News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX loading stops before 100%

Started by topnumber, Fri, 8 Aug 2014 08:24

topnumber

What a great feeling to finally get PSX, so exciting.
currently running windows 7, triple screen on 2 gtx 670 cards. I updated java and went to install Psx no problem.
Double click on the aerowinx start jar file and the Psx screen opens up and it hangs, it has loaded up to 12% and stops.
I have tried re installing and does the same thing, not sure where to go from here so if anyone has any advise that would be great.
Thanks in advance
Marc

hoppie changed the topic subject for reference

744kid

Quote from: topnumberI updated java
Marc, I had a similar problem, albeit on a Mac. The solution for me was to re-installl an earlier version of Java. It might be worth trying that. Good luck.

Hardy Heinlin

Quoteaerowinx start jar

Be sure to double-click on:
AerowinxStart.jar

Not:
Aerowinx.jar

topnumber

Hi Hardy
My typo it should have read aerowinx start.jar
Marc

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Marc,

OK, then be sure to use Java 1.7 and not a higher beta version.

|-|ardy

topnumber

Currently running Java version 7 update 67 build 1.7.0-67-b01 if that is any help

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: topnumberMy typo it should have read aerowinx start.jar
No, it's still not exact. We need to assure this 100% before we search further.

The correct file name is:

AerowinxStart.jar

If you start with "Aerowinx.jar" (or "Aerowinx") it will hang during loading.

|-|ardy

topnumber

I must be missing something here, I open up the Aerowinx folder on the desk top then scroll to last file named AerowinxStart and double click ,it then opens up the Psx screen, then hangs on about 12% loading
Many thanks for your patience I appreciate it.
Marc

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Please be exact on which percentage number it stops loading. This number is very important.

Hoppie

martin

Random thought: If it's on Win7, it's often about permissions.
(However, I have no idea, if write permissions are really an issue at the startup stage.)

How about moving the Aerowinx folder somewhere else where the user really has all permissions?
Not under C:\\Program Files, though, that is specially "protected" under Win7.

As PSX doesn't create Registry entries etc., it can easily be moved.

Good luck.

Martin

topnumber

Hi Hoppie
It stops loading at 12% I have installed it on a Mac for now so at least get to try it out, wow, fantastic.
Many thanks
Marc

Phil Bunch

Is it possible that antivirus software could be interfering with PSX?

Just a thought, probably not relevant, but it sometimes happens with other software installs.  My solution has been to temporarily turn off the antivirus software, turning it back on after the install completes.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

topnumber

I will give that a go shortly , worth trying anything at this point.
Many thanks
Marc

topnumber

Finally sorted, a re load of windows and all woks well, thank goodness.
Thank you to all for your advice and happy flying    
Marc

martin

Congratulations!  :D

Just out of curiosity (and for the benefit of future cases):
What exactly do you mean by "reload of Windows"?

Rebooting the computer?
Re-installing Windows?  :shock:
Something special with multiple boot options perhaps?

Cheers,
Martin

topnumber

Martin,
I re installed windows 7, after trying it on an older windows 7 pc which I will also be using it worked Ok. So out of frustration I re installed windows 7 on the main pc.
I am now trying to get Psx to recognise USB ch yoke and pedals, not having much luck.
I must admit Psx looks fantastic over 3 screens, the mind boggles at the options, mmm touch screen for the overhead could be on the cards.
Marc

martin

Thanks for the details, Marc.

And in case you haven't seen it yet: There's another thread going on here about USB device recognition.

Cheers,
Martin

Mundyas

Hi
On return from holiday I thought I would run PSX.

When loading it keot stopping at 71%.

It took me a while but I cured the problem by checking the audio; the headphones were not connected properly, I had accidentally disconnected them. Solution connect them back to the computer and I can fly again.

Headphones seemed to be faulty so this did not work, so tried again with another headphone. Success. (Double Whammy!!)

Pre-Flight Checklist. Check audio working!!
I do remember vaguely reading about audio/ sound board on this forum.

So do not go on holiday and leave the faulty headphones out of the audio socket.

Happy flying.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just adding: normally simple analog headphones don't interfere with PSX as the computer won't even "know" they are not plugged in.  But two things may happen that still interfere:

1. Some computers sense what you stick into a jack and reconfigure their audio hardware.

2. USB headphones obviously reconfigure something as well.

Reconfigured USB hardware may throw PSX off and, such as in this case, even may make it lock up.  The % indicator then will give a rather precise indication where exactly the hang takes place, so it is relevant.

Hoppie

Phil Bunch

Agreeing with Hoppie on his item 1 - my Win7 PC recently shut down my audio output and speaker output when I accidentally unplugged my normal analog 2-channel audio cable.  I thought that an analog audio output wouldn't be monitored by a computer, but clearly I was wrong. If I were to plug in a 7-channel analog speaker system, it would sense that, too, and automatically configure it, or at least try to do that.

It's often difficult to track down problems when they show up.  A simple unplugged or partially plugged in cable will provide many confusing error reports and system reconfigurations.  PSX of course can only do so much to work around user mistakes like that.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch