News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

Flex

is there any way to display your lat/long position in x-plane to show 6 digits? That way you could enable xview after pushback.

Mark

Quote from: Hammerstan on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:07
I now have PSX + XP11 working extremely well across networked PCs.

Some videos: https://www.twitch.tv/hammerstan

Looking at the videos; the bottom corners of the visuals are really jerky. Is this a twitch transcode issue or is the source like this?

To my knowledge, ExternalSim is the only scenery bridge that directly solves this jerkiness - it's not enough to simply take the PSX boost output and hard-inject position updates as there is a synchronization boundary to overcome between the PSX frame rate and the scenery generator frame rate.

GodAtum

PS.NET works regardless of simulator, I'm using it in Xplane 11.

Hammerstan

Quote from: Mark on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:42

Looking at the videos; the bottom corners of the visuals are really jerky. Is this a twitch transcode issue or is the source like this?

I suspect it is twitch given my bandwidth settings.  The altitude tape on ascent / descent also has jerkiness. Live it is silky smooth, or at least I don't detect any jerkiness, unless frames drop in high density airports.  I have the PSX boost server on the same PC as XP11.

Hammerstan

Quote from: GodAtum on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:40

Thanks, I didn't appreciate this. 

Flex

I don't find xview to be as smooth as silk. It's not bad but it's not silk.

JohnH

Quote from: GodAtum on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:40

Are you referring to PSX.NET or PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim?

I can't see how ExternalSim would work in XP11 as the install makes changes to the aircraft.cfg file and also adds files to the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder and the AppData folder which XP11 does not have?

John

GodAtum

PSX.NET which I think has the pushback feature in the centre CDU.

Hammerstan

Quote from: GodAtum on Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:28
PSX.NET which I think has the pushback feature in the centre CDU.

To be clear are you referring to the pushback feature of PSX.NET which I now understand is a standalone software bridge to PSX which has a pushback interface, or BACARS?  If BACARS where is the pushback menu in the centre CDU?

Really great add-ons Gary and co have developed, but I'm on the start of the learning curve right now as I migrate my sim from P3D/Project Magenta to PSX/XP11.

Martinis

Hi all, especially Mike and Matthias (see quotes),

I figured out how PilotEdge might work with the PE_groundspeed.txt and I am looking for the mentioned version of XView with dataref of the ground speed. Can anyone of you provide me this version of the XView win.xpl?

Else, more located probably at the developer forum, anyone has an idea how I can build my own plugin at x-plane to provide a dataref for the ground speed in order to get Pilot Edge running?

Else I should probably buy Prepare3d, which I never wanted to  :), because it seems to work with it.

Thanks and always happy landings
Martin

Quote from: mgeiss on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 07:17
Keith from PE was kind enough to follow my request and the current Pilotedge-Client has the ability to read the groundpseed from a custom dataref. In order to make this work, you need to place a "PE_groundspeed.txt" file in the root folder of the aircraft that you are using with XView.

I don't have time at hte moment to check out the details, but I'm sure it's just a matter of providing the name of the custom dataref. I also guess that the DR should provide the GS in the same format as X-Plane itself.

Mike, does XView already have a DR for the GS available or else could you sneak that in a future update? Thank you!

Quote from: mikeindevon on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 11:12
Hi Matthias,

I have a version of XView that has a groundspeed dr.  It is xview/groundspeed.  I can email the win.xpl if you like.

Mike

Kurt

Wooow!!

Just got a new PC (I7-8700K @ 5GHZ with all the good stuff in) and had to try X-View with X-Plane 11.

Runs the scenery just as smooth as X-Plane stand alone on my rig with PSX boost server on the same machine (PSX locked at 72hz with NO purple bar at all showing up) X-Plane set to max detail with 4xSSAA Anti-aliasing..

BIG thank you for developing this add-on.

C
Best regards
Kurt

hunijjang

Quote from: Kurt on Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:02
Wooow!!

Just got a new PC (I7-8700K @ 5GHZ with all the good stuff in) and had to try X-View with X-Plane 11.

