News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

cagarini

Thx Jon,

unfortunately I didn't save the latest version I had downloaded from there, which was even more recent because it included at least to additional parameters to control the injection of date and weather from PSX into X-plane 10.

If any of you have that version of XView, please make it available ....

Thx

evaamo

Hi Jose, I found an installed version in my system with the following configurations:

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Sun Sep 13 20:25:02 2015"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
BOOST_ADDRESS = "10.7.4.7 : 10749"   ; IP address
MAIN_ADDRESS  = "10.7.4.7 : 10747"   ; IP address
RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address
RELAY_BOOST_DATA = FALSE    ; Set to true if XView relays boost data
SMOOTH_TRAJECTORY = FALSE   ; Extrapolate between PSX updates (default: FALSE)
DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE       ; Animate external parts, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)
DO_LIGHTS = TRUE           ; Animate lights (default: TRUE)
DO_WEATHER = TRUE          ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane weather
DO_COMMS = TRUE            ; Set true if PSX  sets X-Plane comms
DO_TIME = TRUE             ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane time
SIDE_VIEWS = FALSE          ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle
USE_BOOST_SERVER = TRUE    ; Set to TRUE to use Boost server - the normal setting
PSX_TRAFFIC = 3         ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
USE_PSX_TRAFFIC = FALSE     ; Set true if PSX drives the traffic aircraft
USE_XP_TRAFFIC =  FALSE     ; Set true if XP drives the traffic aircraft
INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE    ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server

If this works for you, let me know so I can make it available via Dropbox.

cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

cagarini

It surely does -E, please make the link available.

THX!!!!

Swiso

If possible I would like too this file.

email me the link at my address :
aris at ticino dot com.

Thanks !

evaamo

Hey guys, I have uploaded it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21613445/XView.zip

I had to recreate the original zip file (which I no longer have, sadly) with the files on my X-Plane folder.

Only the 64bit version and no documentation.

Hope this helps.

cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

cagarini

Swiso

Quote from: evaamo on Sat,  7 May 2016 16:58
Hey guys, I have uploaded it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21613445/XView.zip

I had to recreate the original zip file (which I no longer have, sadly) with the files on my X-Plane folder.

Only the 64bit version and no documentation.

Hope this helps.

cheers
-E

Thanks a LOT !!!
Best regards

cagarini

Back to the smooth X-Plane 10 visuals ride thx to you evaamo!

evaamo

Glad I could help Jose!
Enjoy!!!

cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

asboyd

Does anyone know if anything has happened to Mike?
Seems like his server account has expired....

Regards,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

cagarini

Alex,

apparently the FTP server is still up, and the account is active, only the passwd was changed.

The server appears to be some community server in some "village" in the UK ( ? )

Andrew Gibbins

Hi Mikeindevon,

Just finally got round to updating from version 10.0.0 etc. to .8 and came across your X-plane graphics infuser. I read the ftp server login details as username : xview@larkshayes.com
pw: 747Pilot... but when I tried this it bounces. I note it asks whether or not I wish to login as a 'guest' or registered user. I tried using the above credentials to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,

AG

cagarini

I believe Mike is no longer supporting XView, and I fear that upcoming X-Plane 10 patches can make it incompatible because they are changing datarefs...

Well, time will tell - anyway, I am no longer using X-Plane 10 because it's a huge install on my 250 GB disk, just for the purpose of using it for the PSX visuals...

Andrew Gibbins

Thank you Jcomm for explaining. Shame but understood. I don't have MS Flight sim etc. just X-Plane 10. What do you suggest, the google earth route?

AG

cagarini

Andrew,

I think you can keep using X-Plane 10 for the visuals. Actually and thanks to "evaamo" you can still get one of the latest build of XView from here:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?action=post;quote=36848;topic=1615.280;last_msg=37182

Beware that after unzipping it to the root folder of X-plane 10 you still have to edit xview.cfg to adapt it to your network settings, and root dir, and I also suggest moving the xview plugin inside the b747 and not make it a default load plugin because it will affect your use of X-plane 10 for other purposes.

Andrew Gibbins

Just so I don't make a basic error here... when you refer to network settings in the Xview.cfg file:

1. Does this mean I require a separate pc/mac (am using using mac) because both software programs cannot be run simultaneously on 1 machine / 1 screen?

2. Is there some documentation with the required changes in the script that you refer to please?

My setup is 1 iMac with both PSX and X-Plane 10 installed. Does the Xview program infuse the graphics into the PSX application or simply run a parallel or synched screen.

Andrew

cagarini

1) Your choice here. I run both on the same Windows 10 machine ( old i5 2500 @ 3,2GHz ). What I meant was that the file xview.cfg includes some entries ( when you download it from the link evaamo gave us ) that refer to his network and we have to adapt it to our network, or simply use "127.0.0.1" if we run everything on the same PC;

2) On the thread where I got the link to XView from there are some configuration examples, but when you install XView you will have a XView menu under "plugins", allowing you to set your choices. Unfortunately I no longer have the manual, but basically you can choose to have PSX inject weather and traffic as well as time, and aircraft lighting to the X-plane "dumb" 744 that comes with XView.

If you simply drop the contents of the ZIP file into your X-plane main folder everytime you start X-Plane it will also start the XView plugin. This is not good if you do not just use X-plane for the visuals of PSX. Best thing to do is to enter the "resources\plugins" folder and move the "xview" folder into the "plugins" folder of the Xview 747. This way XView will only load when you select that aircraft.

Since I only have one monitor I also created a customized PSX layout profile where one of the views occupies only the lower half of the screen, and I place there the PFD, ND and upper EICAS only, well enlarged. Then I use a windows app to run X-Plane 10 in windowed mode without window border in the upper half of the screen, and select only the CTRL-W ( I guess this is the one ) full screen front view. That app allows me to create a custom setup whenever I start X-Plane 10 when the app has been loaded first. I configured it so that the X-plane window is 1920 X 530, intead of the full 1920 X 1080 ( in my case ).

asboyd

Hi Guys,
I have been looking at the posts and also tried to contact Mike but he is no longer replying to emails and hte village he worked for are unsure of his new contact details.
However I do have the complete V1.2 package (including the PSX plane and docos).
I have placed it on my dropbox and it can be downloaded using https://db.tt/QcLaWcBL

Enjoy.
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

cagarini

kwieser76

Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)