News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Mac OS X v10.10 Yosemite

Started by 744kid, Wed, 6 Aug 2014 12:01

744kid

PSX arrived but I've hit a hiccup in installation. I've got the beta of the new Yosemite operating system on my Mac, which is an unsupported platform for Java 7, and therefore the AerowinxStart.jar file will not run. I've updated to a beta of Java 8, which is recommended for users of 10.10, but still no luck.

Any suggestions? If I can't get this to run under Java 8 and OS 10.10, I'll have to go back to an earlier version of the operating system but I'd rather not do that.

Very frustrating. It's here. It's installed. But I can't run it. Aghhhhhh!

Hardy Heinlin

My suggestion is: Stop your Yosemite beta test, stop your Java 8 beta test, and use the established stable systems mentioned in the PSX System Requirements.

Regards,

|-|ardy

744kid

I was afraid you were going to say that!

Oh dear, I'll have to wait until tonight to go back to an earlier version of my operating system.  :'(

Thanks for the confirmation, Hardy.

744kid

Success! Without uninstalling OS 10.10. I've installed an earlier version of Java and PSX now runs  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

The Java I installed was here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Phew!

PSX looks amazing but I've got to return to work :(  :(

Hardy, even the quickest of glances shows me how far this has progressed from PS1.3. I can't wait to play with this tonight. More later...