News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

18hazelwood

Hello everyone,

Has anyone got a british airways livery that they would share with me for xp11.
I am not good with repaints of the net, I don't want to tamper with the xview psx plane that is working, but don't want the American airways livery.

can anyone zip me up a working xview ba plane??

thanks steve

asboyd

Please be aware that Mike has stopped development on this add-on. The version on my dropbox was the last one published and so far nothing new has been provided.

Mike may provide something if he ever gets a chance but sometimes life gets in the way of all things.....

Best regards,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

18hazelwood

Many thanks for letting me know this.

Kind Regards
Steve.

Swiso

Just to know, anybody still use XView successfully ?
Which plane you use on XPlane ? PSX Plane or the default X Plane 11 B744 ?
I stil have problems... I use the PSX Plane but when taxiing on an airfield, instead of going forward the plane (XPlane) go backward...
That's a pity..
Would like to know what settings you guys use on the plugin...
Maybe I have some setting wrong..
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Sebastian

Quote from: Swiso on Fri,  7 Dec 2018 14:04
Just to know, anybody still use XView successfully ?
Which plane you use on XPlane ? PSX Plane or the default X Plane 11 B744 ?
I stil have problems... I use the PSX Plane but when taxiing on an airfield, instead of going forward the plane (XPlane) go backward...
That's a pity..
Would like to know what settings you guys use on the plugin...
Maybe I have some setting wrong..
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Both, PSX Plane and default XP11 - and successfully so (despite the turn radius on taxi thing)!
Your description is quite familiar.
How do you setup your flight? Do you set a gate/parking position in PSX? Did you check the plane orientation in any outside view of XP? Does the XP orientation match the PSX orientation?
If I choose a gate position and then start XP, I'll run into a similar issue with the actual XP orientation sideways or opposite. Instead, whenever I want to start a completely new flight at a different location I choose a RWY position in PSX, then start XP. Somehow there PSX and XP are properly aligned. Then I do a quick taxi to the gate of my choice and set the panel state that i want. From there on I start my actual flight preparation. It's a 5-minute workaround. Most of the times I just continue from where I've left off before, and in XP I choose resume last flight, so I don't run into that situation to begin with.
But whenever I start from somewhere else and I follow that procedure, it works flawlessly.
I never dug in to figure out where it comes from or why.
My settings in the plugin are - if I remember correctly - just as described in the manual.

Hope this helps...
Regards,
Sebastian

Peter Lang

Hi,

I use the PSX 747 delivered with Xview without problems.

My xview.cfg here as shown. Your IP adresses should be set to your boost server PC and probably are different to mine shown below. I remember, that somewhere in the past there were issues with the interpolation setting. It is recommended to have this unchecked. But in my setup there is no difference between on and off.

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Thu Dec 06 19:48:47 2018"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
BOOST_ADDRESS = "192.168.178.32 : 10749"   ; IP address
MAIN_ADDRESS  = "192.168.178.32 : 10747"   ; IP address
RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address
RELAY_BOOST_DATA = FALSE    ; Set to true if XView relays boost data
SMOOTH_TRAJECTORY = FALSE   ; Extrapolate between PSX updates (default: FALSE)
DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE       ; Animate external parts, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)
DO_LIGHTS = TRUE           ; Animate lights (default: TRUE)
DO_WEATHER = FALSE          ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane weather
DO_COMMS = TRUE            ; Set true if PSX  sets X-Plane comms
DO_TIME = TRUE             ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane time
SIDE_VIEWS = FALSE          ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle
USE_BOOST_SERVER = TRUE    ; Set to TRUE to use Boost server - the normal setting
PSX_TRAFFIC = 4         ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
USE_PSX_TRAFFIC = FALSE     ; Set true if PSX drives the traffic aircraft
USE_XP_TRAFFIC =  TRUE     ; Set true if XP drives the traffic aircraft
INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE    ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server

Have you checked your views in X-plane? "W" Button should bring you in the left seat with view ahaed.

Hope this helps
Peter

Swiso

Thank you very much !
When back home I will try your suggestions.
Let's hope it will work!
Thank you.

Swiso

Here I am...
Today I tried a couple of times... as suggested by Sebastian and a "normal" way ( setting airport/gate in PSX) and then loading in this order:
BACARS
PSX.NET
XP 11

Both times the plane was on right spot and taxiing around the airfield was correct...
I really don't know why, suddenly, right now it work...

