News:

Precision Simulator update 10.175 (29 May 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:57

Ton van Bochove

Ton

Victor126

good morning everyone, it seems that with the new update there is no more fatal damage.

Victor126

Wardie

I'm running 12.1.b4 and I still get "Fatal Damage" when loading and flying 01 Departure 007 Ljubljana-Frankfurt - you had my hopes up for a minute!!!

Hardy Heinlin

What does the analysis say after that damage?

Instructor > Analysis > Touchdown (sudden loss of scenery terrain and hard landing on a lower ground?)
Instructor > Situation > Malfunctions ... (any fire?)

Wardie

Hi Hardy, still the same problem as before - Inboard engine pods 99999 fpm , no failures or fire. In Profile under Analysis the terrain spikes to 40,000 for a moment.... It is impossible to fly the scenario. In other scenarios the aircraft completes a loaded flight without problem.

Symphysodon

I'm running 12.1.b4 and I get "Fatal Damage" until I put X-plane folder path in xview.cfg file. 

Swiso

Quote from: Symphysodon on Wed,  3 Jul 2024 18:35I'm running 12.1.b4 and I get "Fatal Damage" until I put X-plane folder path in xview.cfg file. 
Wait...do you mean like this:

asboyd

I cannot remember exactly when , but I think I had to put my actual IP address in place of the "local loopback" address in xview.cfg at one stage. Try changing the 127.0.0.1 to the static IP of the PC.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Swiso

Quote from: asboyd on Thu,  4 Jul 2024 22:35I cannot remember exactly when , but I think I had to put my actual IP address in place of the "local loopback" address in xview.cfg at one stage. Try changing the 127.0.0.1 to the static IP of the PC.

Cheers,
AlexB

Are you referring to my post ?

asboyd

Yes,
I noticed the 127.0.0.1
I had some issues until I used the actual static address.

Cheers,
AlexB

Swiso

Quote from: asboyd on Fri,  5 Jul 2024 22:25Yes,
I noticed the 127.0.0.1
I had some issues until I used the actual static address.

Cheers,
AlexB

Yes, I can try to put the real IP, but are they not supposed to work either way ?
Do you still get the "Fatal Damage" with X-plane ?

Thanks !

QuadFan

What is the last/latest version of XView?
Seb

asboyd

I think it is 1.2
That is the one I currently have...

Cheers,
AlexB

QuadFan

Does that version play nice with XP11? I can't come to the point to erase that install, with all my orthoscenery en Orbx stuff lol. Might be fun to try it with PSX.
Seb

asboyd

It works ok for me with XP11.

Cheers,
AlexB

Swiso

Quote from: asboyd on Mon,  8 Jul 2024 22:25It works ok for me with XP11.

Cheers,
AlexB

Ah, I see.
I was referring to the "Fatal Damage" message that keep appearing in XP12.
That's why I was asking Symphysodon if by just entering the Xplane path in xview.cfg  the problem disappeared

asboyd

The XP11 reply was for Seb "Quadfan"...

Cheers,
AlexB

QuadFan

Quote from: asboyd on Mon,  8 Jul 2024 22:25It works ok for me with XP11.

Thanks alex, will give it a try sometime soon. Although MFS visuals are hard to beat it would be nice to use my XP11 install some time again.
Seb

Symphysodon