News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

vnangli

Quote from: jcomm on Sat,  9 May 2020 16:53
@vnangli,

please post your XView.cfg

Please see my previous post. Now, this is the CFG file which was modified before starting xplane 11 and PSX. The file was then saved and made READ ONLY.

I edited this post and here are some of findings, interesting ones and seem to be satisfactory to my expectations (about Xplane 11)

1) Moved the Xview plugin from within the PSX aircraft's plugins folder to "X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins"
2) Loaded the Xview 747 (while AEROWINX PSX was already running). To my surprise, the Xview 747 was flying perfectly now. I mean no nose diving. And I didnt have to OVERWRITE the DATAREF and all that stuff
3) Intentionally, loaded one of the other aircraft (a Boeing 737) in Xplane 11. Xview plugin was driving the Boeing 737 as well.
4) I disabled the Xview plugin (for the Boeing 737) from the "PLUGINS" pull down menu. The Boeing 737 was no more affected by Xview plugin...You have to RELOAD PLUGINS after disabling Xview though
5) Switched the airplane back to Xview 747 from Boeing 737. It was on the ground..Thats because Xview was disabled during Boeing 737 usage
6) Enabled the Xview plugin, RELOADED PLUGINS...Bingo, the Xview 747 was in sync with AEROWINX PSX.

So, I believe this works for me and am satisfied with Xplane 11's behavior...

Phew.....It took a while though....to figure out.
747 is not an airplane, it is a symbol of inspiration....

cagarini

@vnangli

Regarding your configuration file and described tests:

a) Since you are using PSX and XP11 on the same PC, set all IPs to 127.0.0.1, instead of those two LAN addresses I see in the CFG ( 10.0.1.39 );

b) XView is specifically meant to be used ** only ** with the PSX Airplane, a modified XP10 Boeing 747-400 model. If you load a different model, like the default XP11 747 or another add-on, weird stuff can happen, like the hypoxia effect ...

c) I assumed you were already starting both the Normal and Boost servers on PSX, hence my other post which Hardy promptly replied;

d) Now that it is working, you should move the XView plugin folder from the Main XP11 plugins into the PSX Airplane plugins folder so that whenever you load XP11 to use it without PSX it works properly ( the XView plugin will not be loaded ).

vnangli

Quote from: jcomm on Sat,  9 May 2020 18:22
@vnangli

a) Since you are using PSX and XP11 on the same PC, set all IPs to 127.0.0.1, instead of those two LAN addresses I see in the CFG ( 10.0.1.39 );

b) XView is specifically meant to be used ** only ** with the PSX Airplane, a modified XP10 Boeing 747-400 model. If you load a different model, like the default XP11 747 or another add-on, weird stuff can happen, like the hypoxia effect ...

c) I assumed you were already starting both the Normal and Boost servers on PSX, hence my other post which Hardy promptly replied;

a) Well, the IP address I have entered there (in the CFG file) are the ones I picked up from AEROWINX (>PREFERENCES>BASICS). I will try with the option suggested by you and report back

b) The hypoxia effect was happening with Xview PSX. And it was noticed in the other models as well (default XP11 747 and SSG 747-8)

c) Yes, I have set my PREFERENCES in AEROWINX to "START WITH MAIN SERVER : ON" and "START WITH BOOST SERVER : ON"

I changed CFG file
from
BOOST_ADDRESS = "10.0.1.39 : 10749"   ; IP address
MAIN_ADDRESS  = "10.0.1.39 : 10747"   ; IP address
RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address

to
BOOST_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10749"   ; IP address
MAIN_ADDRESS  = "127.0.0.1 : 10747"   ; IP address
RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address

1) Moved back the Xview plugin to Xview 747's aircraft folder from Xplane 11/resources/plugin.

2) Restarted XPlane 11, and loaded Xview 747. The plane was in a nosedive mode
But this time, I RELOADED PLUGINS (Plugins>DataRefTool>Reload plugins) instead of the RELOAD THE CURRENT AIRCRAFT AND ART  under DEVELOPER pulldown menu.

Result : Bingo....The plane was in normal cruising mode and not nose diving anymore.

At this point, my curiousity didnt subside. So, I chose to RELOAD THE CURRENT AIRCRAFT AND ART under DEVELOPER pulldown menu...Blackout did happen...

cagarini

Well,

thx for reporting back... I am out of any additional cues for now :-)

Maybe the latest betas of XP11.50 changed something regarding the datarefs, and the hypoxia effect isn't bypassed by XView ?

vnangli

Quote from: jcomm on Sat,  9 May 2020 20:43
Well,

thx for reporting back... I am out of any additional cues for now :-)

Maybe the latest betas of XP11.50 changed something regarding the datarefs, and the hypoxia effect isn't bypassed by XView ?

How does Xplane 11 behave on your side, especially if you RELOAD CURRENT AIRCRAFT AND ART (under DEVELOPER pull down menu) after the Xview 747 has already been running?

cagarini

Quote from: vnangli on Sat,  9 May 2020 23:59

How does Xplane 11 behave on your side, especially if you RELOAD CURRENT AIRCRAFT AND ART (under DEVELOPER pull down menu) after the Xview 747 has already been running?

Well... can't tell because I don't even have XP11 installed anyomore :-/

Had to find disk to load DCS World WW2 ... and I have a small SSD :-/

RogerH

I know it's a simple one, but always worth checking the basic stuff - I assume you have "simulate blackout. redout & hypoxia effects" unchecked in the Xplane 11 Settings/General tab?