Here is my XView.cfg :

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Sat Dec  8 17:44:08 2018"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
BOOST_ADDRESS = "192.168.8.23 : 10749"   ; IP address
MAIN_ADDRESS  = "192.168.8.23 : 10747"   ; IP address
RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address
RELAY_BOOST_DATA = FALSE    ; Set to true if XView relays boost data
SMOOTH_TRAJECTORY = FALSE   ; Extrapolate between PSX updates (default: FALSE)
DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE       ; Animate external parts, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)
DO_LIGHTS = TRUE           ; Animate lights (default: TRUE)
DO_WEATHER = FALSE          ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane weather
DO_COMMS = TRUE            ; Set true if PSX  sets X-Plane comms
DO_TIME = TRUE             ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane time
SIDE_VIEWS = FALSE          ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle
USE_BOOST_SERVER = TRUE    ; Set to TRUE to use Boost server - the normal setting
PSX_TRAFFIC = 3         ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
USE_PSX_TRAFFIC = FALSE     ; Set true if PSX drives the traffic aircraft
USE_XP_TRAFFIC =  TRUE     ; Set true if XP drives the traffic aircraft
INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE    ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server

I tried both BOOST and MAIN server with default IP address ( since I run PSX and XP11 on same PC and 1 display only)  : 127.0.0.1 instead of 192.168.8.23 and it work withuout problem too...

Tried only with PSX plane..
But so far so good.
Thats really strange, but thanks god right now it work !

Thank you very much for the suggestions !

Swiso

Quote from: 18hazelwood on Sun, 11 Nov 2018 19:02
Hello everyone,

Has anyone got a british airways livery that they would share with me for xp11.
I am not good with repaints of the net, I don't want to tamper with the xview psx plane that is working, but don't want the American airways livery.

can anyone zip me up a working xview ba plane??

thanks steve

Steve, look here : https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/category/2-aircraft-skins-liveries/
In particular:
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/15660-default-xp10-b747-british-airways-oneworld/
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/35472-british-airways-747-default-xp11/
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/44013-british-airways-landor-default-xp10xp11-747-400/
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/19725-british-airways-for-javier-rollons-747-400/
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/15431-british-airways-freight-for-747-400-xp10-fictional/

Installing them could be a little tricky...if you want, contact me (click the letter sign below the picture in my profile) and I can send you what you need.

Hammerstan

Is xView working successfully with XP11.30 / XP11.31?

I dont want to upgrade from XP11.26 and find I cant turn back if xView isnt working.

GodAtum

As this add-on isnt being developed anymore, I've been thinking about putting a job advert on freelancer.com for someone to update it.

cagarini

Quote from: GodAtum on Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:30
As this add-on isnt being developed anymore, I've been thinking about putting a job advert on freelancer.com for someone to update it.

Make it a AeroflyFS2 or even Flight Gear port too :-)

Gary Oliver

Godatum,

Well I did install x-plane yesterday to do some development for new VATSIM voice... I have to say its not as feral as I first thought.

Who knows once voice is out Mark Barnes and I might find a new project.

Cheers
G

RRVyper

Quote from: Hammerstan on Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:49
Is xView working successfully with XP11.30 / XP11.31?

I dont want to upgrade from XP11.26 and find I cant turn back if xView isnt working.

Like you I was a bit leery of updating so made a copy of the XPlane11 folder and used the installer to update one of them to v11.30. If you have the room, it's the way to go. I didn't do it for Xview reasons, though. I never was happy with Xview - I kept having issues with the plane being wildly unstable just sitting on the ground. I found P3D to work better for me.

Randy

GodAtum

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:06
Godatum,

Well I did install x-plane yesterday to do some development for new VATSIM voice... I have to say its not as feral as I first thought.

Who knows once voice is out Mark Barnes and I might find a new project.

Cheers
G

Nice, looking forward to Vatsim Voice  :) The problem people have with Xview/XP11 is that it reports speed and altitude incorrectly to xsquawkbox.

Toga

X-plane is the future Gary!

Gary Oliver

Toga,

We will have to respectfully agree to disagree there :-)

Cheers
G

cavaricooper

FWIW I concur- LM's stapler budget is bigger than Austin's annual revenues (a bit of literary license).  In addition, several nations militaries are using P3D for training scenarios.  I believe development will continue...

I am always surprised by the fervor of XPL fans... I subscribe to the "sim whatever way works for you" mentality....

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Toga

I find it hard to believe militaries use P3D for anything more than CBT.

G-CIVA

Quote from: Toga on Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:55
I find it hard to believe militaries use P3D for anything more than CBT.

What is your abbreviation of CBT?

I can assure you (from personal experience) it is a very effective way of teaching the procedural concepts behind the command & control difficulties of operating in a high intensity 'warfighting' environment.

It is an essential but very cost effective step on the cumulative training ladder towards large scale exercises utilising all the equipment in real time.

https://www.itec.co.uk/exhibitor-press-releases/lockheed-martin-receives-two-year-combined-arms-tactical-trainer-interim-support-contract

Its like a gigantic simulator for large military formations.
Steve Bell
aka The CC