News:

Precision Simulator update 10.175 (29 May 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Problem to run PS1...

Started by Richard Portier, Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:15

Richard Portier

Hello,

I was a PS1 user from the beginning but I stopped to fly it and other simulators for 3 years (life problem etc).

After to have changed mother card (Gigabyte), processor (AMD 2core), memory... During loading PS1.3, the loading/gauge stops in the middle... Any answer about this problem ?

With IPC from Jeroen the loading seems ok. With IPC, is possible to have a full screen option ?

Windows XP pro

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Richard

Holger Wende

Hi Richard,

did you already try to follow the recommendations from this page:
http://aerowinx.com/html/winxp.html

Regards, Holger

Avi

Hi Richard,

What is the time stamp of the 747HUMAN.FAC file in PS1 main directory?
It must be 12:00 or PS1 simply won't work.

If it doesn't 12:00 download it again from the CD and if you use Jeroen's auto-installer, it will make sure the time stamp won't change again.
Avi Adin
LLBG

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Richard PortierWith IPC from Jeroen Ivan, the loading seems ok. With IPC, is possible to have a full screen option ?
Sure: Alt-Enter.

Richard Portier

Thanks a lot everybody...

"The time stamp of the 747HUMAN.FAC", thank you for this remembering but unfortunately it's at 12:00 and PS1 stops loading just at the middle...

I have serious problem with my CH products analogic which is unknown by Windows with my new config (Mother card etc...). They are connected to a port of cheap sound card. May be the problem to load PS1 is linked... Any clue about that ?

With IPC PS1 seems to work so.... I don't understand. Thanks Jeroen for "Alt Enter"

Regards.

Richard

Avi

OK, let's try this.

Backup winps1.ini file (PS1 main directory) and then edit it and leave only the displaysize line (remove all the joystick lines).

Also, rename the 747PS13.CFG file (to create a new one) and try now.

Can you get it running? If yes, you will have to setup the joystick both for IPC and PS1. If not, this is (probably) not the problem so restore the 2 files to the original condition.

Is that getting you anywhere?

One more question. There is a program (don't remember which one) that doesn't like spaces in the path name. Do you have any space in the path to IPC or PS1?
Avi Adin
LLBG

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Richard PortierWith IPC PS1 seems to work so.... I don't understand. Thanks Jeroen for "Alt Enter"
On Windows XP, there is a fair chance that it will not work without IPC no matter what you try. Especially if you have no official brand name SoundBlaster sound card, XP drivers just don't cut it.

Jeroen

Richard Portier

Yesss, Bingo... PS1 loads now perfectly in dos mode and IPC but..... In Dos mode the program stops when a sound is played then continues after. May be a sound card problem ?

Thank you.

Regards.

Richard

Quote from: AviOK, let's try this.

Backup winps1.ini file (PS1 main directory) and then edit it and leave only the displaysize line (remove all the joystick lines).

Also, rename the 747PS13.CFG file (to create a new one) and try now.

Can you get it running? If yes, you will have to setup the joystick both for IPC and PS1. If not, this is (probably) not the problem so restore the 2 files to the original condition.

Is that getting you anywhere?

One more question. There is a program (don't remember which one) that doesn't like spaces in the path name. Do you have any space in the path to IPC or PS1?

Avi

I don't understand you. Are you saying you can run PS1 but when a sound file is being played, PS1 pause and after the sound file "ends" PS1 resume operation normally?
If this is the case I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.
Avi Adin
LLBG

Richard Portier

Quote from: AviI don't understand you. Are you saying you can run PS1 but when a sound file is being played, PS1 pause and after the sound file "ends" PS1 resume operation normally?
If this is the case I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Forgive my poor explanation in english.

PS1 pauses (short) just the time to "load" or "search"(I presume) the sound file THEN PS1 resumes with the sound playing.

I don't know if it's clear ;-). It's happening only in "Dos" mode. Not with 747IPC

Regards.

Richard

Avi

OK, now I need to understand what do you mean by dos mode and IPC mode and why don't you use IPC (you should run 747IPC.exe in the IPC directory) if it works with no problems.
Avi Adin
LLBG

Richard Portier

I call 'Dos" mode when I launch PS1 before 747IPC exists (see my first post).

By now a couple of days after to have changed all my config (New MC without analogic game port :roll: etc etc) ... I did not understand why PS1 didn't want to load the same way. Then, after search here, I found IPC... You know the end of the story.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

It's great to read on the home page "New version in 2010"

Best Regards.

Richard