News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

kuroneko

Hey, isn't it handy that the current XSquawkBox maintainer is on this forum... >_>  (Ben hasn't maintained XSB in quite some time).

Quote from: mikeindevon on Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:00
I am happy to develop some extensions to XView, but I am not happy to release the c++ source.

Well, that leaves me very unhappy with you until you start releasing binaries for all the platforms - XPlane is not all Windows - if it can run XPlane, it should be able to run the XView plugin - heck, all the existing XPlane platforms happily run PSX.

Quote from: mikeindevon on Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:00
1. Transfer of groundspeed to online controllers.  This is just not possible using the current X-Plane SDK as plugins cannot write to the groundspeed variable, only read it.  I have asked LR to change this but I doubt they will as it has the potential to wreck their flight model.  The only way to get round this in my view is for the online interface plugins to get the groundspeed directly from XView rather than X-Plane.  I believe that this could be achieved with inter-plugin communication (although I have never tried this) if I were to expose an XView dataref.  Clearly this requires somebody to modify the online interface plugins.

Expose this through custom datarefs and I can start to think about supporting it that way when present and active (make sure you have a dataref or other method for testing if the XView data-source is active).  I've been advising VATSIM users to not use XSB+Xview together because of this problem - I already have the VATSIM controllers breathing down my neck for TAS/GS errors created by XPlane model time dilation without XView users adding to this problem.

Unsure when I can get the XSB-side of the fixes in, but if the support is there in XView, there's little to stop me from fixing the other end when my current headaches with XSB (all related to VS2015 and libcurl) are fixed.

Can't comment on the Transponder problems - wasn't aware there was any.  If you use the published datarefs as per more recent XPlane, it should just work with XSB.

jos d.

Hi all,

I went through the whole  post but cannot find a link to the nview manual.
I would be grateful for any help.

Jos

NAVPI

Quote from: jos d. on Wed,  8 Mar 2017 19:02
Hi all,

I went through the whole  post but cannot find a link to the nview manual.
I would be grateful for any help.

Jos

http://www.larkshayes.com/index.php/psx-documents

jb747

Here's a link to the XView User Guide 11.01.  I don't know if it's the latest or not.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69177488/XView%20User%20Guide%20v1.01.pdf

Cheers,

Jon

jos d.

jensi76psx

Hi Mike,
thanks a lot for XView!!
On my system, XView had worked greatly with XP 10.

With XP 11 Public Beta 15, XView still works. But the XView dialog window is frozen once I open it (I cannot change the settings, I cannot move/close the dialog window).

LR stated in their Public Beta 14 notes: "Dataref and plugin bugs fixed–plugins that don't work need to file bugs ASAP!" (http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/).

Do you already know this issue?
Do we need to report the issue to LR?

Kind regards
Jens

kuroneko

Quote from: jensi76psx on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:14
With XP 11 Public Beta 15, XView still works. But the XView dialog window is frozen once I open it (I cannot change the settings, I cannot move/close the dialog window).

If you're using multihead, this is an X-Plane 11 bug - XSquawkBox also uses the XPLM Widgets and is similarly affected.

jensi76psx

On my system, X-Plane runs (only) on the secondary screen.

kuroneko

Quote from: jensi76psx on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:42
On my system, X-Plane runs (only) on the secondary screen.

It's all part of the same bug - in 11, plugins are getting window system native coordinates as far as I can tell, and not the per-window ones, so on my test system, where the 'primary' display is one right of the windows origin, if I click on the areas on the origin display corresponding to the dialogues, they respond.

We can't fix this at all - it needs either a new SDK, or some additional datarefs so we can translate the coordinates relative to the XPlane 'primary' display.  I have done some superficial poking around, but it doesn't seem like the details are exposed just yet.

jensi76psx

Do you know if LR is aware of this issue?

kuroneko

Quote from: jensi76psx on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:35
Do you know if LR is aware of this issue?

Yes - they explicitly mention it in the devblog re: pb14.

XP11 is a beta afterall - there are problems, and you should be reading the devblog to see what's changing, what's broken, and what's recently been fixed.

jensi76psx

Ok, thank you, I will check the devblog web page at the next opportunity.

I have another question to the community:

Sometimes, my PSX Plane induces a brown out (I guess, the dataref rel_brown_out was greater than 0).
This happened in the air at high altitude.

What is the reason for that?

Thanks a lot for explaining that to me.

Kind regards
Jens

jos d.

I have also a question. I can only download one single file from the website.
There is no "package", no custom b747 available.
What am I doing wrong?
I tried registering using the provided codes, but they are no longer valid.
Jos

kuroneko

Quote from: kuroneko on Wed,  8 Mar 2017 12:35
Expose this through custom datarefs and I can start to think about supporting it that way when present and active (make sure you have a dataref or other method for testing if the XView data-source is active).  I've been advising VATSIM users to not use XSB+Xview together because of this problem - I already have the VATSIM controllers breathing down my neck for TAS/GS errors created by XPlane model time dilation without XView users adding to this problem.

Unsure when I can get the XSB-side of the fixes in, but if the support is there in XView, there's little to stop me from fixing the other end when my current headaches with XSB (all related to VS2015 and libcurl) are fixed.

I sorted out the problems recently and I have managed to get XSquawkBox 1.3.2 out.  If you expose the GS via custom dataref, and provide a reliable test for me to confirm that XView is active, I should be able to fix this problem pretty quickly.

kuroneko

Quote from: kuroneko on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 03:30
Quote from: jensi76psx on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:14

If you're using multihead, this is an X-Plane 11 bug - XSquawkBox also uses the XPLM Widgets and is similarly affected.

XPlane 11pb16 just came out which claims it fixes the plugin widget bug.

jensi76psx

Yes, the widget bug seems to be fixed now.

I would like to provide you with an update regarding the "brown out" topic:

It's NOT the brown out (sim/operation/failures/rel_brown_out is equal to 0; if I set sim/operation/failures/rel_brown_out to 6, the REAL brown out gets active (which looks quite different)).

I will continue with my analysis.

Kind regards
Jens

kuroneko

Quote from: jensi76psx on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:24
I would like to provide you with an update regarding the "brown out" topic:

I'm personally willing to bet that it's actually the hypoxia blackout coming into effect.

Hypoxia blackout is now a default always-on in XP11, previously it could be disabled.

petdocvmd

Is the larkshayes site down?  can't seem to connect...

Update: Got into main page and able to obtain a single xpl file, but can't access via ftp to get zip with Xp aircraft, confit file, etc. I get the credentials box and enter those provided in this topic, but they don't seem to work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott
Scott L. Fausel, VMD

jensi76psx

Hello together

I am totally desperated:

What may cause this issue with X-Plane 11, PSX plane and XView: http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/brown_smoke_UL.png ?

Thanks a lot for your tips.

Regards
Jens