News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

Andrew Gibbins

Thank you Jcomm and AlexB. Much appreciated. V helpful.

AG

Ivo de Colfmaker

Well, time will tell - anyway, I am no longer using X-Plane 10 because it's a huge install on my 250 GB disk, just for the purpose of using it for the PSX visuals...

Hi Jose,
If not mistaken Xplane does not install anything in the program files map, or any other map, and can , just as PSX ,run,or be moved to a different disk or  deleted whithout problems.
External  HD  have large storage space these days, so it would be easy to run it , just plug in the usb disk and of you go, maybe a bit slower then SSD, but usable.
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

GodAtum

I am using Pilot2ATC but it seems like it is not getting any airspeed or altitude. Is this still a problem with XView?

CarlBB

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Wed,  8 Jun 2016 14:26

... Xplane does not install anything in the program files map, or any other map, and can , just as PSX ,run,or be moved to a different disk or  deleted whithout problems...
Ivo

This is correct.

Thanks

Carl

cagarini

Tonight I finished fetching the last few tiles to complete the whole Earth install - X-plane 10.45.

I am runnig it using a  PSX custom Layout where one of the screens contains just a selection of the panel occupying the lower half of the screen, with X-plane's window set by "Windowed Borderless Gamming" to 1920 x 560.

Using default weather rendering only, with data injected through XView from PSX. No cars on roads and autogen and trees set to Nill.

Getting an incredibly smooth ride with this settings, X-Plane showing 30 fps, PSX between 70 and 71 most of the time :-)

The most perfect combination so far !

Only thing I would probably add, if space on disk wsn't the limit, would be some cool ortophoto scenery... The autogen, the trees and those nifty cars on roads I couldn't care less about...

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Jose,
Any chance of a screenshot ?
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

cagarini

For sure - will take one and post here asap!

cagarini

That's it !

Still away from my sim PC today :-/, but I couldn't get a better perspective, I guess.

It pretty much shows how smooth PSX and XpX run together.

Swiso

Yep....especially the first video...the landing on Sydney.....to me this video represent the best combination possible in regard to flight sims today : the "in depth" and fidelity of PSX and the incredible scenery rendering of XPlane !

I am  still figuring out which projector options suit best my room...but plan to do it soon !!

United744

Is using XPlane a dead-end now? I just tried to get XView and encountered the server error, then read the whole thread.

A shame XView development appears to be abruptly ended. I wish devs of such software would publish the source code if they're going to quit, so others can pick it up.

After recently trying XPlane, I prefer its visuals to FSX, especially at altitude, and would like to use it.

evaamo

The file in my link still works. I did try to download Alex's version but I think he removed it.

Sadly, it seems X-Plane is indeed a dead end. For now.

cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

cagarini

I was using X-Plane mostly for the smoothness and 3d runways, but my latest experience with P3D v3.3.5 and PSX.NET is so positive that I reverted to use of P3D for the visuals.

I get the smoothest ride ever, and running HiFiTechInc AS16 and ASCA with P3D for the weather rendering, and also in the future aloft winds injection into Aerowinx PSX.

Then, since Austin and Ben are working hard on 10.50 and changing datarefs here & there, one never knows if XView will continue to work...

asboyd

Hi Guys,
Sorry, don't know what happened to my link but here is a new one to the same zip file...
https://db.tt/ky6PZHxf

Enjoy!

Alex B 8)
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

firstcapt

Hi guys,
I'm trying to download the Mac versione of XView but I can't connect to the ftp site.
It seems that users and password aren't valid.

Any chance to have the latest Mac Version or the new user/password?

Thank you very much

asboyd

The web server for XView in the UK is no longer available. Mike has left the organisation that hosted his files.
I only had the windows version so have put that on dropbox for forum members....
I was not aware of a MAC version...

Regards,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

firstcapt

Thank you very much for your reply.
I'll await for a Mac user to see if he/she can share his/her own version

Regards

vito

Here is mine latest version of Xview:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huiqcr78jlw6gx4/AABc5hZHsnqOzSWLJtJS_atsa?dl=0

I think that mac.xpl is file you are looking for :-)

best regards

vito

firstcapt

Quote from: vito on Fri,  2 Sep 2016 20:24
Here is mine latest version of Xview:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huiqcr78jlw6gx4/AABc5hZHsnqOzSWLJtJS_atsa?dl=0

I think that mac.xpl is file you are looking for :-)

best regards

vito

:-O Thank you very much, you made my day! :)

I'll check :)

firstcapt