News:

Precision Simulator update 10.175 (29 May 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

METAR Settings

Started by B747-400, Sun, 26 May 2024 11:02

B747-400

Hi Gents,

searched, but couldn't find the info - pls advice in case I missed. Thx  :)

On Preferences / Basics you can switch on "Allow METAR ... from Internet".

As all my client PCs are not connected to internet, only the server is: are those METAR info's distributed internally to the clients to make planet, weather zones, ND weather etc. working correctly?

If not, I can share the Weather folder via my internal network as symlink. If that would work!

Thx and BR
Hans

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Hans,

the server will send all required weather data to the clients.

The clients need no Internet, and you need not care about it :-)

Background info: There are 2 relevant things that PSX synchronizes automatically:

1. The aerodynamic simulation needs weather data for the current aircraft position.
2. The radar simulation and the Instructor's MET map need weather data of the 7 local zones (and planet).

Data #2 get the clients from the server whenever there's a change in the 7 local zones (or planet).
Data #1 compute the clients on their own using data #2

3. Server-only stuff:
When the FMS simulation is loading weather data into the active FMC route, or when the Instructor's Corridor feature is generating a route corridor, the server has scanned the newest two METAR world files stored in the server's weather folder. These actions -- FMS or Corridor -- are only executed in the server. The server then just sends the related CDU page text or corridor text to the clients. Clients don't scan or compute this. They just display the texts (generated and sent by the server). The "sigmets.cache" works in the same way.

If you had to synchronise the weather files in your networked Aerowinx folders, you sure would find an important note in the Aerowinx manual :-) There is no such note as there's no such requirement.

Regards,

|-|ardy

B747-400

Thanks a lot Hardy, for your important info's!  8)

BR
Hans