News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Started by mikeindevon, Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:57

John Golin

Quote from: mikeindevon
Quote from: GodAtumMy testing is going well. Did the longest commercial flight from YSSY - KDFW, 15 hours straight, no lag and FPS in Xplane was stable  :D
Great.  The latest X-Plane beta has Botany Bay back - a huge improvement.  I am sure you have that already.

Mike

Yay! I must grab it!
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: John GolinControllers do like to see the groundspeed for sequencing :) Especially in WorldFlight. ;)
Pft.

"Speedbird 744, cleared for the visual caution wake turbulence you're overtaking a 737 MARSA and see ya."

Martin Baker

Quote from: mikeindevonMartin,  I have checked your version against the server version and it is identical.  No need to download again.  Mike

Thanks for checking. It seems that I've done everything correctly but there's still a problem. The closest I got was starting XPlane with Cessna in 32 bit and with the Xview folder moved to the Xplane 747 directory, then loading the Xplane 747 after the prog has started. When I did this without PSX boost running it worked fine and I saw the Xview menu, but as soon as I turned on the network boost Xplane crashed. In 64 bit I don't get even this, just the plugin admin enable/disable which shows 747JRollon as enabled but it doesn't give the actual XView menu.

One thing I haven't specifically mentioned is that I'm running this on an iMac which is booting up into Windows. Could there be memory allocation issues? I'm an OSX person so know nothing about how W handles these things - do you know of any memory settings I could change that might be worth a try?

M

JRBarrett

Quote from: mikeindevon
Quote from: JRBarrettThe current altitude, heading and position was being continuously transmitted in real time, but groundspeed showed zero throughout the entire flight.

I do not pass the groundspeed to XP as it is not necessary to produce the view.  However, now that this requirement has been pointed out, I will make the update in the next release.  It is simple to do, provided that XP does not block it in some way.

Are there other data items that you need?  Does the lack of groundspeed make VATSIM flights impossible?

Mike

Yes, lack of ground speed might be an issue - especially when airspace is busy. I had a situation last night where I lost my ground speed output using TrafficPSX. The controller who had me on his scope did notice. I posted my experience  in another thread regarding "Stress testing the network".

The controller who pointed it out wasn't upset - he just wanted to let me know - and I was just about to leave his airspace in any case.

Thanks for looking into a way to pass through ground speed to the XSquawkbox client. I'll be happy to test this when the update is released.

Martin Baker

Quote from: mikeindevonMartin,  I have checked your version against the server version and it is identical.  No need to download again.  Mike

I deleted and reinstalled Xplane but the problem persists: in 64bit it doesn't recognise the plugin and in 32bit it crashes when I load the XView plane. Here is the log from both recent attempts to start it up in case that gives a clue as to what lies behind the problem. Thanks! M

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j180ki7cyk4e1qk/Log.txt?dl=0

mikeindevon

Martin,

Thanks for that.

It seems that XView has loaded ok, but the error messages at the end suggest that it can't find certain images.  This is normal as I have hacked out parts of the plane that are not needed.  I get the same error messages and mine works fine, so this is not the issue.

It would be interesting to do the following. all using the 64-bit version
1. Remove the plugin XView from the directory (eg just rename win.xpl nowin.xpl)
2. Delete X-Plane.prf from the Output, Preferences directory
3. Run X-Plane, select any aircraft but the PSX Plane
4. Move plane to FSIA (scenery loads fast here)
5. Exit X-Plane

Upload again the Log.txt file so that I can have a look at it.

Are you booting your Mac directly into Windows or are you running an emulator? under IOS?

Martin Baker

Quote from: mikeindevonAre you booting your Mac directly into Windows or are you running an emulator? under IOS?

I'm booting the mac directly into Windows 7 without running OSX & an emulator.

I've done as you asked and here's the new log file - using the 64 bit version of Xplane.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j180ki7cyk4e1qk/Log.txt?dl=0

Thanks so much for taking the time to help. M

Martin Baker

And having reinstalled XView and started Xplane again the log file now contains these lines which seem significant:

Fetching plugins for C:\\Users/MBWindows/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins

Loaded: C:\\Users/MBWindows/Desktop/X-Plane/10/Resources/plugins/PluginAdmin/64/win.xpl.

C:\\Users/MBWindows/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Xview/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.

mikeindevon

Quote from: martinbakerLoaded: C:Users/MBWindows/Desktop/X-Plane/10/Resources/plugins/PluginAdmin/64/win.xpl.

The directory here is different from the others "X-Plane/10/" versus "X-Plane 10/" - maybe just a typo though if you copied the log out by hand.

