Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News:
Precision Simulator update 10.132 (14 February 2021) is now available.
Aerowinx NG FMC and More is now released.

Author Topic: PSX + X-Plane for scenery  (Read 260828 times)

metalmike

Re: PSX + X-Plane for scenery
« Reply #800 on: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 20:54 »
I've been having another issue. I haven't been able to connect to Vatsim/xPilot. Is there a special trick to do this? When I open up xPilot and connect to the network, there are only dashes through the boxes where the radio freqs would be (in the xpilot client). Plane is fully powered up in PSX, and connected to XP in xView.

Just reporting that I figured it out. I didn't realize I had to start the dummy PSX Plane in XP 'with engines running'.

Hammerstan

• twitch.tv/hammerstan
    • twitch.tv/hammerstan
« Reply #801 on: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 12:27 »
I also commented on one of your YT channels as I am trying to replicate your setup.
My twitch and youtube videos involve post production mixing of the PSX and XP11 displays via OBS.  If you wish to overlay XP11 visuals on PSX during "game play" you will have to run them both on the same PC per the previous post.

a_wassermann

« Reply #802 on: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 19:47 »
Thanks, I had realized that I was misled. It was actually clear when I tried to imagine that the 60FPS video should be transferred through LAN from one PC to the other. I had already done what you proposed, I setup to run PSX on my X-Plane PC. And yes, it is powerful enough to do that.

I kind of moved the display setup of PSX to the bottom and moved the view from the cockpit in X-Plane to the top. It is not such an immersive feeling as flying a 747 in X-Plane. But it worked.

Unfortunately X-Plane had issues when I flew without PSX. I actually couldn't get my Tolles Airbus 321 to act as before. So I had to re-install everything. Quite a nightmare actually. So atm I will fly the PSX without X-Plane views. I will investigate this again with MS FS. But first I will enjoy both planes for a while.

Thanks again.

jcomm

« Reply #803 on: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 21:48 »
Unfortunately X-Plane had issues when I flew without PSX. I actually couldn't get my Tolles Airbus 321 to act as before. So I had to re-install everything. Quite a nightmare actually. So atm I will fly the PSX without X-Plane views. I will investigate this again with MS FS. But first I will enjoy both planes for a while.

Thanks again.

You will not have those issues with other aircraft if instead of dropping the plugin that comes with the xview 744 into the main Resources\Plugins folder you drop it into the spcecific xview 744 Plugins folder under Aircraft.

That way it'll only get loaded when you select that aircraft for a PSX with XP Visuals session.
« Last edit: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 12:48 by jcomm »