MCP.

At this point I had yoke, Throttle and rudder but nothing happened when I tried to press the buttons in PSX, - I could hear the ATC MESSAGE chimes and see the EICAS message when Hardy tried to control me via CPDLC.

I still had Simswitch open to be able to chat with HH but noticed he was gone.

After that everything freezed and I had to terminate PSX with CTRL-ALT-DELETE. Windows came up with a "Java SE runtime has failed" or something of the like.

Well this is out of my memory, - I may have missed something as I was quite tense  :mrgreen:

Cheers
Best regards
Kurt

Hardy Heinlin

Anyone in here for another quick CPDLC test flight via Internet? :-)

I'm your controller.

No malfunctions, unless you wish any.

:-)