News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

Thanks again Ton, still no joy I'm afraid.

However, Re Plugin
X-Plane is now showing the 747 JRollon Plugin (PSX Plane), however it does have a " ? " over the icon but it does load.

I went back to drop box and downloaded the following:-

XView(3).zip    XView(5).zip   & XView Release 1.2.zip
I've tried each one individually, then deleting and reloading, but still no success :-(

All the files and XPlane are configured with the IP address 127.0.0.1 but PSX always defaults back to 192.168.1.90

I've also tried to change my iMacs IP address to 127.0.0.1 but it will not accept an IP address starting 127.....(The first quad of the value entered cannot be 127)
Therefore my TCP/IP > Configure IPv4 > Using DHCP > is  192.168.1.90

Current setting is:-

X-View.CFG

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Sat Jul 17 10:14:01 2021"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
BOOST_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10749"   ; IP address
MAIN_ADDRESS  = "127.0.0.1 : 10747"   ; IP address
RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address
RELAY_BOOST_DATA = FALSE    ; Set to true if XView relays boost data
SMOOTH_TRAJECTORY = FALSE   ; Extrapolate between PSX updates (default: FALSE)
DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE       ; Animate external parts, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)
DO_LIGHTS = TRUE           ; Animate lights (default: TRUE)
DO_WEATHER = TRUE          ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane weather
DO_COMMS = TRUE            ; Set true if PSX  sets X-Plane comms
DO_TIME = TRUE             ; Set true if PSX sets X-Plane time
SIDE_VIEWS = TRUE          ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle
USE_BOOST_SERVER = TRUE    ; Set to TRUE to use Boost server - the normal setting
PSX_TRAFFIC = 1         ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
USE_PSX_TRAFFIC = FALSE     ; Set true if PSX drives the traffic aircraft
USE_XP_TRAFFIC =  TRUE     ; Set true if XP drives the traffic aircraft
INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE    ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server

I'm just wondering if its a SETTINGS PATH issue (I'm booting 11 Plane of my desktop) or it's an IP address problem?

I will say, I'm now way outside my comfort zone, so if this is coming across as being dumb, then I can only apologise as a CRI app in KJFK  13L with 180/35 is simple compared to this !
macOS BigSur V11.4

Ton van Bochove

QuoteAll the files and XPlane are configured with the IP address 127.0.0.1 but PSX always defaults back to 192.168.1.90

Have you tried "localhost" in the preferences basic screen?
Ton

Hi Ton, yes PSX > Preferences > Basics > Main Network: This client connects to: localhost on port 10747

This client reconnects after server error
This client get layout selection commands
Allow METAR files downloaded from Internet

So I've replaced "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" but still, nothing....

macOS BigSur V11.4

Ton van Bochove

Let's get back to files you need for install (most of them are in V1.2)

Aircraft map: it contains the PSX plane. The map "heavy" needs to be installed in the aircraft map between the default aircraft
Resources map:The Xview plugin ( see previous posting)
Xview: CFG file
Xviewdebug: Txt doc (BTW does it have content?)
Xviewlog: txt doc (BTW does it have content?)

These are the files you need, the rest is setting. What are your X-Plane graphic settings? with or without Vulkan. Does the sim work as a standalone and can you fly other aircraft?

QuoteThis client reconnects after server error
This client get layout selection commands
Allow METAR files downloaded from Internet

Where do you see this errors?
Ton

Swiso

1) When PSX start, check on Network menu if PSX is the Main server and if the Boost is listening to clients (you should see the button "STOP")

2) See in Preferences > Basics if "Start with main server on" and "Start with boost server on" is selected.
Check under Main network you have the following inputs:
"This client connects to: (inside the square) localhost
"On port" : 10747
Check if box is selected : "This client reconnects after server error"

My configuration is:
XView.cfg : on the MAIN X-Plane 11 folder
win.xpl : is located : X-Plane 11>Resources>plugins>XView>64

Create a new XView.cfg file by copying my settings, and put it on the MAIN X-Plane 11 folder.

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Tue May 25 02:01:33 2021"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE       ; Animate external parts, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)
SIDE_VIEWS = FALSE          ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle
USE_BOOST_SERVER = TRUE    ; Set to TRUE to use Boost server - the normal setting
PSX_TRAFFIC = 1         ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
USE_XP_TRAFFIC =  FALSE     ; Set true if XP drives the traffic aircraft
INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE    ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server

Eventually....see if updating Xplane "restore" (maybe) the file you inadvertently deleted.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just additional info concerning IP addresses.

A 192.168.x.y address typically is that of the computer as seen from the router it is connected to. You need this address if you want to connect to the computer from another computer in the network. In your case, that is not so.

The 127.0.0.1 address, or anything starting with 127., is a very special address also called "localhost". It points always to the same computer, itself. You can use it only if all your programs run on the same machine. Because it always points to itself, your computer will not accept it as the address that is going to be used by other computers. That would never work, everybody is then pointing at itself.

Since the PSX display does not know whether you are going to connect from another computer or from the same computer, it tells you the external address. Otherwise it would always say 127.0.0.1 anyway which is less helpful.

---

There usually is yet another IP address in play, which is your worldwide external (home) IP address, as given to you by your internet service provider. This IP address is only useful if other people want to connect to your PSX setup from outside your home network. For now this definitely is not what you want.

