News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

Chris Kilroy

I'm using XP10 in my sim and I've decided just to add one cheapish additional computer to the network running barebones P3D to pass variables to Vatsim. With the dirt cheap prices of computers these days, seems like a fairly inexpensive workaround for now.

Swiso

A quick question,
anybody know if Xview work even with the Steam version of X-Plane ?
Thanks !

double-alpha

Hi

I would like to know too if Xview works with Xplane STEAM EDITION (before buying it).

Thank you

Daz85UK

Hi all,
First post here,

i'm still awaiting my CD to arrive in the post however i'm trying to download this addon in preperation for it arriving.
When I type the login details as mentioned in page 1, I get a 530 Login authentication failed?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

cagarini

There's no reason for XView not to work with the DVD, Web or Steam versions of X-Plane 10.

Only suggestion I make is to drop the plugin only within the specific 744 folder that comes with the plugin, instead of inside the generic plugins folder.

Daz85UK

Quote from: Daz85UK on Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:38
Hi all,
First post here,

i'm still awaiting my CD to arrive in the post however i'm trying to download this addon in preperation for it arriving.
When I type the login details as mentioned in page 1, I get a 530 Login authentication failed?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

I am still getting a 530 login authentication failed when entering the username and password. Is there anywhere else I can download it from?

Hardy Heinlin

I'm getting a "Server not found" message ...

jb747

I put the latest copy I have in my dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69177488/XView.zip

See if that works.

Jon

Daz85UK

Thanks Jon! That worked.

The Readme says it should include a file called PSX Plane, which isnt in the zip file, do I need to get this from somewhere else?

jb747

AndrewTurner

Howdy,

Is anyone else having problems getting to the ftp server? I can't connect on multiple computers trying different ftp programs and browsers. If anyone has a current copy of xview & PSXplane they could put up for download that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AT

jb747

Hi,

Send me an email at hjboe(AT)msn.com and I'll send you a download link.  It's Mike's program, not mine and I don't feel comfortable leaving public links up for any length of time.

Thanks,

Jon

Daz85UK

Have just tried XView with Xsquawkbox, however when I change frequncies in PSX it does not change to selected frequency on XSquawkbox.
Is there a way to fix this or does Xview not send the COMs frequency to Xplane/Xsquawkbox?

Thanks

Swiso

a quick question...
In the last release of XView, when I open the XView.cfg file, I see the following parameter that should be edited :
PSX_PATH =""
This should point to the storage location of the PSX PLANE folder OR the PSX program ? (Aerowinx folder)
Thanks

cagarini

Strange, I believe I have the latest version of XView, and I can't find any entry with PSX_PATH in xview.cfg ?

Swiso

I think I was able to download it today from the ftp link posted by mike...
I tried a couple of times to connect to that ftp link and between 530 errors, I was able to download it...
Here is the link where you can download the XView.zip file I downloaded today...check the Xview.cfg file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8xr5nlinfnerwqh/AACHVMDJrFZaKDm25jPnM2qCa?dl=0

EDIT : This file is the one I downloaded from jb747 link some 7 post above....NOT from Mike.

Peter Lang

Hi,

I also could not find any entry with PSX_PATH. I'm also not sure if this makes sense, as the PSX address is identified with the IPs and Port numbers...

This is what I got from the original file:

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Sat Oct 18 19:20:18 2014"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
BOOST_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10749"   ; IP address
MAIN_ADDRESS  = "127.0.0.1 : 10747"   ; IP address
RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address
RELAY_BOOST_DATA = FALSE    ; Set to true if XView relays boost data
SMOOTH_TRAJECTORY = FALSE   ; Extrapolate between PSX updates (default: FALSE)
DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE       ; Animate external parts, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)
DO_LIGHTS = TRUE           ; Animate lights (default: TRUE)
DO_WEATHER = TRUE          ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane weather
DO_COMMS = TRUE            ; Set true if PSX  sets X-Plane comms
DO_TIME = TRUE             ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane time
SIDE_VIEWS = FALSE          ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle
USE_BOOST_SERVER = TRUE    ; Set to TRUE to use Boost server - the normal setting
PSX_TRAFFIC = 3         ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
USE_PSX_TRAFFIC = FALSE     ; Set true if PSX drives the traffic aircraft
USE_XP_TRAFFIC =  FALSE     ; Set true if XP drives the traffic aircraft
INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE    ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server

Peter

cagarini

Unfortunately the version linked above is a very early one :-(

To give a clue of how early it is, this is the XView.cfg in it:

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Fri Dec 28 00:22:06 2012"
SETTINGS_PATH = "D:\X-Plane"
PSX_PATH = "D:\PSX\"
X-PLANE_PATH = "D:\X-Plane"
DEBUG_PATH = "D:\X-Plane"
MAIN_OUTPUT_PATH = "D:\X-Plane"
BOOST_OUTPUT_PATH = "D:\X-Plane"

and there's that PSX_PATH we can't find in the most recent versions... unfortunately no longer available :-/

I lost mine in a full disk cleanup ... If someone could make available her/his "win.xpl" 64 bit and Xview.cfg file, with the latest versions on XView that allowed for choosing if weather and time should or should not be injected, etc... that would really be great!

Of course, with the upcoming new versions of X-Plane 10 one never knows if it'll keep working...

jb747

The config in the latest copy I have is:

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Fri Jul 18 14:20:10 2014"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
SMOOTH_TRAJECTORY = FALSE   ; Extrapolate between PSX updates (default: FALSE)
DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE   ; Animate external view, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)
DO_LIGHTS = TRUE   ; Animate lights (default: TRUE)
INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE   ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server
PSX_TRAFFIC = 1   ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
SIDE_VIEWS = TRUE   ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle

This is from the download I did way back when (July, 2014)  Mike's server.

If anyone wants to look at this one send me an email at the earler link above.

Jon