Sorry if this is too basic, but I get caught by stuff like that all the time :-)

vnangli

Quote from: RogerH on Sun, 10 May 2020 17:10
I know it's a simple one, but always worth checking the basic stuff - I assume you have "simulate blackout. redout & hypoxia effects" unchecked in the Xplane 11 Settings/General tab?

Sorry if this is too basic, but I get caught by stuff like that all the time :-)
Quote from: jcomm on Sun, 10 May 2020 00:18
Quote from: vnangli on Sat,  9 May 2020 23:59

Well... can't tell because I don't even have XP11 installed anyomore :-/

Had to find disk to load DCS World WW2 ... and I have a small SSD :-/

@jcomm,

@RogerH's check worked....

Here is the sequence of my testing
1) AEROWINX PSX started, Main server on, Boost server on
2) Xplane 11 started, Xview 747 was loaded and the plane was nosediving at this point (please note, the Xview plugin is located in the path \Heavy metal\PSX\Plugins and "NOT" in the Xplane 11\resources\plugins
3) RELOADED PLUGINS from the Plugins pulldown menu. The plane was cruizing at that point and not nosediving anymore
4) Earlier (before I unchecked the "simulate blackout. redout & hypoxia effects" in the Xplane 11's Settings/General tab), I would have seen the blackout in the Xplane 11 once I would have "RELOADED CURRENT AIRCRAFT and ART" under Developer pulldown menu
5) Today, I unchecked (after @RogerH's suggestion) the "simulate blackout. redout & hypoxia effects". That fixed it, I believe
6) No more blackouts, I verified it (RELOAD CURRENT AIRCRAFT AND ART under DEVELOPER pulldown menu) multiple times in Xplane 11

Hey, @jcomm and @RogerH...thank you both...

RogerH

kwieser76

Hi all,

Is there a trick to get the Groundspeed visible.
If I'm online (Vatsim) my groundspeed is not shown to the Controller.

The rest works fine

thx for help

Kurt
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Dirk Schepmann

Hi Kurt,

This is a known limitation, but as far as I know it's not a big deal for most controllers.

Cheers,
Dirk

kwieser76

Quote from: Dirk Schepmann on Sat, 27 Jun 2020 18:09
Hi Kurt,

This is a known limitation, but as far as I know it's not a big deal for most controllers.

Cheers,
Dirk

Thanks Dirk
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Hammerstan

Quote from: Hammerstan on Sun,  5 Apr 2020 11:36
I tested xp11.50b1 (vulkan beta) with Xview + xSquawkbox 2.0 + AFV standalone client during CTP this weekend:

- Vulkan works well and does delivers FPS improvement/reduced stutters (my PCs are running 2 and 3 screen set ups using GTX1080s).  Third party scenery seems to be fine.

- Xview had no issues connecting

- xSquawkbox v2.0 + AFV audio worked fine however other aircraft were not being rendered.  The xSquawkbox website (https://xsb.xsquawkbox.net/) suggests an update to v3.0 is in the works to be vulkan compatible

- Ground speed is still not being registered on most clients when using xView +xSquawkbox + AFV standalone client

As an update to the above Vulkan (XP11.50b) continues to work extremely well.  I am now running 3x 4K monitors off a single GTX2080S (+i7 8700k) and getting around 50fps.  The only issue I have faced is that xSquawkbox 2.1 doesn't render VATSIM traffic (v3.0 should fix this).  PilotEdge client now fully works.  Very satisfied.

cagarini

I believe as soon as a bridge between PSX and MFS becomes available, we will finally have a flawless integration of VATSIM...

Not to talk about the superb graphics...

Ton van Bochove

Please some advise guys. I want to order a second computer because PSX + X plane and a MCP, CDU with a few add-one make my single old laptop stutter. This new computer should contain X-Plane (vulcan ready) and a PSX client version ( CDU). Further more the new MSFS 2020 should work (very) well ....for you never know :-)

I have read many forums, watched a whole lot of youtube films .....but it is very confusing. You guys know PSX and X Plane (with Vulcan) so I appreciate if you wil share your experience and give me some hints what to buy.

If I highjack this thread than the moderator can change it to a separate thread ?!
Ton

cagarini

Ton,

my best advice - wait for MFS, forget XP...

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: jcomm on Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:40
Ton,

I agree with you that it looks fantastic and probably I will transfer ( if it is connectable with PSX...any progress yet?). But until that time I need a computer that works (very) well with XPlane and will work with MSFS 2020. What configuration you have?
Ton

cagarini

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:49
Quote from: jcomm on Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:40
Ton,

I agree with you that it looks fantastic and probably I will transfer ( if it is connectable with PSX...any progress yet?). But until that time I need a computer that works (very) well with XPlane and will work with MSFS 2020. What configuration you have?

A rather old one, but MFS runs at 30 with properly tuned settings...

i5 2500 @ 3,3GHz ( boost mode, otherwise 3,0 GHz ), GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 GPU, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 2 240 GB SSDs ( 4 yo ), on Win 10 Pro 64.

I only have MFS installed in my F: partition right now, because it occupies a good deal of it.

Ton van Bochove

Thanks J comm: I have some reference now
Ton

Hammerstan

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Tue, 28 Jul 2020 13:13
Please some advise guys. I want to order a second computer because PSX + X plane and a MCP, CDU with a few add-one make my single old laptop stutter. This new computer should contain X-Plane (vulcan ready) and a PSX client version ( CDU). Further more the new MSFS 2020 should work (very) well ....for you never know :-)

i7 + GTX1070/1080 or  GTX2070/2080 if you can