News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

JohnH

Quote from: Dennis B on Sat,  9 Dec 2017 17:17
hiding under "Downloads" on your website.

Best regards
Dennis

glad you got it working, however it's not my website it belongs to Mike aka MikeinDevon

John

cavaricooper

I currently use a similar display for my forward view... works like a treat... using Prepar3D... but ought to be very similar with XPL.

The overhead and MIP/Pedestal are on other monitors to my right.

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Swiso

Nice !
Which display model it is ?
I guess the new Asus display will cost an arm and a leg....

cavaricooper

It's a 65" 4K Sony XBR2- works beautifully, and was quite reasonable...

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Flex

Any update on a native XP11 version? I'd prefer not to bother with P3D if possible.

Bastien

hello,
I'm using a setup like cavaricooper with PSX and Xview/XP11 on 55" 4K LG TV !
It's working very well ;)
Even PSX alone on the full 4K screen is really impressive !
Bye
Bastien

Phil Bunch

Does it require substantially increased load on the CPU or GPU to operate standalone PSX with a 4K display?  Should I expect the fps with standalone PSX (no external scenery) to change if I obtain a 4K monitor?
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

evaamo

Phil,

I haven't noticed any FPS drop using native PSX in 4k.

I do have an Nvidia 1080TI tho'...

It's 72fps 95% of the time, with slight drops to 60-65 when panning around, but it's hardly noticeable.

Hope this helps.
cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

Bastien

Quote from: Phil Bunch on Tue,  6 Feb 2018 19:35
Does it require substantially increased load on the CPU or GPU to operate standalone PSX with a 4K display?  Should I expect the fps with standalone PSX (no external scenery) to change if I obtain a 4K monitor?

Phil,
Before the 4K screen, I had a Full HD 27".
I haven't seen any performance issue
Regards
Bastien

GodAtum

been trying XP11 and PSX, works well but it does not report altitude, speed etc correctly in XFSUIPC.

Flex

Does anyone achieve smooth performance using xview? I've tried P3D and got sick of it within 15 mins.

CarlBB

With the acknowledgement and gratitude of all of the authors of the interfaces to the scenery generators firstly stated, my experience is PSX.NET. is more fluid than xview.

florismulock

mine xview doesnt work anymore, i wanted to retry aerowinx with x plane but unfortunally it doesnit work.i updated the x plane and added ixeg 737 aswell.

the xview isnt shown anymore in the addons, could the ixeg 737 mess the file up?

CarlBB

Not sure as I have a separate X-Plane 11 for PSX.
I shortcut back to Ortho so the overhead is not very high.
Reason I do this is back in X-Plane 10 I had something strange when using my main sim with xview. Doubt there is anything wrong, but for me it just feels right to keep my regular XP away from PSX scenery gen.
- Carl

Hammerstan

I now have PSX + XP11 working extremely well across networked PCs.

Some videos: https://www.twitch.tv/hammerstan
No add-ons to XP11 other than Ortho4Xp and some airport scenery. 

A few gremlins:

(1) XSquawkbox cannot read my airspeed (set to nil) - Is Mike still working on a fix with Laminar?

(2) I can't send altitude and airspeed to Flight Illusion gauges - Flight Illusion advised that Hardy would need to build a PSX/Flight Illusion bridge (Flight Illusion would not work on it).  They offered free gauges to Hardy if this helped.

(3) A pushback function via the FMC would be handy

GodAtum

Quote from: Hammerstan on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:07
I now have PSX + XP11 working extremely well across networked PCs.

Some videos: https://www.twitch.tv/hammerstan
No add-ons to XP11 other than Ortho4Xp and some airport scenery. 

A few gremlins:

(1) XSquawkbox cannot read my airspeed (set to nil) - Is Mike still working on a fix with Laminar?

(2) I can't send altitude and airspeed to Flight Illusion gauges - Flight Illusion advised that Hardy would need to build a PSX/Flight Illusion bridge (Flight Illusion would not work on it).  They offered free gauges to Hardy if this helped.

Amazing setup, what screens and cockpit hardware do you use?

For point 3, I recommend Gary's PSX addon, which adds a center CDU pushback option.

mgeiss

Quote from: Hammerstan on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:07
If you don't mind having to call an X-Plane plugin for pushback, I would highly recommend using BetterPushback. You can set up the pushback path and end position very precisely. Even "multi-leg" pushbacks can be set up easily.

https://github.com/skiselkov/BetterPushbackC/releases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H0sucua2Wc

But you need to try if it works with Xview, because I don't know if
a) it can do the pushback when X-Plane's flight model is disabled. I use Better Pushback in X-Plane 10 and 11, but I'm not using Xview so I can't tell...
b) Xview submits the changes in lat/long and heading to PSX or if it's strictly one-way.
Cheers,
Matthias

Hammerstan

Quote from: GodAtum on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:30
Amazing setup, what screens and cockpit hardware do you use?

For point 3, I recommend Gary's PSX addon, which adds a center CDU pushback option.

Perhaps a discussion for another thread, but: 5 x 48inch LCD displays.  Hardware is a combination of home built machined aluminium/perspex components, plus professional products (Flightdeck Solutions, Flight Illusion gauges, CP Flight MCP, Open Cockpits CDUs, 737yoke.com, Leobodnar input cards, Phidget output LED cards, Interface IT cards from Flightdeck Solutions).  I've recently procured a genuine glare shield and 747 throttle quadrant to replace my home built TQ.

I've heard about pushback via Gary's PSX.net (for P3D) but I'm using XView for XP11.

Hammerstan

Quote from: mgeiss on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 04:05
If you don't mind having to call an X-Plane plugin for pushback, I would highly recommend using BetterPushback. You can set up the pushback path and end position very precisely. Even "multi-leg" pushbacks can be set up easily.

Thanks, but I don't believe Better Pushback can force XP11 to output via XView to PSX.  One way only PSX->XView->XP11