News:

Precision Simulator update 10.178 (27 September 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

What how??

Started by farrokh747, Fri, 7 Dec 2012 05:29

Shiv Mathur

martin

Fantastic!!   :D
How do they come up with these ideas?

I can't read the caption, but I guess it's called "Monday Morning Breakfast".

Thanks for sharing the link, Farrokh!

Cheers,
Martin

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It's more like "Writing Software according to Requirements."

Will

Haha, Jeroen, very good.
Will /Chicago /USA

Richard McDonald Woods

Well done, Jeroen!

I remember so often having to struggle with requirements documents (called Phase 0 within IBM) written by end-users. To say that they were mostly vague, unusable  wish lists would be a gross understatement. Attempts to help them to rewrite them were too often overridden by my management in order to maintain schedules.
Cheers, Richard

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Luckily our team size at work still requires the requirements to be written by the engineers. That helps, though it remains a challenge to get stuff complete and correct. Not coincidentally I spent a good deal of my academic life pondering about requirements and how to write them, so I have an intellectual interest in getting them right and discovering a proper process to get them right (and get them done).

The tools available for "requirements management" such as the often-hailed DOORS seem to focus mostly on "Alphanumerical string management". Which string related to which other strings, who wrote this string, when was this string updated, and who signed off on this string? Useful for string management, and thus for certification, Gantt charting, and check box tracking people -- but hardly of assistance in getting the requirements correct and complete.

Any suggestion and/or discussion welcome! This topic hardly left my life even with the rather firm course correction I made a while ago.

Jeroen

suggestion: we may create a new thread called "Requirements" for such a discussion