News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

mikeindevon

A small update (Version 1.01) has been placed on the server, which corrects a fault with more than 6 traffic planes. The maximum is 7.

You need only download the appropriate XView[nn].xpl file and the updated documentation.

Mike

JRBarrett

Hi Mike,

I downloaded XView and installed the plugin in 64-bit XP 10.25 in anticipation of the arrival of PSX (I am hoping it will be delivered in the next few days, as I pre-ordered from Aerosoft).

Anyway, fired up X-Plane with the plugin installed, obviously without PSX being present to drive it. Did note a few unusual things. Without PSX present to inject weather data into XView, X-Plane loads with the visibility set to 0.06sm, temperature at 32 F/0C, and barometric pressure at 00.00 in/hg! I assume this is because it is looking for the current weather from PSX.

I know that the instruction manual for XView states that PSX should be up and running BEFORE X-Plane is started - but the results I saw would seem to indicate that one cannot run X-Plane (with XView installed) in a non-PSX session - i.e. that one would have to move the plugin out of the X-Plane /resources/plugin folder whenever planning to run X-Plane normally... and only have plugin present when planning to use XP as a scenery generator for PSX?

It's no big problem to do that, but just wanted to know if the strange weather injection apparently coming from XView is to be expected when the plugin is running without PSX being present.

mikeindevon

Hi JR,

You are right.  I wouldn't run an XView session without PSX.  To work XView must disable lots of things within X-Plane, the flight model for instance.  Also PSX Plane has had stuff removed that is not needed in an XView session.

I simply rename win.xpl to nowin.xpl.  Saves moving stuff around.

Mike

JRBarrett

Quote from: mikeindevonHi JR,

You are right.  I wouldn't run an XView session without PSX.  To work XView must disable lots of things within X-Plane, the flight model for instance.  Also PSX Plane has had stuff removed that is not needed in an XView session.

I simply rename win.xpl to nowin.xpl.  Saves moving stuff around.

Mike

Ah! I shall do just that. Thanks for your work in creating this interface - can't wait to try it with PSX!

Jim Barrett

mikeindevon

If you still have the low visibility etc with PSX running, you may need to go into the PSX weather screen and change something to cause PSX to update X-Plane's weather.

Guy13

Hi,
Xview is only for windows or there will exist a version for Mac?
@+

mikeindevon

See thread PSX on Mac scenery options

GodAtum

Hi,

im getting a crash when loading xplane:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: X-Plane.exe
  Application Version: 10.3.0.8
  Application Timestamp: 53e3345e
  Fault Module Name: win.xpl
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 52eb1ca6
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0000000000035004
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: c952
  Additional Information 2: c952ec7afd280c0ce7a9b7e224e601cb
  Additional Information 3: b345
  Additional Information 4: b3457953e065a0c11c4bd2ce205a6e30

Tércio Sampaio

Hi,

To avoid problem with XView while not using the PSX+X-Plane integration i recommend you all do this:

Don't install the win.xpl (the plugin) on resources/plugins (this will avoid load this plugin in all aircrafts).

Install it inside the plugins folder that exist in the provided aircraft (PSX Plane).

The full path will be for 64 bits:

X-Plane 10\\Aircraft\\PSX Plane\\plugins\\XView\\64\\win.xpl

or for 32 bits

X-Plane 10\\Aircraft\\PSX Plane\\plugins\\XView\\32\\win.xpl

you can also install both xpl's files. The 64bits version to 64 folder and the 32 version to 32 folder. The X-Plane when running choose the correct folder/file.

With this, the XView plugin only run when you load this "special" aircraft. So only load it in your X-Plane + PSX sessions, when using X-Plane without PSX, don't load this aircraft and everything works without problems as before.

Regards

Tércio

P.S: Mike, Thank You about this plugin it works like a charm!!!! the sync is impressive, not as older PS1.3 + X-Plane integration that created many offset problems. With XView it join the best of 2 worlds, the best airliner simulation with the best world 3d representation and fluidity (without stutter).

Ivo de Colfmaker

Thank You very much for this wonderfull add on, it works very nice .
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

mikeindevon

Quote from: GodAtumHi,
im getting a crash when loading xplane:

Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of XView, which was uploaded a couple of weeks ago. See XView release notes on the ftp server.

mikeindevon

Hi Tercio,

Good suggestion. I will update the manual.

Mike

mikeindevon

X-Plane 10.3 beta 8 has been released by Laminar Research which includes a fix for the long-standing Botany Bay problem and many other scenery updates.

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Mike

Pierre Theillere

Hi Mike!

And XView v1.01 has been fully tested OK with that same X-Plane 10.30b8 since yesterday evening! So: all good...
Pierre, LFPG

Tércio Sampaio

Hi Mike,

Much better is if "PSX Plane" already includes the 2 plugins (32 and 64 bits) inside the zip with the structure that i told. Then the installation will be only unzip the zip file to the x-plane aircraft folder (nothing more). As simple as that, no need to rename files and copy separate files.

Best regards

Tercio

mikeindevon

One slight problem with that is the size of the PSX Plane file.  At getting on for 100Mb, it is a lot to download for any update of an imbedded XView.xpl.  Again, a good idea though.

mikeindevon

Quote from: GodAtumI'm getting a crash when loading xplane.

Has your problem now gone away?

Mike

GodAtum

Quote from: mikeindevon
Quote from: GodAtumI'm getting a crash when loading xplane.

Has your problem now gone away?

Mike

yes i ahd to delte xsqwuarkbox

mikeindevon

There was a problem with V1.00 if the number of traffic planes was greater than 6, although it says max is 7 in the user guide.

V1.01 corrects that and limits the number of planes to seven in XView.  Do you see the problem with 1.01 and XSquawkbox?

Mike

JRBarrett

Quote from: mikeindevonThere was a problem with V1.00 if the number of traffic planes was greater than 6, although it says max is 7 in the user guide.

V1.01 corrects that and limits the number of planes to seven in XView.  Do you see the problem with 1.01 and XSquawkbox?

Mike

My experience has been that XSquawkbox is rather unstable and crash-prone in XP10.30.x 64-bit, no matter what other plugins may be installed. I have problems with it even if it is the only non-default plugin. Hopefully the new Vatsim client under development ("Swift") will solve that problem.