News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

asboyd

Peter,
Which 747 model are you using?

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

mikeindevon

Hi John and Peter,

The new release of XView is identical to the old with the exception of a new value for the scaling factor for landing lights that is applied to PSX output before injecting into XP.  I therefore think it is unlikely that these various problems are caused by XView, especially as it is ok with XP10.51

I suggest you try several times, starting PSX first.  It also helps to have XP load in the same scenery area as PSX so that it doesn't have to change sceneries part way through the start-up process.

Please keep me posted.

Mike

JohnH

Thanks for updating the program and your help today. My only issue is the beacon and strobe lights, I will give it a try again tomorrow.

John

Peter Lang

Hi John,

extrapolation is on. I will check it with off tonight.

Alex,

I use the model that came with the PSX_Plane.zip. Within X-Plane I did not change anything, except copying the new win.xpl into the .../Resources/Plugins/XView/64 folder. So, going back to the old win.xpl everything works as before, except the landing lights.

Mike,
my normal procedure is: first start PSX, then X-Plane.
When using the old win.xpl, the position of X-Plane is exactly the same as coming from PSX. After changing to new win.xpl the position of X-Plane is on the nearest runway, or at an another position, near the last position and it takes a very long time for X-Plane to find the PSX position. With the old win.xpl the positions match immediately.
But I will try several times tonight.

Thanks for your input.  :)
Peter

asboyd

Peter,
I use the PSX model as well and replaced the old win.xpl with Mike's new one. Everything seems to work OK.

I wonder if there may be a permission problem with your X-Plane... Is it installed on your desktop?
If so the system may not allow the new win.xpl to work correctly.
My X-plane directory is on a second ssd in my machine and I have full control as it is not a "personal" or "system" directory...

Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Peter Lang

Hi John,

extrapolation off was the solution. Now it works. Thank you. :)

Alex,

the same here. X-Plane directory on second ssd and all permssions allowed. Thanks for your help.  :)

Mike,

Thank you very much for this update. Much appreciated :) Looking forward to X-Plane 11 release.
Regarding the the landing lights: they seem a little bit brighter to me and more sharp edged as before. But perhaps this is also a topic for the RTH scripts....

Peter

mikeindevon

Peter,

Your comment about the lights being brighter is probably true.  Previously you fed a number into XP in the range 0.0 to 1.0, the larger the number the brighter the light.

The latest versions of XP will accept any number !!  The bigger the number, the brighter it gets.  Any fractional numbers are rounded down to just the integer part.  Hence when I pumped in 0.99 for the brightness it got reduced to 0 and hence no light.

The updated version of XView puts in 5.0 for the landing lights.  If people think this is too bright, I can easily reduce it. 

I have raised a bug with LR as the current implementation is not in line with the documentation.  I don't know whether they will alter the code or the documentation.

Mike

mikeindevon

I have now hacked together a website for XView.  You can download win.xpl from it.  I will put some other stuff up shortly, like the manual and some screen shots.

www(dot)larkshayes(dot)com

Peter Lang

Hi Mike,

thanks for the information and your efforts. Do I understand this correct, that I by myself can fed a number into XPlane?

If yes, where can I do this? Or is this only for programmers? If so, I would suggest to reduce the value to 2 or 3. This schould be far more realistic.

Thanks again
Peter

EDIT: will a reduction of this value also reduce the size of the light cone, or only the brightness?

hunijjang

Hello Mike

Thanks a lot to you for the this great updated.

I checked to the all lights and that is working as well.  ;D

However, I still have a problem for the TCAS with XView(Newest of Xview version)

This is also previous, I posted to http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1615.320

I tested with XPlane 10.51 64bit and tested with World Traffic 2 for AI.

Well... However, That is only shown as ND for TCAS, only 1 traffic at KSEA.

Please see this link : http://blog.naver.com/hanuljikimi/220887756781 and It is my a blog, I just uploaded here for these problem of captures screen.

I changed to Number of traffic aircraft 1 to 7(max) in the Xview.cfg, because that is not change in the Plugins  menu for them. and I did tick to the box 'Draw XP traffic? menu box'

but Thats still as shown only 1 traffic symbol in the ND(TCAS A/N modes same there is only on 1 traffic)

Also thats wrong, because as shown -17(1700ft below of me), however I am not on the -1700ft of that.

at least, If that only 1 of traffic is corrected as TCAS ND, +17(1700ft above of me) is corrected.