Mike

mikeindevon

Martin Baker

Quote from: mikeindevonThe directory here is different from the others "X-Plane/10/" versus "X-Plane 10/" - maybe just a typo though if you copied the log out by hand.

Mike

Sorry, yes that was a typo. Good news, tho - problem solved - I found the thread below and the same happened to Markus a couple of years ago!

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=1004

So I've used the same solution and now it's all working!  :D

mikeindevon

Super.  I hope you have fun with it.  Mike

mikeindevon

Martin,

Just a follow up, can you let me know exactly what software you were missing and I will include some instructions about this problem in the documentation.

Mike

Martin Baker

Quote from: mikeindevonMartin,

Just a follow up, can you let me know exactly what software you were missing and I will include some instructions about this problem in the documentation.

Mike

Yes it was this:  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

It was actually you who suggested it, but over 2 years ago.  ;)

As an aside, I flew over NYC last night with XView and frame rate was lower than 10 - it's the same without Xview by the way, I just checked. But on the same machine booted into OSX with the same rendering settings I'm getting frame rates of 70 to 100! (PSX in Windows was performing superbly at 72fps by the way.) So if you ever do get a chance to develop an XView for OSX, I for one would be very happy!!

M

mikeindevon

I need to buy a MAC mini, but it has been out for two years, so perhaps I will hang on a month or two to see if a better one gets announced.   8)

OmniAtlas

Hi Thanks for XView, it is working, but I have some issues --

When I turn on the landing lights the lights turn on, but automatically turn off within 1 second in XP10. The switch on the overhead in PSX remains in the 'on' position.

Loading scenarios -- For some reason when I load the scenarios with XP the aircraft is not configured correctly (ILS is not aligned correctly for example on final approach) -- it is like the aircraft is still in cold and dark.

I would appreciate any help to solve these issues -- thank you.

Ben

OmniAtlas

Hi all, retested and still having the same issue with landing lights :-\\

Here is my XViewLog, everything is running on one computer.

Local time and date : Sun Aug 31 01:49:09 2014
XView Version 1.01

HEADER = "XView Configuration File Sun Aug 31 01:18:37 2014"

SETTINGS_PATH = ""

BOOST_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10749"   ; IP address

MAIN_ADDRESS  = "127.0.0.1 : 10747"   ; IP address

SMOOTH_TRAJECTORY = FALSE   ; Extrapolate between PSX updates (default: FALSE)

DO_ANIMATIONS = TRUE   ; Animate external view, eg gear, etc(default: TRUE)

DO_LIGHTS = TRUE   ; Animate lights (default: TRUE)

INJECT_ELEVATION = TRUE   ; Set to true to send scenery elevation to Main server

PSX_TRAFFIC = 7   ; Set to the number of traffic planes you want driven by PSX (max 7)

SIDE_VIEWS = TRUE   ; Set TRUE to allow PSX to set X-Plane view angle

Debug file opened

Can't find DataRef for number 5 :
Can't find DataRef for number 90 :
Can't find DataRef for number 92 :
Can't find DataRef for number 93 :
Can't find DataRef for number 94 :
Sun Aug 31 01:49:09 2014 Connected to Boost server
Sun Aug 31 01:49:09 2014 Connected to Main server
PSX Version 10.0.0

18 lexicon lines processed
Sun Aug 31 01:49:10 2014 Injector thread launched
Failed to find dataref editor
0 lexicon lines processed
0 lexicon lines processed

X-Plane has stopped us
Configuration settings saved
Sun Aug 31 02:10:50 2014 Disconnected from Boost server
Sun Aug 31 02:10:51 2014 Closed injector thread
Sun Aug 31 02:10:52 2014 Closed Boost thread
Sun Aug 31 02:10:52 2014 Disconnected from Main server
Sun Aug 31 02:10:53 2014 Closed Main thread
Sun Aug 31 02:10:56 2014 All threads stopped

---

Would the landing lights have anything to do with the missing DataRef?

Thank you.

mikeindevon

I am away at the moment, but will have a look at your problem next weekend.  It won't be the missing datarefs. Make sure you turned on animate lights in the settings window. Also use HDR rendering if possible.

Mike

OmniAtlas

Quote from: mikeindevonI am away at the moment, but will have a look at your problem next weekend.  It won't be the missing datarefs. Make sure you turned on animate lights in the settings window. Also use HDR rendering if possible.

Mike

Thanks Mike, animation of lights is enabled in the settings Window, and HDR rendering is turned on.

Regards,

Ben

mikeindevon

The key diagnostic is that the lexicon is not being read. This is essential to the whole set-up and nothing will work without it, apart from the Boost server positions. There is something wrong with your Main Server set-up. Can you let me have details of your software set-up - OS, language etc.  Mike