Runs the scenery just as smooth as X-Plane stand alone on my rig with PSX boost server on the same machine (PSX locked at 72hz with NO purple bar at all showing up) X-Plane set to max detail with 4xSSAA Anti-aliasing..

BIG thank you for developing this add-on.

C

Hello Kurt!

What type you using to the GPU? 1080TI?

Could you tell me your PC specs?  :)

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Toga

Has anyone figured out how to get PSX to display GS in xplane yet?

Captain_Crow

Hi,
PSX plane seems not to work in X-Plane 11.20, X-plane crashes here on my system.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

Steffen

-->0:08:24.680 D/STM: Transitioning from state state_Normal to state_NormalLoading
G64: 504.588: Calling OnAircraftUnload:(Aircraft/Laminar Research/Cessna 172SP/)
0:08:24.680 I/ACF: Loading airplane number 0 with Aircraft/PSX Plane/747-400 United.acf
G64: 505.406:  Aircraft File: (Aircraft/PSX Plane/747-400 United.acf)
G64: 505.433:       MD5 Hash: (3634f4d63c5a7e0f43377f21baf01537)
G64: 505.433:    Description: (The biggest airliner flying: The mighty 747. This craft was initially designed as a freighter! Not airliner!)
G64: 505.433:         Author: (Mohammad Gazzawi / Sergio Santagada / Javier Rollon Jrollon Planes (www.Jrollon.com) v.1.1)
G64: 505.433: Plugin Mode: Community Edition
G64: 505.441: Boot Count: 3
G64: 505.980: Run: OnKickStart..
Fetching plugins for D:\X-Plane 11/Aircraft/PSX Plane/plugins

Warning: D:\X-Plane 11/Aircraft/PSX Plane/plugins/XView/64/win.xpl Signature: XView Michael Bradbury. (A version of this plugin is already loaded.) <---

Captain_Crow

Ha, found two xview installations on my system. One in the general plugin folder and one in the plugin folder of PSX Plane. Deleted the one in the general folder and it seems to work now...

Best
Steffen

Swiso

I had PSX and XPlane 11 working very well and without problems for quite some time now..
A couple of days ago I flew from LSZH to KSFO...it took me a couple of days to complete the flight (when  I had to go to work, I put PSX on pause).
All went well, except the fact that when I came back from work and exited "pause", I saw in X Plane ( I was in external view and behind the 744) that the plane continued its flight in a nose down attitude....almost vertical nose down, but moving forward.
I noticed that if I put XPlane in pause, the plane would straight back in the correct attitude, so I opted to continue the flight this way...I managed to land correctly in KSFO.

Next time I started PSX and XPlane, it looked like PSX and XPlane are not in sync in regard to the position coords.
At almost any airport/gate, the plane is always in a wrong spot....most of the times inside the gate building...

Anybody has an idea as to why or what cause this problem ?

The only "change" I made between the two flights was updating X-Plane 11 HD Mesh Scenery v3 to version 4.
I reverted back to version 3 but the problem remain, so I dont think its related to this addon.

Zapp

Exactly the same problem here: it seems the plugin is unable to feed the correct values for aircraft orientation now, probably something has been changed in X-Plane. Too bad.

Andrea

b744erf

Same same. It happen if we use the PSX747 model.  But I found that the problem solved if we use the default XP 11 747 model.   I know so that  we can't see the landing lights on the runway anymore.  But at least we can fly normally.

Swiso

Quote from: Jack love 744ERF on Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:40
Same same. It happen if we use the PSX747 model.  But I found that the problem solved if we use the default XP 11 747 model.   I know so that  we can't see the landing lights on the runway anymore.  But at least we can fly normally.

Hey, thank you for this solution !
Good to know !

GodAtum

Quote from: Jack love 744ERF on Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:40

I am using this model with the latest XP11 and works brilliantly https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0vsfrs8oo95qtn/AAC_kWeIBa7MQ0dUuH5pIHFla?dl=0