Hoppie

Thanks for the info Hoppie & Ton, very much appreciate the replies.

Having spent the day trying to configure PSX + X-Plane for scenery, I notice that the installation user guide for XView is for Version10 64-BIT, and I'm running X-Plane Version 11.

I've tried to download version 10, but X-Plane won't load the X-Plane 10 Installer app as I'm running macOS Big Sur V11.4.

Could it be a compatibility issue installation difference between X-Plane 11 & XView ?

I notice the install differences between Version 10 & Version 9
macOS BigSur V11.4

Hopkinsstevea

I had lots of problems with Xview but once I downloaded Navigraph Sim link it seemed to sort it out and everything connected. I'm using X-plane 11

Quote from: Hopkinsstevea on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:03
I had lots of problems with Xview but once I downloaded Navigraph Sim link it seemed to sort it out and everything connected. I'm using X-plane 11

Are you running on IOS or Windows ? 

I found the Navigraph link for Simlink, unfortunately  "Navigraph Charts.app" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Simlink is included within the charts app, but you can download it separately for windows.  :(

Thanks again, but I think I've reached a dead end. I've reloaded X-Plane 11 and started the X-View Process several times today, all without success. Below is my latest X-Plane Network information.

X-Plane > Network > Receiving Data From > An external visuals machine (192.168.1.9) that incorrectly thinks t... 51 seconds ago  
macOS BigSur V11.4

Hopkinsstevea

Ton van Bochove

Xview is 100% compatible with XL 11.55
Ton

cagarini

.) @744, are you starting the Main and Boost servers in PSX ?

.) How does your path  from the root of X-Plane to the XView plugin folder look like ?

.) How does your Xview 744 folder path from the root of X-Plane look like ?

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:26

Thanks Ton, so are you saying - just load it the same as for X-Plane Version 10 ?

From below, which one would you recommend?

macOS BigSur V11.4

Swiso

Are you using PSX and XPlanr on IOS ?
If that's the case, I think that there was a specific IOS file that had yo be placed somewhere on XPlane.
It is called "mac.xpl"... it is included on the XVIEW Release 1.2.zip on the Dropbox link you mentioned...
Actually, here is a link to my Dropbox with the version I mentioned:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k2ankzr6876an1e/AAAOnYhG2n7PdYtWdhG1QgJKa?dl=0
Check if you find this file and if not, download the "XVIEW Releqse 1.2.zip" file....it is there.
Let me know.

Quote from: Swiso on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:40
Quote from: Hopkinsstevea on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:23
I'm using Windows

If that's the case, I think that there was a specific IOS file that had yo be placed somewhere on XPlane.
It is called "mac.xpl"... it is included on the XVIEW Release 1.2.zip on the Dropbox link you mentioned...
Actually, that Dropnkx is my Dropbox.
Check if yiu find this file and let me know.
I can send it to you, of you need.

I have the "mac.xpl" file but I cant find XPlanr. Where do you place "mac.xpl" within the directory ? 
I am using IOS Big Sur.
Thanks for the link...
macOS BigSur V11.4

Swiso

Quote from: 744 on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:48
Quote from: Swiso on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:40
Quote from: Hopkinsstevea on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:23
I'm using Windows

Actually, that Dropnkx is my Dropbox.
Check if yiu find this file and let me know.
I can send it to you, of you need.

I have the "mac.xpl" file but I cant find XPlanr. Where do you place "mac.xpl" within the directory ? 
I am using IOS Big Sur.
Thanks for the link...

XPlabr is an error on my part...I meant XPLANE

Quote from: jcomm on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:34

.) How does your path  from the root of X-Plane to the XView plugin folder look like ?

I have some screen shots, but for some reason, I can't insert the images on this platform.

1. Yes, I'm starting both the Main and Boost servers in PSX.

2. X View sits within the main root directory, sitting underneath the X-Plane.app (launcher)

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Sat Oct 18 19:20:18 2014"
SETTINGS_PATH = ""
SIDE_VIEWS = FALSE          ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle
PSX_TRAFFIC = 3         ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)
USE_XP_TRAFFIC =  FALSE     ; Set true if XP drives the traffic aircraft

3 Xview 744 folder path from the root of X-Plane look like ?

Laminar Research > PSX Plane > (747-400 United files)

Their is also another B747-400 folder, again all United

One potential issue, I cannot see the advertised user guide \Aircraft\Heavy Metal folder, for PSXPlane.zip. I can only locate this folder through "finder" on the iMac. However, the files have populated within PSX Plane, within the X-Plane directory.

Any tips on how to upload a screen shot on this platform ?

Thanks. 
macOS BigSur V11.4

Swiso

Quote from: 744 on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:54
Quote from: jcomm on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:34

I have some screen shots, but for some reason, I can't insert the images on this platform.

Check page 35 of this thread, post #696, you should contact the member "foolen", he asked me for the same file and he use Mac OS so he should know better where to place that file.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: 744 on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:54

See:

https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1744.0

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: 744 on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:40
Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Sun, 18 Jul 2021 23:26

Thanks Ton, so are you saying - just load it the same as for X-Plane Version 10 ?

From below, which one would you recommend?

Yes it loads the same as for X-Plane version 10

The 3 files you mention are re-compiled files: some of them are complete and some of them not. Please look at my previous posting (https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1615.msg70244#msg70244) and see what files are mentioned and than take the latest file from one of the three Xview maps

Ton