Mike, If you need to the my that Xview log files, I'll send to you via email.

Anybody have to this Injections problem from XPlane 10 AI traffics to PSX ND?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

mikeindevon

Hi Peter,

I have put up a new version on the website.  The lights are now maxed at 2.25.  What do you think?
I'm afraid this is a mod that only I can make.  This new version 3a is the same as 3 in all other respects.

Mike

mikeindevon

Hi Younghoon,

I will have a look at these issues in a day or two.

Mike

cagarini

Does XView work with XP11 ?

JohnH

Quote from: jcomm on Sat, 17 Dec 2016 18:40

I am using the beta of Xplane 11 with PSX and it seems to run quite well.

Go to the site wwwdotlarkshayesdotcom and click on PSX downloads

Download the file, Xview 64 bit Version 3a

the file will be named win0.xpl

rename it to win.xpl

place the file in the folder

X-Plane 11, Resources, plugins, Xview, 64, you will need to create the folders Xview and 64

start PSX and under Network start the Boost setting

start Xplane, if all goes well under the plugin menu you should see Xview

John

mikeindevon

Sorry about the file being called win0.xpl rather than win.xpl.  The website doesn't seem to like having two files with the same name.  Rename it back to win.xpl

Peter Lang

Hi Mike,

I could not find any difference in the brightness on my system. After changing win.xpl several times and making screenshots on runways of different airports X-Plane began crashing shortly after start of the program.

I do not know whats going on here and I think I have to reinstall it and then check again.

So, give me one or two days.

The TCAS problem of Younghoon could be the same here. I found that the value of PSX_TRAFFIC always resets to 1, regardless of my input in the xview.txt. But presently I cannot say more about it.

Peter

hunijjang

Quote from: Peter Lang on Sun, 18 Dec 2016 00:11
Hi Mike,

I could not find any difference in the brightness on my system. After changing win.xpl several times and making screenshots on runways of different airports X-Plane began crashing shortly after start of the program.

I do not know whats going on here and I think I have to reinstall it and then check again.

So, give me one or two days.

The TCAS problem of Younghoon could be the same here. I found that the value of PSX_TRAFFIC always resets to 1, regardless of my input in the xview.txt. But presently I cannot say more about it.

Peter

Hello Peter

Yes, That is not changes of XView options in the XPlane 10.51

However, It is will be changes to XView.cfg file.

But there are not working for the max to 7 traffics and As you said that is only 1 traffic as shown on ND.

Also There is wrong as shown to -17 Instead of +17 in the TCAS.

Today, I uploaded to my blog for my XPlane 10.51 with Xview night screens for you and I also using with the RTH.

link : http://blog.naver.com/hanuljikimi/220888782844

It is loaded to PSX situ #4 Cleared for Takeoff at TNCC.

Is there a difference between you and me for the landing lights bright as same?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

hunijjang

Quote from: mikeindevon on Sat, 17 Dec 2016 16:47
Hi Younghoon,

I will have a look at these issues in a day or two.

Mike

Hello Mike

Thanks a lot to you for taking care of that.  :D

I'd really like to make a donation to you via paypal for your cheer up! but small donation and sorry about that.  :-[

Because, This is such a great thing that your free time to develop.

Thanks again

Best Regards,

Younghoon

cagarini

Quote from: JohnH on Sat, 17 Dec 2016 22:27
Quote from: jcomm on Sat, 17 Dec 2016 18:40

I am using the beta of Xplane 11 with PSX and it seems to run quite well.

Go to the site wwwdotlarkshayesdotcom and click on PSX downloads

Download the file, Xview 64 bit Version 3a

the file will be named win0.xpl

rename it to win.xpl

place the file in the folder

X-Plane 11, Resources, plugins, Xview, 64, you will need to create the folders Xview and 64

start PSX and under Network start the Boost setting

start Xplane, if all goes well under the plugin menu you should see Xview

John

Thx John!

Swiso

I may be missing something here...I just tried the following situation:
04 Approach 007-Real World weather -San Francisco.situ

XPlane 11 and PSX are not in sync in regard of the position....while PSX land correctly in the runway, Xplane keep landing in the water, right of 28R...
Tried a couple of times..
Anybody noticed this ?

Another thing I noticed is that the when I start the boost server on PSX, in Xplane I keep hearing a repeating noise like when you move the speed break...keep doing all the time..