News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

OlavBalm

Quote from: mikeindevon on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:17
Hi Andrew,

It works ok.  Remember to put the following in your browser address:
ftp://larkshayes.com

You will then be asked for the username and password:
username : xview@larkshayes.com
pw: 747Pilot

Let me know how you get on.

Mike

Hi Mike,

New to PSX and I would like to give this one a try too. Is it still working for the at this adress ??

Cheers,
Olav

asboyd

If you are running Windows you can get the files here:
https://db.tt/ky6PZHxf

Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

OlavBalm

Flex

Hi guys,

Has anyone got any tips on how they run this? How do you get PSX to input the weather into X-plane?
Also does anyone have the manual they could share? I can't seem to find it.

Cheers,

Felix

jb747

Here's a link to V1.01 0f the manual.  I'm not sure how current is is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69177488/XView%20User%20Guide%20v1.01.pdf

Cheers,

Jon

Flex

Many thanks for the link.
It appears xsquawkbox isn't totally compatible at this point = shame as I much prefer it to P3D.

Cheers,

Felix

evaamo

Can any of you confirm if then landing lights are working properly using X-View's PSX-Plane? I'm using the version included by Alex but as soon as I click the lights switch, the landing lights flicker for a few seconds and then go off.

Thanks!
cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

Peter Lang

What version of X-Plane do you use? With 10.50 I have the same problems. The landing lights are only visible within the short period during on and off transition.  With 10.45 everything works ok.

Hope this helps
Peter

evaamo

Hi Peter, I'm using 10.50 indeed. I wonder what's changed that is affecting the lights... will try to troubleshoot this in a few weeks and see if I can come up with a fix.

Cheers
-E

Enrique Vaamonde

Flex

Hi,

I've found the same issue, however, if you click the landing lights on from inside the PSX VC the landing lights will illuminate. Hope this helps!

Felix

hunijjang

Hello All

I have two of questions about XView(downloaded Alexs version)

I tested with XPlane 10.51 64bit.

Also I bought and installed to World Traffic 2 for AI.

Well... However, That is only shown as ND for TCAS, only 1 traffic.

I changed to Number of traffic aircraft 1 to 7(max) in the Xview.cfg, because that is not change in the Plugins  menu for them. and I did tick to the box 'Draw XP traffic? menu box'

but Thats still as shown only 1 traffic symbol in the ND(TCAS A/N/B modes same there is only on 1 traffic)

Also It is makes to the cutting out for screen but FPS is about 25 above.

I am using with I5 2500K(overclcoked at 4.6GHZ) 16GB RAM, GTX970 and 250GB SSD for only the XPlane 10.

However, I am using with 50inch UHD TV for Main Monitor.

How's everyone getting works to smooth with XView?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

hunijjang

Quote from: evaamo on Sat, 15 Oct 2016 15:14
Can any of you confirm if then landing lights are working properly using X-View's PSX-Plane? I'm using the version included by Alex but as soon as I click the lights switch, the landing lights flicker for a few seconds and then go off.

Thanks!
cheers
-E

Hello

That is same problem to the XPlane 10.51 version.

so, I takes to XPlane B744 VC Landing lights switch, Instead of PSX Landing lights switch as said Felix.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

teeloo

I am still working on the view solution here. I truly believe XP is the best scene-gen out there.

mikeindevon

Hi,

I have tried XView with X-Plane 11 and it works, although I haven't made a detailed test!  The imagery in this new version of X-Plane is spectacular.

It appears that there are some issues:
- landing lights not working properly in 10.5 (I will have a look and will see what can be done.)
- download copy on larkshayes.com corrupted (I will stick the official version on Dropbox)
- altitude not passed to VATSIM etc (this is an insoluable problem with xsquawkbox that only Ben Supnik can fix)

There is a Mac version, which works here fine, but some have found problems.  This is probably due to the fact that they are missing an OSX library.  If anybody has found a solution, please let me know.

Is there anything else?

Mike

Swiso

Thank you very much Mike to take the time to try to fix this small but essential add-on.
Very appreciated

Peter Lang

Hi Mike,

thank you very much for your efforts to fix these issues.

Quote from: mikeindevon on Sat,  3 Dec 2016 18:25
Is there anything else?

There was a topic some months ago, concerning the x-plane external view becomes jumpy over the time.

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=3461.msg35428#msg35428

And there is another point (maybe caused by the same problem), which is a little bit difficult to describe.
On my system the external view "realigns" from time to time. That means the bank angle slightly jumps (1 ° or so) and the pitch angle jumps more noticable (2-3 ° or even more) nomally to a nose down position, which gives the visual information that the aircaft is descending, while PSX still shows the same attitude riding smoothly along the airway.
It feels as if the position and attitude data from PSX are not always 100% transmitted and from time to time, the system realises, that there is something wrong which causes this bigger alignement.

Peter

jb747

Just a thought...

Pilot Edge is an online ATC system that was built around XPlane (it supports FSX/P3D as well) and has no issues with the altitude/speed/heading info being passed to the controllers.  It's a pay service, not a freebee and currently only supports SoCal as a coverage area but someone might want to give it a try with PSX/XP and PE and see if it connects and works properly.  You can get a 2-week free trial period so it costs nothing to verify the functionality.

If it works, and I suspect it will, it should provide some info for the XSquackbox developer to hopefully get it augmented for the VATSIM/IVAO systems.

The link to PE is below:

http://www.pilotedge.net/

Cheers,

Jon

mikeindevon

Ok, I have seen his problem with the landing lights: it exists in 10.5 and 11.0 versions of X-Plane.  I haven't changed the XView code or PSX Plane so it is something Laminar Research has done.  Can anybody tell me which was the latest version of X-Plane that the landing lights worked correctly. Perhaps I can then track down what LR have done.

Mike

Peter Lang

Hi Mike,

last version here with working landing lights is 10.45

Peter

mikeindevon

Thanks for that Peter - so we know who the culprit is  :).  I am on the case, but I have upgraded the c++ compiler to MS Visual Studio 2015 from 2013 and none of it works at the moment !  I will try and get it done in the next few days - the impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer.

Mike